Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And You Will Be Hated By All For My Name’s Sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

• Matthew 10:22

This verse is challenging for me because I've always tried to get along with people and be cool with them.

But I realize now that as a Christian there are just some people in this world who will hate you for no other reason then because you are a Christian, even if you haven't personally done anything to them.

So, I guess that's just the way it is ......

Does anyone else kind of feel like this ?

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It helps to expand your understanding beyond relations with people.
2 Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for
pulling down strongholds...

Ephesians 6:
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against
the wiles of the (enemy) devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual
wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand i
n the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
And yes, the devil will use even your friends and family to undermine your faithfulness.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And You Will Be Hated By All For My Name’s Sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

This verse is challenging for me because I've always tried to get along with people and be cool with them.

But I realize now that as a Christian there are just some people in this world who will hate you for no other reason then because you are a Christian, even if you haven't personally done anything to them.

Yep, sadly that is the way it is.

Mankind has heart trouble.

Much of Jesus' address to His disciples is devoted to advice on how to deal with problems they will encounter. The message they proclaim, although it is about love and right living, will encounter opposition in certain places.

In fact, said Jesus, they should be prepared for persecution.

Men's hearts are no softer today than when Christ was upon the earth. They will do all in their power to aid the great adversary in making it as hard as possible for the servants of Christ, just as the people did with Christ when He was upon the earth.

Nothing new under the sun.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Today on Facebook I was called a moron because when he said the Bible was full of contradictions I said it wasn't. Someone else asked him to cite 1-2 examples we are still waiting.
I was career military, in the mid 70s I was stationed in Kore,a other soldiers derisively called me "preacher" because I wouldn't join in "their reindeer games." i.e. all the shenanigans they participated in, shady ladies, alcohol etc..

Upvote 0