• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Matt 24:6 "...but not as yet the END" End of what?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by LittleLambofJesus, Aug 22, 2019.

1. The end of the 1st century OC Jewish Temple Age 70AD

100.0%
  2. Future end of the world

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Our death

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know right now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,107
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    All 3 verses of these verses of the 70AD Olivet Discourse shows "but not yet the end". End of what?

Matthew 24:6
    “Yet ye shall be being about to be hearing battles and tidings of battles, be seeing! be not be being troubled<2360>, for is binding to becoming,
    but not as yet the End<5056>
    Mark 13:7
    “Yet whenever ye should be hearing battles and tidings of battles, be seeing! be not be being troubled for is binding to be becoming,
    but not as yet the End<5056>
    Luke 21:9
    “Yet whenever ye should be hearing battles and tumults<181>, no may be being frightened<4422>, for is binding these to be becoming,
    but not immediately the End<5056>
    ===============

Timeline of the 1st century Jewish Wars/Battles in Israel including Judea/Jerusalem 70AD

Visual Timeline of the Roman-Jewish War ARTchive @ PreteristArchive.com, The Internet's Only Balanced Look at Preterist Eschatology and Preterism

CHRONOLOGY IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING THE WAR

Stage 1: Murder of James the Just, "Opposition High Priest" ; Irrevocable Split: 62
    Stage 2: General Revolt in Jerusalem ; Zealot Occupation of Masada: August-September 66
    Stage 3: The Campaign of Cestius Gallus and the Defeat of the Twelfth Legion: October-November 66
    Stage 4: End of Collaborative Government, Priesthood ; General Flight: November 66 - March 67
    Part 6: Vespasian Subdues Northern and Western Palestine: December 66 - December 68
    Part 7: Three-way Power Struggle within Jerusalem After Roman Retreat: January 68 - May 70
    Part 8: Romans Breach City Walls and Leave Jerusalem Desolate: May 10 - September 10, 70
    ============================

The greek word used in those verses. there are many different forms of this primary root word used in the NT:

5056. from a primary tello
    (to set out for a definite point or goal); properly, the point aimed at as a limit, i.e. (by implication) the conclusion of an act or state (termination (literally, figuratively or indefinitely), result (immediate, ultimate or prophetic), purpose); specially, an impost or levy (as paid):--+ continual, custom, end(-ing), finally, uttermost. Compare 5411.

G5056 τέλος (telos) occurs 42 times in 41 verses

Some verses from the NT:

Mat 10:22
    “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.
    Mar 13:13
    “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

1Th 2:16
    forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they may be saved, so as always to fill up the measure of their sins; but wrath has come upon them into an end.

1Co 15:24
    Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.

1Pe 4:7
    But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.

1Pe 4:17
    For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God;
    and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
    ======================
    #5056 used in just 4 verses of Revelation:

Rev 1:8
    “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,”[fn] says the Lord,[fn] “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
    Rev 2:26
    “And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—
    Rev 21:6
    And He said to me, “It is done![fn] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
    Rev 22:13
    “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”[fn]
    ===============================
    TO BE CONTINUED........................

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?