• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Matthew 25 Jesus Returns In Final Judgment, Eternal Kingdom

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Truth7t7, Nov 14, 2017.

1. claninja

claninja Well-Known Member

+240
    Christian
    Married
    Animals also have the breath of life in them. Do they have eternal spirits in them?

Genesis 2:7
    7Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Genesis 7:22
    of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died

I could say the same about you. We both have a different way of viewing scripture.

eternal life is a gift from God for those who believe.

John 3:16
    16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 6:23
    23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If Jesus had not been raised from the dead, where would those eternal spirits have gone? No where, for they would have perished.

1 Corinthians 15:17-18
    and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished

in other words, physically dead.

You said this:
    Then you said:
    Not following you here. Please elaborate, as it appears contradictory, but may not be if you can clarify.

Amen to that!

2. claninja

+240
    Christian
    Married
    When the OT saints died, they did not go to heaven to be the Lord.

John 3:13
    13No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.

Hebrew 11:13-16
    All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. 15And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.

The OT saints are not made perfect apart from the body of Christ.

Hebrews 11:39
    39And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

If Jesus did not ascend to the father until after his resurrection, why would we ascend before the resurrection, especially if Christ is the first fruit?

John 20:17
    17Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’”

3. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+1,844
    Christian
    Married

Joh 5:27  And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 

Joh 5:28  Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 

Joh 5:29  And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. 

Joh 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. 

4. seventysevens

seventysevens Well-Known Member

+194
    Christian
    In Relationship
    26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Do you see that animals are created in the image of Almighty God ? Did he give animals dominion over all the earth ? NO!
    Only mankind spirit is raised incorruptible ,
    Genesis 7 you refer to is God wiping out mankind because of sin , that is not speaking of the resurrection

Paul speaking in Corinth was speaking of the resurrection of those who died in Christ and ALSO those who receive a Glorified incorruptible body who did NOT Die a physical death
    you pick out scriptures that you think supports your view and ignore the context of the chapter you find it in
    That is called taking it OUT of Context , you are rearranging the scriptures to suit you desire
    To have the proper understanding you must include all of the textual message in which you find the verse

5. claninja

+240
    Christian
    Married
    Absolutely agree. But you are going to have to show that the phrase image of God means we have an immortal soul.
    So we agree, that the Hebrew phrase "breath of life" is not the giving of the soul.
    Those who say mankind has an immortal soul is because of the phrase: breath of life. that's why it was brought up.

Here is my question again: If Christ has not been raised, then those who died in Christ have perished. How is this possible if they have an immortal soul?

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished

Please explain the cherry picked verses and how you would interpret them.

Additionally, if Christ did not ascend to the father until after his resurrection. why do we ascend to the father before the resurrection?

6. seventysevens

+194
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Several other posters and I have tried for about 3 days and many many scriptures to show you that Jesus has not yet returned in his 2 coming , but you insist that he has returned, it seems that you belong to some other type of belief system that teaches a different gospel , we try to change topic and it is still the same thing where your views are not in line with the bible teachings , This has become an unproductive use of time . I truly hope that you find your way .
    (Matthew 10:14; Luke 9:5). In Mark 6:11 Jesus says, “And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.” In the Matthew 10 account, Jesus clarifies His meaning: “Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town” (verse 15).
    . In the scriptural examples, Jesus was telling His disciples that they were to preach the gospel to everyone. Where they were received with joy, they should stay and teach. But where their message was rejected, they had no further responsibility. They were free to walk away with a clear conscience, knowing they had done all they could do. Shaking the dust off their feet was, in effect, saying that those who rejected God’s truth would not be allowed to hinder the furtherance of the gospel. Even the dust of those cities that rejected the Lord was an abomination and would not be allowed to cling to the feet of God’s messengers.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  7. claninja

+240
    Christian
    Married
    We agree on much, just not on end times.

Christ, the son of God, came to earth, died, was buried, and was raised on the 3rd day. He initiated the new covenant, saved us from our sins, gave us eternal life, and reconciled us to God. He ascended to the Father and has all authority in heaven and on earth. May he be praised forever and ever, Amen!

8. claninja

+240
    Christian
    Married
    The gospel is not about the end times. The gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ

9. Riberra

Riberra Well-Known Member

+399
    Christian
    Married
    You need to read The Book of Revelation....which is about things to come until the Second Coming of Jesus ...and after.

10. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+343
    Christian
    Married
    The olivet discourse has not been fulfilled, the great trib in Matthew 24:21 is a future event, the second coming and resurrection seen in Matthew 24:29-31 are future events.

If you would like a specific answer to something, give me a small paragraph, be more than happy to answer you :)

Your massive cut and paste is a bit much :)

11. jgr

jgr Well-Known Member Supporter

+612
    Non-Denom
    Feel free to choose any item from within it to respond to.

12. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+343
    Christian
    Married
    He will come again in fire judgment, 2 Peter 3:10-13, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Nahum 1:5, Micah 3:2 in the resurrection final judgment of all John 5:28-29, Matthew 25:31-46, as this earth is dissolved by his fire, the the eternal New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem Revelation 21:1-5

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  13. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+343
    Christian
    Married
    Lets start where we left off :)

Matthew 24:29-30 "immediately after the tribulation of those days" proves your teaching of 70AD fulfillment of the "Great Tribulation" false jgr, "They shall see the Son of man" in the second advent, immediately after the future great tribulation.

I recall you used "Symbolic Allegory" to remove this literal reading, "I Strongly Disagree"

You had literal armies in destruction, a literal temple of stones, literal people fleeing a literal city on earth in Jerusalem?

Then "Symbolic Allegory" of Matthew 24:29

A Big Bend And Twist, to make your eschatology work :)

14. jgr

+612
    Non-Denom
    If Acts 2:16-21 is symbolic (and it is), why cannot Matthew 24:29 also be symbolic?

I confess to ambivalence about verse 30. There are arguments for both historical and future fulfillment.

Note that the evidence by Bro. Woodrow that I provided does not go as far as verse 29. I'd like to see some of your commentary on that evidence itself.

15. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+343
    Christian
    Married
    jgr the scripture interprets itself. A believer does not need a comentary, God's word is sufficient. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days" is referring to the great tribulation seen in Matthew 24:21

Matthew 24:21 & Matthew 24:29-30 are tied together by the time stamp, "Immediately After" this is a literal reading.

Your teaching in error removes this time stamp "immediately after" through symbolic allegory, I strongly disagree :)

7-10 days ago we went over the same verses, and arrived at the same conclusion

jgr we know the second advent is future, that will take place "immediately after" a future tribulation, "Simple" :)

You teach the great tribulation seen in Matthew 24:21 was fulfilled in 70AD, With yet a future second advent in Matthew 24:30 "they shall see the Son of Man coming"

I strongly disagree, as clearly explained above :)

No need to run around the bush again and again, we will disagree :)

16. jgr

+612
    Non-Denom
    We can agree to disagree.

But you still haven't told us why Acts can be symbolic, but Matthew cannot.

Nor do we know who "you" and "ye" are through all the preceding verses.

17. seventysevens

+194
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Acts 2 is not allegorical it is prophetic , it speaks that what did happen when Jesus was crucified will happen again when Jesus returns , the sky darken , the earth shook etc. It is your perception that needs correction.
    ECC
    9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Like a Darwinist mindset , people who refuse to believe there is a Creator God prefer to believe that all life came from a single cell amoeba which they call it simple because it is only one cell , but science has proven that the single cell amoeba is very very complex and not possible to occur by random chance. Darwinist/evolutionist prefer to believe God does not exist - it is the mindset that a person has that prevents them from understanding things fully.

As long as you seek just men who write commentaries not willing to believe in God's prophetic Word your understanding will suffer.
    Since you believe that the GREAT TRIBULATION that Jesus spoke about has already happened , you will not properly understand various scriptural teaching , when you seek God to show you and not just men you will then have your eyes opened ,

Paul was blinded by Jesus when Paul set out to kill Christians , the men with Paul saw the bright light but were not affected by it , but Paul was blinded - the men who were with Paul thought Paul to be delirious but Gods Word tells us that it was Jesus who blinded Paul and also gave Paul back his sight by a Christian - surely you do not think the story of Paul is allegorical

If you spend as much time and effort trying to see scripture from Gods point of view as you do men's commentaries and go beyond the merely academic view it will greatly enhance your understanding of scripture

18. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+1,844
    Christian
    Married
    Those promoting the doctrine found in the notes of the Scofield Reference Bible, should take the advice given above.

They would be better off attempting to respond with scripture, instead of LOLs, when their doctrine is shown to be in error.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

19. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Not my faulty.

+1,478
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    Same as those promoting doctrine found in the Daniel 9 notes of the Geneva Bible.

20. seventysevens

+194
    Christian
    In Relationship
    It HAS been Prove REPEATEDLY how wrong you are in most of your postings , nearly every time you post it is in error , just as you speak of scripture that was referring to the fowl -birds eating the flesh of human Kings you try to say it is birds marrying and giving in marriage eat drink and be merry :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017