Danyc

Nov 2, 2007
✟9,970.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk

"I need to know if she thinks dinosaurs were here 4000 years ago... because she's going to have the nuclear codes" :D

As much as it would not surprise me, Palin does not believe that dinosaurs were her 4000 years ago; the quotes known to be by her were written by a blogger, who admitted on video that he had fabricated them.

Upvote 0

birdan

Jan 20, 2006
✟15,831.00
Faith
Seeker
As much as it would not surprise me, Palin does not believe that dinosaurs were her 4000 years ago; the quotes known to be by her were written by a blogger, who admitted on video that he had fabricated them.

Did she actually say she doesn't believe that? I haven't heard a direct answer to that question either way from her.

What I do know is that she favors teaching creationism as an alternative to evolution, and she spent over 30 years as a Pentecostal, so it wouldn't surprise me that she was a young earth creationist.

Upvote 0

Danyc

Nov 2, 2007
✟9,970.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Did she actually say she doesn't believe that? I haven't heard a direct answer to that question either way from her.

What I do know is that she favors teaching creationism as an alternative to evolution, and she spent over 30 years as a Pentecostal, so it wouldn't surprise me that she was a young earth creationist.

Perhaps; if she agrees dinosaurs ever existed at all then I suppose she does believe that.

She hasn't said she doesn't believe that; I should have said that she has not said such a thing.

In this case, the insulting quote-creating might have been accurate.

Upvote 0

Selmak

Held in trust
Aug 8, 2008
✟102,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure I'm getting the if-then relationship here.

If she is a creationist, then she will launch nukes?

How does that follow?

I adhere to Theistic Evolution, but I don't particularly think Creationists are hell-bent on world destruction. From what I understand they believe that's in God's hands, not theirs. And I doubt they are any more eager to see their children die than the rest of us.

Upvote 0

NailsII

Life-long student of biological science
Jul 25, 2007
UK
✟9,647.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure I'm getting the if-then relationship here.

If she is a creationist, then she will launch nukes?

How does that follow?
The basic premise is that if she is gullible enough to fall for literal creation, what else is she capable of believing without evidence?

What if she has a 'divine vision' to invade a nuclear-capable country?

This spreads into global warming as well - those who seriously believe in god's will being the dominant force in our lives have little fear of armageddon, or hastening it.

This may seem irrational, as an atheist would say if you feared a non-theist in the whitehouse for fear he would ban religion altogether or has no moral values.

Upvote 0

Selmak

Held in trust
Aug 8, 2008
✟102,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The basic premise is that if she is gullible enough to fall for literal creation, what else is she capable of believing without evidence?

What if she has a 'divine vision' to invade a nuclear-capable country?

This spreads into global warming as well - those who seriously believe in god's will being the dominant force in our lives have little fear of armageddon, or hastening it.

This may seem irrational, as an atheist would say if you feared a non-theist in the whitehouse for fear he would ban religion altogether or has no moral values.

I didn't know she was subject to divine revelations. That she is profoundly mentally ill has apparently escaped the notice of the media.

As for having faith in something, doesn't the majority of humanity? Are you saying only atheists are qualified to lead nations because everyone else believes scientifically unproven things you consider weird?

What about adherents of one faith or another having the right to vote? Should that be revoked too?

Upvote 0

NailsII

Life-long student of biological science
Jul 25, 2007
UK
✟9,647.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't know she was subject to divine revelations. That she is profoundly mentally ill has apparently escaped the notice of the media.
Note I used the phrase "what if".
Personally I found it quite disturbing to find that GW Bush talked with god about invading Iraq and prayed with Tony Blair - but it is possible that it is of coure perfectly natural and I should have nothing to worry about.
As for having faith in something, doesn't the majority of humanity? Are you saying only atheists are qualified to lead nations because everyone else believes scientifically unproven things you consider weird?
Faith has nothing to do with a persons ability to lead, but it can influence how people make informed decisions.
She may well be the best person for the job and be very successful, only time will tell.

What about adherents of one faith or another having the right to vote? Should that be revoked too?
Maybe ;)

Edit - Note how Mitt Romney was forced out of the candidate selection so easily because of his religious beliefs. Many Americans just don't trust a Mormon, and for mainly that reason he never stood a chance.
In my eyes, his religious beliefs make no more sense than Palins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
In the interests of fairness, I should point out that some of that interview was edited out (obviously, to fit it to the tv schedule), and the bits that were edited out make her seem marginally more moderate on Russia. Not by much though, and unedited she still can't answer a direct question or is any more knowledgeable.

Upvote 0