USA
✟952,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no shame in being wealthy, but we are to use our wealth for the Kingdom of God.

That’s true. But it applies across the board. Stewardship isn’t solely the domain of those with excess means. We’re meant to be good stewards of what we’ve been given.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
:rolleyes:
I don’t believe God desires me to be wealthy because I believe it or claim it for myself. He provided me with qualities society values and compensates very well. However, the purpose for its acquisition and use must hail from Him.

I feel true wealth is more akin to holism in the sense of its comprehensiveness. For me, that includes physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, sexual, and financial health. I look for prosperity on all levels. That’s true abundance in my mind.

~Bella

Totally agree with you, there needs to be a balance. I put things in this order

1. God, God’s word, the Church.
2. Spouse (when I find one :rolleyes:)
3. My Kids and Family
4. Career
5. Finances (including tithing, I’m a HUGE Ramsey follower)
6. Education (non-scriptural)

And I view it like Maslow’s Pyramid, if I don’t have my #1 need (God) then I cannot be successful with #2 if I don’t have #2 down, I cannot focus on #3 and so on down the list.

(I’m a list type guy lol)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Totally agree with you, there needs to be a balance. I put things in this order

I would move finances to the fourth position. Ideally, your financial goals inform career and education. You start with the end (result) in mind and work backwards (where you are).

And I view it like Maslow’s Pyramid, if I don’t have my #1 need (God) then I cannot be successful with #2 if I don’t have #2 down, I cannot focus on #3 and so on down the list.

I apply Maslow’s hierarchy in different areas of my life. I don’t alter the framework. They’re building blocks.

~Bella

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There is no shame in being wealthy, but we are to use our wealth for the Kingdom of God.
Almost, but perhaps no cigar.... (and maybe not even almost)...

As Jesus Says "WOE (not good, not blessing, not joy) to the rich, for they have received their comfort...." .....

Remember what He said anyone must do to become His permanent disciples. It is always true and has not changed. His Word will not change, even to the end of the earth.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Stick with Scripture.

Going outside Scripture and believing other things , other directions, starts in error and ends in worse error and loss of the joy of reading Scripture and loss of the joy of fellowship with God Daily.
A lot of people "must be" various things, and they often all think they are right.
Getting back to Scripture is necessary, if not obvious, in all times.

I must be a charismatic because I think God wants me be to be wealthy, financially and spiritually.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus doesn't only say it's hard for the rich, but "impossible".

No, he said it was hard but not impossible.

Mat 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

G1423
δυσκόλως
duskolōs
Thayer Definition:
1) with difficulty
Part of Speech: adverb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G1422

What he said was impossible was man saving himself and said with God nothing is impossible.

Mat 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus showed the rich young ruler how short he falls of keeping even the first commandment (Exodus 20:3) which is the first of the two great commandments (Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:37) yet the rich young ruler confidently and (self righteously) declared that he has kept the commandments from his youth up and qualified for heaven under those terms. Yet Jesus knew the man's wealth had become his idolatrous god, which kept him from believing in Jesus. (John 3:15,16,18)

The rich young ruler missed the point that Jesus was making, failed to place his faith in Jesus for salvation, and continued instead to trust in his riches (vs. 21-23). The rich young ruler went away sad because he could not part from his wealth and not even in exchange for eternal life. If keeping the commandments is the basis by which we receive eternal life, then why wouldn't this remark be the pattern for all discussions concerning eternal life? Paul would have said to the jailer who asked, "what must I do to be saved?" by replying in Acts 16:31 - keep the commandments and you will be saved, yet that's not what Paul said. Instead, Paul said to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Jesus knows the hearts of all men and responds to each individual a little differently because He knows where our needs are. Jesus did not respond to the woman at the well, or to Nicodemus or to the rich young ruler in the exact same way, yet the consistent pattern in scripture is salvation by believing in/placing faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. (John 3:16; Acts 10:43; 16:31; Romans 4:5-6; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9 etc..)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yet Jesus knew the man's wealth had become his idolatrous god
Perhaps realize not only "had become", as Jesus shows that no man can serve two masters - he will love one and hate the other....
So if a man seeks wealth of this world, if a man seeks to accumulate his own money, he is already headed the wrong direction, away from being a disciple of Jesus, according to all Scripture in Harmony with Yahweh's Plan and Purpose in Healing Salvation by Grace and Faith in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps realize not only "had become", as Jesus shows that no man can serve two masters - he will love one and hate the other....
So if a man seeks wealth of this world, if a man seeks to accumulate his own money, he is already headed the wrong direction, away from being a disciple of Jesus, according to all Scripture in Harmony with Yahweh's Plan and Purpose in Healing Salvation by Grace and Faith in Jesus.
I guess we could say this man's wealth not only "had become" but truly was his idolatrous god. His wealth was his master. Those who receive Jesus by grace through faith become His disciples, yet this man could not part from his wealth when put to the test and not even in exchange for eternal life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums