Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible refers to God has a mother hen yet the Bible says that God is He. How does this make sense?

It's just a metaphor. When it refers to God the Father and says "he" it's not a metaphor.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Bible refers to God has a mother hen yet the Bible says that God is He. How does this make sense?
Are you not like a hen when you gather your children (chicks)? I certainly hope you are not like a rooster in that regard!

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There is no male or female in the realm of the Spirit. God is always referred to as He. However, God is like a mother. Where do you think the concept of female comes from in the first place?

Upvote 0

the last child

This. this is my right eye—no left eye. sorry. Lol
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Although God explicitly attributes the male gender to Himself, both males and females were created in God’s image, according to Genesis. And all throughout Scripture there are verses in which God is described with both male and female attributes (characteristics). I believe that the union between man and woman are like two pieces of a puzzle that complete the whole image of God, with both created with pieces of His image. After all, Marriage is just a reflection of the Church (the Bride) and Christ.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

figure of speech.

Speaking of God as he is simply an convention of the English Language.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,120.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think folks define what 'being made in the image of God' actually means.

Any definition should differentiate between man and the angels, and man and the animals.

It is not referring to physical form as it includes male and female.

The one distinguishing feature that sets man apart in God's creation and plan, is the God given capacity to be indwelled by God's spirit and hear His voice.

God is a spirit and in Christ this Holy Spirit indwelled.

We are also the first born of a new creation with Christ and His Spirit indwells us.

This is what it means to be made in His image, not that all mankind are indwelled by Him but that all have the capacity to receive His indwelling presence.

Upvote 0