• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Matt Gaetz

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Nihilist Virus, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Nihilist Virus

Nihilist Virus Infectious idea

+1,212
    Atheist
    Private
    Did he do it?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+8,225
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    And the 2021 award for pithy OP without links goes to.........

3. Nihilist Virus

Nihilist Virus Infectious idea

+1,212
    Atheist
    Private
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+3,062
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    He's claiming that it's an investigation into attempted extortion against him, but supposedly his timeline of events don't match up with what the Times reported. Though it makes the stories of him planning an early retirement make more sense.

On the other hand, the whole thing with his son Nestor is really strange and raises red flags for me, at least on the surface.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • List
  5. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+9,987
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  6. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+1,734
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    I'm just surprised it's, allegedly ,with a girl.

And I don't get the timeline either. The guy was supposedly extorting him for $25 million to make the case go away. Which means the case was already ongoing and not just something made up on the spot to take heat off the extortionist. So even if the extortion part is 100% true, it still means Gaetz has been under investigation by the FBI for some time. I would not be surprised if the FBI was tricking him into thinking he was cooperating with an extortion attempt to get him to incriminate himself.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!

+4,158
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    He's certainly acting guilty - almost cartoonishly so.

8. MMXX

MMXX Jesus Loves You

+963
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Maybe

9. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+12,003
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Too soon to say. I really have no idea but I have been reading about it for a few days. Details are sparse still.

10. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+20,089
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. essentialsaltes

+20,089
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  12. essentialsaltes

+20,089
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    The investigation into Gaetz’s alleged relationship with the 17-year-old grew from a federal case against a different Florida Republican: Joel Greenberg, a former Seminole County tax collector who was charged last summer with sex trafficking of a child and a medley of other offenses.

According to an indictment in the case, Greenberg abused his access to a statewide database, using it to look up the personal information of people with whom he was in “sugar daddy” relationships, including the minor, and to help produce fake identification documents to “facilitate his efforts to engage in commercial sex acts.”

• List
  13. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+18,358
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
  14. essentialsaltes

+20,089
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Obviously, Florida has a reputation as a place for retirement. So the first implication is that sexy is pushing the older end of the age spectrum. But the second implication is the kind of subtle cue that people who shoot up pizza parlors could never pick up on.

15. mala

mala fluffy lion

+2,169
    Muslim
    Single
    What makes it really ironic is this.

Matt Gaetz - Wikipedia
    he seems like the type of person who was never told no as a kid by his parents. well you raise a sack of crud you end up with an older sack of crud. but i mean really what do we expect from them. trump boasted about walking into teenage girls changing rooms to sneak a peak in his beauty pageants.

16. VirOptimus

VirOptimus A nihilist who cares.

+3,871
    Atheist
    Married
    Hes done.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. essentialsaltes

+20,089
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Judge Roy Moore/Matt Gaetz '24!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  18. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+18,358
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Ted "I Am the Legal Guardian of My Underaged Wife" Nugent could play all of their campaign rallies.

19. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,325
    Anglican
    Married
    That's a very mature approach to the matter. Much better than those who, upon hearing the first mention of the accusations, immediately "knew" all about his childhood, private thoughts, whether he is guilty of anything or not, etc.

20. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,325
    Anglican
    Married
    Ah yes. I'd forgotten the job they did on Roy Moore, but did remember it used on Herman Cain, Judge Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas, and others.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List