Mature Thinking

E

emdd

Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. (Philip. 3:15)

Mature thinking in Christ is in the desire to press in to know him, to count all things as a loss in comparison. ~...that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. (Philip. 3:10-11)

Dear believer, this is what we aspire to. Though we are saved, we are still being perfected. ~Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. (Philip. 3:12)

The mature in Christ think this way. If you believe maturity is something other than counting all things as loss in comparison to pressing in to know Jesus. God will show that to you. ~I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philip. 3:14)

Still, if you are like me, mature thinking ebbs and flows, as we imperfectly press on. We can be confident, dear believer, that if in any circumstance, we think otherwise (than the mature desire to know Jesus in that situation), that too, God will make clear to us.

~Lord Jesus, there is none like you. In your love and faithfulness, have mercy on me, and grant me the grace to seek you, to know you in circumstances where I have lost sight of you. May I abide in you today, to walk in your presence, in business, pleasure, or pain.~

Today's very great and precious promise

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philip. 1:6)

s
with permissions​