Matt 24:6 "...but not as yet the END" End of what?

What is the "End" mentioned in the verses of OP

• Future end of the world

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Our death

• I don't know right now

• Other

• Total voters

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
All 3 verses of these verses of the 70AD Olivet Discourse shows "but not yet the end". End of what?

Matthew 24:6
“Yet ye shall be being about to be hearing battles and tidings of battles, be seeing! be not be being troubled<2360>, for is binding to becoming,
but not as yet the End<5056>
Mark 13:7
“Yet whenever ye should be hearing battles and tidings of battles, be seeing! be not be being troubled for is binding to be becoming,
but not as yet the End<5056>
Luke 21:9
“Yet whenever ye should be hearing battles and tumults<181>, no may be being frightened<4422>, for is binding these to be becoming,
but not immediately the End<5056>
===============

Timeline of the 1st century Jewish Wars/Battles in Israel including Judea/Jerusalem 70AD

Visual Timeline of the Roman-Jewish War ARTchive @ PreteristArchive.com, The Internet's Only Balanced Look at Preterist Eschatology and Preterism

CHRONOLOGY IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING THE WAR

Stage 1: Murder of James the Just, "Opposition High Priest" ; Irrevocable Split: 62
Stage 2: General Revolt in Jerusalem ; Zealot Occupation of Masada: August-September 66
Stage 3: The Campaign of Cestius Gallus and the Defeat of the Twelfth Legion: October-November 66
Stage 4: End of Collaborative Government, Priesthood ; General Flight: November 66 - March 67
Part 6: Vespasian Subdues Northern and Western Palestine: December 66 - December 68
Part 7: Three-way Power Struggle within Jerusalem After Roman Retreat: January 68 - May 70
Part 8: Romans Breach City Walls and Leave Jerusalem Desolate: May 10 - September 10, 70
============================

The greek word used in those verses. there are many different forms of this primary root word used in the NT:

5056. from a primary tello
(to set out for a definite point or goal); properly, the point aimed at as a limit, i.e. (by implication) the conclusion of an act or state (termination (literally, figuratively or indefinitely), result (immediate, ultimate or prophetic), purpose); specially, an impost or levy (as paid):--+ continual, custom, end(-ing), finally, uttermost. Compare 5411.

G5056 τέλος (telos) occurs 42 times in 41 verses

Some verses from the NT:

Mat 10:22
“And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.
Mar 13:13
“And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

1Th 2:16
forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they may be saved, so as always to fill up the measure of their sins; but wrath has come upon them into an end.

1Co 15:24
Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.

1Pe 4:7
But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.

1Pe 4:17
For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God;
and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
======================
#5056 used in just 4 verses of Revelation:

Rev 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,”[fn] says the Lord,[fn] “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Rev 2:26
“And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—
Rev 21:6
And He said to me, “It is done![fn] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
Rev 22:13
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”[fn]
===============================
TO BE CONTINUED........................