May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first convenant was forever , not untill year 32 A.D

The Abrahamic Covenant was fulfilled by Christ at Calvary, based on Galatians 3:16.
It is the New Covenant found in Matthew 26:28.
It is forever.

The Sinai Covenant was temporary, based on Galatians 3:16-29.

• Winner
Reactions: shilohsfoal
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Abrahamic Covenant was fulfilled by Christ at Calvary, based on Galatians 3:16.
It is the New Covenant found in Matthew 26:28.
It is forever.

The Sinai Covenant was temporary, based on Galatians 3:16-29.

You can't make convenant with dead person can you ?
These who died under old , were under old .

That's why there is division in Matthew 11:11 , John was the end of old covenanet and he is least in Kingdom even tho he was best man alive other than Jesus .

But we under new convenant people are greater than OT saints because we are born of God .

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't make convenant with dead person can you ?
These who died under old , were under old .

That's why there is division in Matthew 11:11 , John was the end of old covenanet and he is least in Kingdom even tho he was best man alive other than Jesus .

But we under new convenant people are greater than OT saints because we are born of God .

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Isa_63:11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Luk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Luk 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
Luk 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oldrunner

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
usa
✟59,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
How many mortals are left after Matthew 25:31-46?

Plenty, cause the Parousia/coming happens at Rev. 6:12-17. verse 16 talks about "His Face"(countenance, appearance), and they are hiding. In Rev 19 they are fighting. Just after we see the great multitude that came out of "great tribulation". (Rev. 7:9-17)

Comparing with Mat 24:21, we find the same phrase. And go to 24:29-31, we see this whole sequence is the same event as Rev. 6:12-17. One picture shows the resurrection/rapture-heaven and Earth (Mark 13:27), the other shows the vantage point of the wicked-them mourning... We are rescued, the world starts to undergo the Day of the Lords wrath. It will last a year and a day, IMO. I believe the fabric of Heaven will be parted, and everyone will be able to see into the 3rd Heaven-where God is. Like a "portal" opening to the other dimension. That be the sign. It will be world wide. :)

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is English a second language for you? We work with a lot of foreign students, in fact my wife is from the Philippines. So I understand if you are having a problem understanding the language and the terms we use here in this country.

You must only know and communicate with a few people from this country.

So when you tell a" lie"such as Israel gave us the nuke and are questioned about that lie,You respond with personal insults.Try not change the subject.

Upvote 0

oldrunner

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
usa
✟59,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Can you show surviving mortals in the text of Matthew 25:31-46?

I guess we will have to agree to disagree here Bro. :) And we'll see soon enough. ;)

The book of Revelation gives us more info/details than that what is in the gospels. Also, Paul in 1st Cor. 15, shows there is a separation: Once at the coming, (Parousia), then at "the end". Just like Rev. 20. We got to take all the Scripture on a subject and try and fit it in. I believe Pre-Mill, and Dispensational, does this the best, IMO. Have a great Sunday! (I got to work) :(

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess we will have to agree to disagree here Bro.

In other words... the scripture does not agree with your version.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, the Two People of God doctrine of modern Dispensational Theology falls apart.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You must only know and communicate with a few people from this country.

So when you tell a" lie"such as Israel gave us the nuke and are questioned about that lie,You respond with personal insults.Try not change the subject.
Careful what you accuse others of because God only give you the ability to judge your own heart and project that out on others. When the Bible says as you judge you shall be judged this means that you are guilty of what you judge others for.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about Jewish people who do not believe in Jesus? Are they lost?
They are weighed on the scale to see if what they did in life was more good or more evil. Most Christians believe we can never be good enough on our own apart from God. This has to be the work of God in us and through us. In Daniel 5 King Belshazzar is one of the tragic figures of Old Testament history: "You have been Weighed In The Balances And Found Wanting”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Careful what you accuse others of because God only give you the ability to judge your own heart and project that out on others. When the Bible says as you judge you shall be judged this means that you are guilty of what you judge others for.

Israel didn't give the united states the atomic bomb as you claimed and God knows it .Everyone knows it.
First atomic bomb detonated-
July 16,1445

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel's DNA is ubiquitous in the entire human race as a result of genetic dispersion throughout the millennia. The Jewish community itself acknowledges and applauds that reality.
Israel's DNA is amazingly pure all things considered. As a people they should not even exist today in any sort of a state of purity. You consider that there are adoptions, people have affairs, they get divorced and remarried. Yet the DNA is pure to a fault because just like the Amish the Hebrew people have a lot of sickness and disease from inbreeding. They are leaders in Genetic research to help them find a cure for the many genetic diseases that they deal with as a people.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
since they don't believe in Moses how can they believe in Jesus ?
I have found this to be true with Science. In order to deny the Bible you have to deny the truth we find in Science. AS you say in order to deny Jesus they have to deny Moses because Moses wrote about Jesus. Even they have to deny their own Hebrew language because the meaning of the letters in their own language points to Jesus. That is why they speak Yiddish and not the Ancient Hebrew language that the Bible was written in.

Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Israel's DNA is amazingly pure all things considered. As a people they should not even exist today in any sort of a state of purity. You consider that there are adoptions, people have affairs, they get divorced and remarried. Yet the DNA is pure to a fault because just like the Amish the Hebrew people have a lot of sickness and disease from inbreeding. They are leaders in Genetic research to help them find a cure for the many genetic diseases that they deal with as a people.

The Jewish community isn't concerned with DNA purity, just DNA presence, which is ubiquitous in the entire human race. It therefore cannot constitute a criterion of divine acceptability. But then, it never did. (Genesis 17:12). God's only criteria for His acceptability have only ever been faith and obedience. (Acts 10:34,35)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are weighed on the scale to see if what they did in life was more good or more evil.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you show surviving mortals in the text of Matthew 25:31-46?

Not if you are closed-minded to the fact, that in that context the goats don't represent all of the unsaved as a whole. Look at how the goats addressed and answered Jesus. That is how professed servants of Christ might answer Him, not instead how professed satan worshipers would, as an example.

Which sounds more reasonable?

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall His professed servants also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Or this instead?

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall the professed satan worshipers also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Verse 44 doesn't fit an answer satan worshipers might give, or that atheists might give, but it fits with answers unprofitable professed servants of Christ might give. And anyone paying attention to the texts would know this has been the context since at least as of verse 36 in Matthew 24 up unto this judgment in chapter 25, that being about profitable and unprofitable professed servants of Christ. Context matters believe it or not.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not if you are closed-minded to the fact, that in that context the goats don't represent all of the unsaved as a whole. Look at how the goats addressed and answered Jesus. That is how professed servants of Christ might answer Him, not instead how professed satan worshipers would, as an example.

Which sounds more reasonable?

44 Then shall His professed servants also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Or this instead?

44 Then shall the professed satan worshipers also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Verse 44 doesn't fit an answer satan worshipers might give, or that atheists might give, but it fits with answers unprofitable professed servants of Christ might give. And anyone paying attention to the texts would know this has been the context since at least as of verse 36 in Matthew 24 up unto this judgment in chapter 25, that being about profitable and unprofitable professed servants of Christ. Context matters believe it or not.

Do you think every person sitting in modern church buildings is really a "born again" Christian?

I had a friend who taught Sunday School for many years, before he finally became a believer.

Upvote 0

oldrunner

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
usa
✟59,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
In other words... the scripture does not agree with your version.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, the Two People of God doctrine of modern Dispensational Theology falls apart.

Sure it does. You just can't understand it, or don't want to. A general resurrection makes sense if we didn't have 1st Cor 15, and Rev 20. But we do, we have more light on the subject than the Gospels.

About the two people of God. You argue against Paul's plain words- which are God's plain words, that He has not rejected Israel-but has a remnant. (Romans 11) Does God need to draw a picture for you? I don't know how more clearer He could of been with the examples He gives?

Zech. 12 shows exactly the scene when they repent as a nation. Isa. 66:7-8 teaches that before Zions pain came she gave birth to a Son-first coming of Jesus. 66:8 shows that the nation will be born "at once", after her birth pains. This is at the time of Jacobs trouble-but he will be saved out of it. (Jer. 30:6-11) God says, "Shall I bring to birth and not cause to be delivered?" And, "But I will not make a full end of you". God is going to make this happen! So you are arguing against the plain revealed will of God Himself. And replacement/removal theology can't stop it, and Satan and the Antichrist can't stop it. If you weren't so biased toward the Jews and Israel, you and others on these Forums might see more clearly, IMO. :sigh: God help you brother!

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
About the two people of God. You argue against Paul's plain words- which are God's plain words, that He has not rejected Israel-but has a remnant. (Romans 11) Does God need to draw a picture for you? I don't know how more clearer He could of been with the examples He gives?

Zech. 12 shows exactly the scene when they repent as a nation.

Paul's words are clear, because in Romans 11:1-5 he shows that God has not rejected the faithful remnant like Paul, but he has rejected the Baal worshipers. Do you know the difference between the two different groups of Israelites in the passage?

Paul uses the Olive Tree made up of both faithful Israelite branches and faithful Gentile branches as a symbol of the New Covenant Church.

The unbelievers are the branches broken off, who can be grafted back into the tree through faith in Christ.
Paul provides no path to salvation outside of the Church in the passage.

Joh 19:34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.
Joh 19:35 And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe.
Joh 19:36 For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled, "NOT ONE OF HIS BONES SHALL BE BROKEN."
Joh 19:37 And again another Scripture says, "THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED."

In the verse above John quoted from Zechariah 12:10, on the day Christ was crucified.

Zec 12:10 "And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

The Spirit was poured out on the Day of Pentecost.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." (Peter addressed the crowd as "all the house of Israel" in the verse above.)

Therefore, Zechariah 12:10 was fulfilled during the first century.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.