FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I hate to disclose this to you, but the Lake of Fire and theion (rooted in Theos) is the very breath of Divinity! Anything that Breath breaths on has radical change and transformation. All the "wickeds" will end up there, and the "unbelieving," but to declare there is no hope in their death is a falsehood!

Pay very close attention to the following>>>>>>>

From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends..

By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the...

Ex= The Source

Di= The Agent

Eiv= The Goal

The Koine, ta pavnte, is the strongest word for all in the Scriptures; it literally means the all.

Romans 11:36=

ta pavnte/ ta panta, "in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the all things, the universe, and, everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming."

It is not in the limited sense of "nearly all", "pavnte" minus "ta

The final preposition [eiv) reveals the ultimate goal of all that is. What has been provided in Christ is a re-turn, a re-storation, a re-newing, a re-demption, a re-concilation, a re-surrection, a re-stitution.

The prefix "re" means back again, again, anew--and all the words with this prefix speak of something that left its place and has now made its circuit and come back to the point of its beginning.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
the land of Edom
Malachi 4 refers to how God will have indignation against the people there forever. In the Bible, the length of the indignation is how long the punishment time lasts.

Isaiah 34
9And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.

10It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.

none shall pass though it -
just like in the time of the rich man - no one could pass to him from the part as to Abraham's bosom location to even given him any water

Sorry: Check the O.P. and stay the course! And to all of you who have patiently followed this exchange, F.L. has just veered off the subject & I apologize.

Upvote 0

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rest of chapter answers
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to the context (and only the context) of St. Matthew chapter 25, what qualifies a "goat nation" & what qualifies a "sheep nation"?

Answers=

1. A goat nation receives "everlasting punishment" because>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>??

2. A sheep nation qualifies for "everlasting life">>>>>>>>>>>??
A shepherd who kept a mixed flock of sheep and goats in the Negev wrote a book about his experiences. When he led his flock to the trough, the goats used their horns to push the sheep out of the way in order to get to the trough first.

Goats can climb some types of trees to eat the leaves off the trees. While walking near Siloam in Jerusalem, I saw goats eating the leaves off of a fig tree while the the little girl tending the flock watched. I have read goats produced more milk than sheep.

Sheep's wool is preferred for suits, socks and sweaters over goat's hair, especially in days before synthetic fibers. Silk and cotton were very expensive imports during Roman times. Linen and wool were more affordable.

One day I pulled over by the road side to take photos of a mixed flock and a shepherd along the road from Jerusalem to Jericho. I was able to stand there for some time watching. Some of the goats were running back and forth. The sheep were moving slowly or resting on their feet. If I was asked what group was easier to support on limited pasture, I would think it to be the sheep. The goats burned more calories.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Rest of chapter answers
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the context (and only the context) of St. Matthew chapter 25, what qualifies a "goat nation" & what qualifies a "sheep nation"?

Answers=

1. A goat nation receives "everlasting punishment" because>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>??

He after the great tribulation gathers the nations.. of those people He splits sheep and goats. The thing people miss is HE can not lie. Well when He says "I NEVER KNEW YOU". So we as MAN think NOT like Him.. we do say to people we knew for years.. I thought I knew you.. I never knew you.. Well He is not like us. When He says "I NEVER KNEW YOU".. there was no time since you were born that HE EVER knew you.. meaning they were never saved. Some do say ..JESUS ..yet.. do not believe.

Yet its not about us..but those that make it through the great trib. Of which.. I pray to be counted worthy to escape and and looking up NOW for Christ to come back for us to take us where He is.. as He promised since HE can not lie

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The goats are very simply those who were never transformed in their hearts through faith in Jesus Christ (e.g. 2 Corinthians 5:17, Ezekiel 36:25-27).

Titus 3:3-7, For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost: Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour: That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Romans 5:5, And hope maketh not ashamed, because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given to us.

For the goats, their lives are characterized by disobedience, lust, malice and envy, and hatred.

For the sheep, our lives are characterized by love.

Because we love (i.e. we are new creatures in Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17), our default when we come across "one of the least of these" is that we will help them.

But for those whose lives are characterized by hatred (the goats, those who are not born again); they will never lift a finger to help (and that is their default); in fact, what they do in their lives will serve more to harm than to help.

Therefore the sheep do not set about doing good works in order to earn salvation; rather we do good works because our very nature has been changed from unrighteous to righteous.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think you are right in thinking about this being a judgment of nations to enter into the Millennium in particular and perhaps the new earth in general and (certainly) not people for salvation.

Without going into detail - if the nations in today's world were a picture of the treatment of Christ's "brethren" (Israel) in the Tribulation period - the United States would be a sheep nation and Iran would be a goat nation.

People who use this passage to teach a works salvation - wherein there are good people who visit prisoners for instance and thereby earn a pass in judgment and bad people who don't and therefore don't rate salvation - are ignorant of the basic tenets of salvation by grace.

People, like yourself, who see this passage as something else entirely are on the right track IMO.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Answers=

according to the text the qualifier is the acts of service to a brother in need.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Rest of chapter answers

Matthew 25 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
25 `Then shall the reign of the heavens be likened to ten virgins, who, having taken their lamps, went forth to meet the bridegroom;

2 and five of them were prudent, and five foolish;

3 they who were foolish having taken their lamps, did not take with themselves oil;

4 and the prudent took oil in their vessels, with their lamps.

5 `And the bridegroom tarrying, they all nodded and were sleeping,

6 and in the middle of the night a cry was made, Lo, the bridegroom doth come; go ye forth to meet him.

7 `Then rose all those virgins, and trimmed their lamps,

8 and the foolish said to the prudent, Give us of your oil, because our lamps are going out;

9 and the prudent answered, saying -- Lest there may not be sufficient for us and you, go ye rather unto those selling, and buy for yourselves.

10 `And while they are going away to buy, the bridegroom came, and those ready went in with him to the marriage-feasts, and the door was shut;

11 and afterwards come also do the rest of the virgins, saying, Sir, sir, open to us;

12 and he answering said, Verily I say to you, I have not known you.

13 `Watch therefore, for ye have not known the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man doth come.

14 `For -- as a man going abroad did call his own servants, and did deliver to them his substance,

15 and to one he gave five talents, and to another two, and to another one, to each according to his several ability, went abroad immediately.

16 `And he who did receive the five talents, having gone, wrought with them, and made other five talents;

17 in like manner also he who [received] the two, he gained, also he, other two;

18 and he who did receive the one, having gone away, digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 `And after a long time cometh the lord of those servants, and taketh reckoning with them;

20 and he who did receive the five talents having come, brought other five talents, saying, `Sir, five talents thou didst deliver to me; lo, other five talents did I gain besides them.

21 `And his lord said to him, Well done, servant, good and faithful, over a few things thou wast faithful, over many things I will set thee; enter into the joy of thy lord.

22 `And he who also did receive the two talents having come, said, Sir, two talents thou didst deliver to me; lo, other two talents I did gain besides them.

23 `His lord said to him, Well done, servant, good and faithful, over a few things thou wast faithful, over many things I will set thee; enter into the joy of thy lord.

24 `And he also who hath received the one talent having come, said, Sir, I knew thee, that thou art a hard man, reaping where thou didst not sow, and gathering from whence thou didst not scatter;

25 and having been afraid, having gone away, I hid thy talent in the earth; lo, thou hast thine own!

26 `And his lord answering said to him, Evil servant, and slothful, thou hadst known that I reap where I did not sow, and I gather whence I did not scatter!

27 it behoved thee then to put my money to the money-lenders, and having come I had received mine own with increase.

28 `Take therefore from him the talent, and give to him having the ten talents,

29 for to every one having shall be given, and he shall have overabundance, and from him who is not having, even that which he hath shall be taken from him;

30 and the unprofitable servant cast ye forth to the outer darkness; there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.

31 `And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory;

32 and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from the goats,

33 and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left.

34 `Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

35 for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me;

36 naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me.

37 `Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink?

38 and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around?

39 and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee?

40 `And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did [it].

41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

42 for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink;

43 a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me.

44 `Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee?

45 `Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me.

46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
by Public Domain

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Matthew 25 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
25 `Then shall the reign of the heavens be likened to ten virgins, who, having taken their lamps, went forth to meet the bridegroom;

2 and five of them were prudent, and five foolish;

3 they who were foolish having taken their lamps, did not take with themselves oil;

4 and the prudent took oil in their vessels, with their lamps.

5 `And the bridegroom tarrying, they all nodded and were sleeping,

6 and in the middle of the night a cry was made, Lo, the bridegroom doth come; go ye forth to meet him.

7 `Then rose all those virgins, and trimmed their lamps,

8 and the foolish said to the prudent, Give us of your oil, because our lamps are going out;

9 and the prudent answered, saying -- Lest there may not be sufficient for us and you, go ye rather unto those selling, and buy for yourselves.

10 `And while they are going away to buy, the bridegroom came, and those ready went in with him to the marriage-feasts, and the door was shut;

11 and afterwards come also do the rest of the virgins, saying, Sir, sir, open to us;

12 and he answering said, Verily I say to you, I have not known you.

13 `Watch therefore, for ye have not known the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man doth come.

14 `For -- as a man going abroad did call his own servants, and did deliver to them his substance,

15 and to one he gave five talents, and to another two, and to another one, to each according to his several ability, went abroad immediately.

16 `And he who did receive the five talents, having gone, wrought with them, and made other five talents;

17 in like manner also he who [received] the two, he gained, also he, other two;

18 and he who did receive the one, having gone away, digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 `And after a long time cometh the lord of those servants, and taketh reckoning with them;

20 and he who did receive the five talents having come, brought other five talents, saying, `Sir, five talents thou didst deliver to me; lo, other five talents did I gain besides them.

21 `And his lord said to him, Well done, servant, good and faithful, over a few things thou wast faithful, over many things I will set thee; enter into the joy of thy lord.

22 `And he who also did receive the two talents having come, said, Sir, two talents thou didst deliver to me; lo, other two talents I did gain besides them.

23 `His lord said to him, Well done, servant, good and faithful, over a few things thou wast faithful, over many things I will set thee; enter into the joy of thy lord.

24 `And he also who hath received the one talent having come, said, Sir, I knew thee, that thou art a hard man, reaping where thou didst not sow, and gathering from whence thou didst not scatter;

25 and having been afraid, having gone away, I hid thy talent in the earth; lo, thou hast thine own!

26 `And his lord answering said to him, Evil servant, and slothful, thou hadst known that I reap where I did not sow, and I gather whence I did not scatter!

27 it behoved thee then to put my money to the money-lenders, and having come I had received mine own with increase.

28 `Take therefore from him the talent, and give to him having the ten talents,

29 for to every one having shall be given, and he shall have overabundance, and from him who is not having, even that which he hath shall be taken from him;

30 and the unprofitable servant cast ye forth to the outer darkness; there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.

31 `And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory;

32 and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from the goats,

33 and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left.

34 `Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

35 for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me;

36 naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me.

37 `Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink?

38 and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around?

39 and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee?

40 `And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did [it].

41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

42 for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink;

43 a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me.

44 `Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee?

45 `Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me.

46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
by Public Domain

Weymouth Translation=

Chapter 25 1 "Then will the Kingdom of the Heavens be found to be like ten bridesmaids who took their torches and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 For the foolish, when they took their torches, did not provide themselves with oil; 4 but the wise, besides their torches, took oil in their flasks. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, so that meanwhile they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6 But at midnight there is a loud cry, "`The Weymouth NT Anonymous 43 bridegroom! Go out and meet him!' 7 "Then all those bridesmaids roused themselves and trimmed their torches. 8 "`Give us some of your oil,' said the foolish ones to the wise, `for our torches are going out.' 9 "`But perhaps,' replied the wise, `there will not be enough for all of us. Go to the shops rather, and buy some for yourselves.' 10 "So they went to buy. But meanwhile the bridegroom came; those bridesmaids who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet; and the door was shut. 11 "Afterwards the other bridesmaids came and cried, "`Sir, Sir, open the door to us.' 12 "`In solemn truth I tell you,' he replied, `I do not know you.' 13 "Keep awake therefore; for you know neither the day nor the hour. 14 "Why, it is like a man who, when going on his travels, called his bondservants and entrusted his property to their care. 15 To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one--to each according to his individual capacity; and then started from home. 16 Without delay the one who had received the five talents went and employed them in business, and gained five more. 17 In the same way he who had the two gained two more. 18 But the man who had received the one went and dug a hole and buried his master's money. 19 "After a long lapse of time the master of those servants returned, and had a reckoning with them. 20 The one who had received the five talents came and brought five more, and said, "`Sir, it was five talents that you entrusted to me: see, I have gained five more.' 21 "`You have done well, good and trustworthy servant,' replied his master; `you have been trustworthy in the management of a little, I will put you in charge of much: share your master's joy.' 22 "The second, who had received the two talents, came and said, "`Sir, it was two talents you entrusted to me: see, I have gained two more.' 23 "`Good and trustworthy servant, you have done well,' his master replied; `you have been trustworthy in the management of a little, I will put you in charge of much: share your master's joy.' 24 "But, next, the man who had the one talent in his keeping came and said, "`Sir, I knew you to be a severe man, reaping where you had not sown and garnering what you had not winnowed. 25 So being afraid I went and buried your talent in the ground: there you have what belongs to you.' 26 "`You wicked and slothful servant,' replied his master, `did you know that I reap where I have not sown, and garner what I have not winnowed? 27 Your duty then was to deposit my money in some bank, and so when I came I should have got back my property with interest. 28 So take away the talent from him, and give it to the man who has the ten.' 29 (For to every one who has, more shall be Weymouth NT Anonymous 44 given, and he shall have abundance; but from him who has nothing, even what he has shall be taken away.) 30 `But as for this worthless servant, put him out into the darkness outside: *there* will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.' 31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then will He sit upon His glorious throne, 32 and all the nations will be gathered into His presence. And He will separate them from one another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and will make the sheep stand at His right hand, and the goats at His left. 34 "Then the King will say to those at His right, "`Come, my Father's blessed ones, receive your inheritance of the Kingdom which has been divinely intended for you ever since the creation of the world. 35 For when I was hungry, you gave me food; when I was thirsty, you gave me drink; when I was homeless, you gave me a welcome; 36 when I was ill-clad, you clothed me; when I was sick, you visited me; when I was in prison, you came to see me.' 37 "`When, Lord,' the righteous will reply, `did we see Thee hungry, and feed Thee; or thirsty, and give Thee drink? 38 When did we see Thee homeless, and give Thee a welcome? or ill-clad, and clothe Thee? 39 When did we see Thee sick or in prison, and come to see Thee?' 40 "But the King will answer them, "`In solemn truth I tell you that in so far as you rendered such services to one of the humblest of these my brethren, you rendered them to myself.' 41 "Then will He say to those at His left, "`Begone from me, with the curse resting upon you, into the Fire of the Ages, which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For when I was hungry, you gave me nothing to eat; when thirsty, you gave me nothing to drink; 43 when homeless, you gave me no welcome; ill-clad, you clothed me not; sick or in prison, you visited me not.' 44 "Then will they also answer, "`Lord, when did we see Thee hungry or thirsty or homeless or ill-clad or sick or in prison, and not come to serve Thee?' 45 "But he will reply, "`In solemn truth I tell you that in so far as you withheld such services from one of the humblest of these, you withheld them from me.' 46 "And these shall go away into the Punishment of the Ages, but the righteous into the Life of the Ages." C

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
First of all, I do not agree with the interpretation that there are entire "sheep nations" and "goat nations", but rather, as the Scriptures indicate, "sheep" and "goats" within every nation on earth.

Secondly, the only thing that "qualifies" anyone to inherit eternal life is that they have done "the will of the Father" and believed on the Son. Salvation is a gift of God, by grace, through faith and not of works. Matthew 25 is often misunderstood to teach that we earn our own salvation.

Matthew 25:
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Notice that Jesus separates the sheep from the goats prior to anything being said or any specific criteria being laid out as to what makes one a "sheep" or a "goat". Jesus knows who are His.

We see here that the Kingdom is indeed an "inheritance" which has been prepared for the "sheep" "from the foundation of the world." An inheritance is not something the one receiving it has earned, but rather, they receive it as a gift from another who has earned it.

And so, after separating the "sheep" from the "goats" and telling the "sheep" that they have their "inheritance" which was prepared for them, Jesus commends them for what they did to serve Him in their lives, by doing the good works they were saved unto.

And we read here that the "sheep" were not even aware that they had served Jesus in what they were doing. They simply went forward in the joy of their salvation and He worked through them in their lives. Their focus was clearly not on working for or earning their salvation, otherwise they would not have asked these questions.

And the same is true for the "goats." They did not belong to Jesus and so they gave no thought to serving Him (specifically by helping believers).

In Matthew 7:21-23, however, we do read of people who boast in their "many wonderful works", which they did in Jesus' name, and Jesus tells them He never knew them.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Qualifications for everlasting life=

Qualifications for everlasting punishment=

Note: Jesus Christ mentions nothing in this parable of sin, iniquity, disobedience or not trusting in Him. The qualifications (according to the context of St. Matthew 25) are those mentioned & only those.

Can we then base "everlasting life" or "everlasting punishment" on the statements of Christ in this parable.? Yes

Is the word "everlasting" (aionios) equal for "sheep & "goats". Yes

Does God punish as the final objective (an end in itself)? No

I do agree with you, my patient friend, no nation is exclusively a "goat" nor a "sheep." In every nation there are a remnant of grace who walk with Him. What Jesus Christ means regarding feeding Him, clothing Him, giving Him to drink, & visiting Him in prison is the question that all of us must understand. One thing for me is certain: the Father of all fathers always has an objective in view with His punishment & it is not an end in itself. Furthermore aionios life & aionios punishment is not aidios life or punishment. "Aionios" has a scope of ages, "aidios" is the only word in Scripture meaning eternal and found in only 2 verses of Scripture, both centered in the "aidios" God.

First of all, I do not agree with the interpretation that there are entire "sheep nations" and "goat nations", but rather, as the Scriptures indicate, "sheep" and "goats" within every nation on earth.

Secondly, the only thing that "qualifies" anyone to inherit eternal life is that they have done "the will of the Father" and believed on the Son. Salvation is a gift of God, by grace, through faith and not of works. Matthew 25 is often misunderstood to teach that we earn our own salvation.

Matthew 25:
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Notice that Jesus separates the sheep from the goats prior to anything being said or any specific criteria being laid out as to what makes one a "sheep" or a "goat". Jesus knows who are His.

We see here that the Kingdom is indeed an "inheritance" which has been prepared for the "sheep" "from the foundation of the world." An inheritance is not something the one receiving it has earned, but rather, they receive it as a gift from another who has earned it.

And so, after separating the "sheep" from the "goats" and telling the "sheep" that they have their "inheritance" which was prepared for them, Jesus commends them for what they did to serve Him in their lives, by doing the good works they were saved unto.

And we read here that the "sheep" were not even aware that they had served Jesus in what they were doing. They simply went forward in the joy of their salvation and He worked through them in their lives. Their focus was clearly not on working for or earning their salvation, otherwise they would not have asked these questions.

And the same is true for the "goats." They did not belong to Jesus and so they gave no thought to serving Him (specifically by helping believers).

In Matthew 7:21-23, however, we do read of people who boast in their "many wonderful works", which they did in Jesus' name, and Jesus tells them He never knew them.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Answers=
MATTHEW.24 & 25 = 24:3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” .......

25:37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"My brethren" referred to the disciples/apostles of Christ, and not to every needy Tom, Dikk and Harry.
....... By extension, the unsaved goats are the Christian laity who do not financially support His pastors, missionaries, evangelists, etc. The saved sheep are the Christian laity who financially support His Church workers/laborers and the saved sheep can be considered as working for God by proxy. Not every Christian needs to be a pastor or missionary or evangelist.

In fact, there may be false Christians who only come to Church(es) to sell insurance, Amway products, homes/real estate, etc or to get a pretty virgin Christian girl as a wife or to be in an exclusive social club or etc.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Answers=

There is no such thing as "goat nations" and "sheep nations". In Matthew 25:31-46, all of the nations are gathered, and then people are split into two groups: sheep and goats.

The sheep are those who fed etc a child of God (ie: someone saved) because all the saved are One (the body of Christ) and so are Christ as well....which means to feed any is to feed Christ.

The goats are those who refused to feed etc a child of God, and by so refusing they refused to feed etc Christ.

Upvote 0