Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"The Seventh-day Adventist church is a controversial organization. With its founding prophetess, Ellen G. White, they teach that the proper day of worship is Saturday, Jesus is Michael the Archangel and that ultimately Satan will bear all of our sins, when a person dies he does not exist anymore, hell is not eternal, and more. They emphasize dietary laws and what many consider to be a legalism, especially since they teach you can lose your salvation. Some consider it a cult and others do not. Nevertheless, it is an organization that needs to be examined."

Seventh-day Adventism | CARM.org

Do SDA really teach that "ultimately Satan will bear all of our sins"? What does that mean?

SDA teaching Satan will bear all of our sins - Yahoo Search Results

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The Seventh-day Adventist church is a controversial organization. With its founding prophetess, Ellen G. White, they teach that the proper day of worship is Saturday, Jesus is Michael the Archangel and that ultimately Satan will bear all of our sins, when a person dies he does not exist anymore, hell is not eternal, and more. They emphasize dietary laws and what many consider to be a legalism, especially since they teach you can lose your salvation. Some consider it a cult and others do not. Nevertheless, it is an organization that needs to be examined."

Seventh-day Adventism | CARM.org

Do SDA really teach that "ultimately Satan will bear all of our sins"? What does that mean?

SDA teaching Satan will bear all of our sins - Yahoo Search Results
In the typical service the high priest, having made the atonement for Israel, came forth and blessed the congregation. So Christ, at the close of His work as mediator, will appear, “without sin unto salvation” (Hebrews 9:28), to bless His waiting people with eternal life. As the priest, in removing the sins from the sanctuary, confessed them upon the head of the scapegoat, so Christ will place all these sins upon Satan, the originator and instigator of sin. The scapegoat, bearing the sins of Israel, was sent away “unto a land not inhabited” (Leviticus 16:22); so Satan, bearing the guilt of all the sins which he has caused God’s people to commit, will be for a thousand years confined to the earth, which will then be desolate, without inhabitant, and he will at last suffer the full penalty of sin in the fires that shall destroy all the wicked. Thus the great plan of redemption will reach its accomplishment in the final eradication of sin and the deliverance of all who have been willing to renounce evil. {GC 485.3}

Great Controversy a book written by the SDAs prophet Ellen White. Ellen is SDAs "pen of inspiration".

• Informative
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lazarus Short on Seventh-Day Adventists:

I was SDA for a few years, but I became aware of a few problems. One was EGW's plagiarism. The SDA church is officially annihilationist, but I noted in EGW's writings at least one reference to people going to Hell. That can happen when you crib from multiple sources. Would a true prophet borrow like that? Maybe not. I also concluded that the SDA practice borders on salvation by works. The last straw was the publication of the Clear Word Bible. I quit them, and have become non-denominational.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't Matt Slick say anyone short of a Calvinist is basically a pagan?
No thats not his position and in fact created a forum called arminianism & calvinism which is for discussion among brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟160,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lazarus Short on Seventh-Day Adventists:

I was SDA for a few years, but I became aware of a few problems. One was EGW's plagiarism. The SDA church is officially annihilationist, but I noted in EGW's writings at least one reference to people going to Hell.
I was under the impression the position of Seventh Day Adventists was that the sinful go to hell, suffer for a time period based on the severity of their sins, and then are annihilated? That would appear to integrate both ideas.

Granted, I heard that from a former SDA briefly talking about the subject, so I don't know accurate it necessarily was.

Upvote 0