Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I had a dream last night that I was at some kind of church retreat, or maybe it was just outside somewhere. On my left side was a busy avenue, and on my right was like a large outside area next to a church or something. I was with Matt Damon (the actor) who was helping our church group to act, direct and develop a dramatic presentation of some kind. It may have involved the presentation of a homosexual point of view, but that element was only a small part and it didn't bother me much. It would have normally bothered me but the fact that this was Matt Damon made me overlook it.

I lady I know from another church who is involved in her singles ministry leadership sort of oversaw this project (which was for several churches). She didn't like the way the project was going and she was trying to get rid of Matt Damon. She used some small "crime" he had committed during production against him. The equivalent of stepping one inch over a boundary line, nothing at all. But she used that offense to try and get him off of the project. I was pleading with her, telling her, "But this is Matt Damon. Who cares about anything else? It's a great opportunity."

Reactions: thunderbyrd

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like a picture of deception and compromise going on in the church and how Christians are overlooking it because it is a famous person involved - idol worship, basically, that is putting man above God. The woman seems to have her head on straight and is confronting sin but is criticized for her stand against sin. It sounds just like the condition of the church today - it has gone down the toilet with the world and has become like the world instead of being a light to the world. Very sad indeed!!

Reactions: thunderbyrd
Upvote 0

thunderbyrd

Dec 26, 2005
Frankfort, ky
Visit site
✟1,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like a picture of deception and compromise going on in the church and how Christians are overlooking it because it is a famous person involved - idol worship, basically, that is putting man above God. The woman seems to have her head on straight and is confronting sin but is criticized for her stand against sin. It sounds just like the condition of the church today - it has gone down the toilet with the world and has become like the world instead of being a light to the world. Very sad indeed!!
i totally agree

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being nitpicky only with him. She would have overlooked others doing the same violation.

I don't believe you stated this when you first posted the dream. Was that in the dream or is that your assumption following the dream? (the part I bolded above)

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry. I should have made that more clear originally. During the dream it seemed like she was looking for anything she could use against him.

radhead,

You still did not say this was actually in the dream:

She would have overlooked others doing the same violation.

To me, this is significant which is why I wondered if that was clear in the dream or if that was what you assumed was the case after you woke from the dream. Going after a particular person for something he/she did wrong is one thing but singling that person out over others and setting a standard for one person that she would not apply to others is an entirely different matter and would change the meaning of the dream significantly, so that is why I wondered if what I quoted above from your next to last post was indeed part of the dream or an assumption you made from the content of the dream.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, because of the fact that I didn't see her judging anyone else in the dream, I don't honestly know how she would have treated others. But it seemed like she was treating him more harshly due to the fact that he was an outsider.

Maybe it was because people idolized him and they followed his example. God judges teachers and religious leaders more harshly because of their realm of influence.

Upvote 0