Littleton
✟15,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew and Revelation can be matched up by contiguous sections of text in parallel columns.

here are two examples

matt 13:1-2
[1] The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.
[2] And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

Rev 13:1
[1] And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

AND

matt 18:6
[6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

rev 18:21
[21] And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

naturally the matchup begins at Matt and Rev 1:1

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF :wave:

As said above - this area is intended for an introduction - roughly what brought you to CF and a little about yourself. Perhaps you would care to enlighten us about yourself ?

Hope you enjoy being with us

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Matthew and Revelation can be matched up by contiguous sections of text in parallel columns.

here are two examples

matt 13:1-2
[1] The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.
[2] And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

Rev 13:1
[1] And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

AND

matt 18:6
[6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

rev 18:21
[21] And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

naturally the matchup begins at Matt and Rev 1:1
Hello Steve
It's great to hear from you and you've posted some interesting observations between Matthew and Revelation.
I hope you will enjoy your time on CF.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith