Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I should have qualified that I was talking about the "Jewish" perspective. In the Hebrew there is no past, present or future. There is unfinished and there is finished. Paul makes it clear that God has to finish His work in us. Perfection means finished. Humans can never be perfect. It is impossible for us to do a perfect work. Only God is able to finish His work in us to perfect us. As Christians we have to produce fruit. If we do not produce fruit then we will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

You and I know that ONLY God is able to perfect HIS work in people. But the Jewish believe if only they are good enough then they will find acceptance with God. Paul tells us that the law does not save us. The law does not give us the power or the ability to do what is good & right & true. We know that only God can perfect or finish His work in us and in our lives.

There is a beginning, but beginning could be past, present or future. So with God there is unfinished and there is finished.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Christians we have to produce fruit. If we do not produce fruit then we will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

If a small tree is in the path of a lava flow and someone digs up the tree and transplants it to another location, how much part did the tree have in saving itself?

Should that tree produce fruit after it is saved from the lava's fire?

A farmer finds a sorry, no-good, rotten, horse stuck in a swamp and about to be submerged in the mud. The farmer hooks his good, hardworking horse up to the sorry horse to pull it out of the swamp. During the process the good horse stumbles and falls and breaks its leg in process of saving the sorry horse.

Should the saved horse work hard for the farmer after it is saved from the swamp?

Christ told Nicodemus that nobody inherits the kingdom without being "born again" of the Spirit of God.

Have you been "born again" of the Spirit?

That process is found below.

Eph 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

You seem to be confusing salvation and works.

We work because we are saved, but our works do not save us.

His work on the Cross of Calvary is the thing that saves us.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be confusing salvation and works.
As Christians we trust in the finished work of carvery. WE are told to call the things that are not as though they were. We may not be perfect or blameless, but we should see ourselves as a finished work. "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Phil 3:12

John 19:30b "Jesus said, "It is finished."

Reactions: oldrunner
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00