Matt 24:14, Luke 21:26 same event as Reve 3:10?

Is Matt 21:24 the same event as Luke 21:26 and Revelation 3:10?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• I am not sure but am willing to learn

• Other [please explain]

• Total voters

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was looking at this greek word earlier today and found this interesting. Some have viewed Luke being the 70 ad DoJ, while the other 2 are still future. So that has me confused.
Let's look at this greek word. Discuss.
Discuss..........

#G3625

3625. oikoumene oy-kou-men'-ay feminine participle present passive of 3611 (as noun, by implication, of 1093); land, i.e. the (terrene part of the) globe; specially, the Roman empire:--earth, world.
Strong's Number G3625 matches the Greek οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē), which occurs 15 times in 15 verses

It is used in 2 verses of the Olivet Discourse: Matthew 24 and Luke 21 thus tying in Matt and Luke to Revelation:

Matthew 24:14
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625> as a witness to all the nations,
and then the end will come.

Luke 21:26 [Revelation 3:10]
“men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming upon the earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625>,
for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

3 times in Revelation:

Revelation 3:10 [Luke 21:26]
‘Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you out of the hour of that trial which is about to be coming upon the whole earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625>,
to try those who dwell on the land.

Revelation 12:9
So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625>; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 16:14
For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and[fn] of the whole earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625>, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Last edited:
Reactions: LLoJ

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#G3625

3625. oikoumene oy-kou-men'-ay feminine participle present passive of 3611 (as noun, by implication, of 1093); land, i.e. the (terrene part of the) globe; specially, the Roman empire:--earth, world.
Strong's Number G3625 matches the Greek οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē), which occurs 15 times in 15 verses.

Next verse is Luke 2:1 concerning the decree of Caesar Augustus and the registration of tax rolls........

Luke 2:1
And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus
that all the world/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625> should be registered/ἀπογράφω (apographō)<583>.

#583 is used in only 4 verses, Luke 2:1,2,3 and Hebrews 2:23. Interesting.

583. apographo ap-og-raf'-o from 575 and 1125; to write off (a copy or list), i.e. enrol:--tax, write. \
Strong's Number G583 matches the Greek ἀπογράφω (apographō),which occurs 4 times in 4 verses

Hebrews 12:23
to the company and assembly of the first-born in heaven enrolled/ἀπογράφω (apographō)<583,
and to God the judge of all, and to spirits of righteous men made perfect,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You have managed to post a lot of verses, and definitions, without one iota of explanation as to what you were initially confused about or as to what you have found in your studies.

I understand your pointing at the word (World) and I can draw all kinds of conclusions, and scenarios as to what it is your attempting to say, but I would like to hear it from you, what you are talking about, connect the dots please, and the a discussion can be held, but as it stands, it's nothing more than a word study without any reason.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You have managed to post a lot of verses, and definitions, without one iota of explanation as to what you were initially confused about or as to what you have found in your studies.

I understand your pointing at the word (World) but I would like to hear it from you what you are talking about, connect the dots please, and the a discussion can be held, but as it stands, it's nothing more than a word study without any reason.
Looking at that word, Revelation doesn't appear to be about wrath coming upon the whole global world, but just a portion of it. My view it is a Great City in the land of Judea.
What do others think?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Looking at that word, Revelation doesn't appear to be about wrath coming upon the whole global world, but just a portion of it. My view it is a Great City in the land of Judea.
What do others think?

That is what I though you were point at, yes I would have to agree at this point.

I have believed for years, that when Jesus said.

Mat. 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mar. 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

That he was speaking about the known world of that time and not the entire Globe we today call the world.
Which would mean the Gospel had been Preacher by Paul to the World.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is what I though you were point at, yes I would have to agree at this point.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

That he was speaking about the known world of that time and not the entire Globe we today call the world.
Great post. That is my understanding and you said it better than I could.

God had Paul and his followers established Christian churches in key cities all over, perhaps the ones God led him too, and I think once those were firmly established, it was time to sweep away the old order of things, OC Judaism with it's Temple worship.

Act 11:2
And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,

Phil 3:2 [Psalms 22:1]
Beware of the Dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of-the circumcision!
3 For we-are the circumcision, ones to Spirit of God worship, boasting in Christ Jesus, and not in flesh having confidence.

I believe the corrupt circumcision group is what Paul was referring to here. The synagoge of SATAN:

2 Corin 6:17
wherefore come-forth! out of midst of them! and be being separated! is saying Lord

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

God had Paul and his followers established Christian churches in key cities all over, perhaps the ones God led him too, and I think once those were firmly established, it was time to sweep away the old order of things, OC Judaism with it's Temple worship.

And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,

3 For we-are the circumcision, ones to Spirit of God worship, boasting in Christ Jesus, and not in flesh having confidence.

I believe the corrupt circumcision group is what Paul was referring to here. The synagoge of SATAN:

wherefore come-forth! out of midst of them! and be being separated! is saying Lord

1Cor. 10:11
Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Paul surly was not speaking to us.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1Cor. 10:11
Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
Paul surly was not speaking to us.
Agree.
Neither was Jesus in the Olivet Discourse.........

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What was anybody KEPT FROM?

Christians fled to Pella like about 66 AD (they had been warned to split when they saw abomination of desolation) -- was this the time, times and half a time that the woman was protected and the earth swallowed the flood the dragon split out? I don't know, but the middle of Revelation is full of TIME REFERENCES like 42 months, a number of days equalling 3 1/2 years, time, times & 1/2 a time...

It just strikes me that the Jewish war was this 3 1/2 year trib time til 70 AD when Temple was destroyed. I see all these time references and NEVER any insinuation that you "combine them" into a "seven year trib" -- 70 weeks of Daniel were concluded long ago. We just have this 42 month period, and it roughly matches Jewish-Roman War 66-70 AD

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Here is what the Holy Spirit showed me 1 yr. ago in May.

The Mystery of the Gospel Revealed
Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
Eph 3:13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What was anybody KEPT FROM?

Christians fled to Pella like about 66 AD (they had been warned to split when they saw abomination of desolation) -- was this the time, times and half a time that the woman was protected and the earth swallowed the flood the dragon split out? I don't know, but the middle of Revelation is full of TIME REFERENCES like 42 months, a number of days equalling 3 1/2 years, time, times & 1/2 a time...

It just strikes me that the Jewish war was this 3 1/2 year trib time til 70 AD when Temple was destroyed. I see all these time references and NEVER any insinuation that you "combine them" into a "seven year trib" -- 70 weeks of Daniel were concluded long ago. We have this 42 month period, and it roughly matches Jewish-Roman War 66-70 AD
Great info.
I am in the process of re-reading Josephus and try to harmonize it to Revelation and the Olivet Discourse, which I have done a little of here and there. Fascinating history of what was going on before Titus arrived at Jerusalem.

The exact form of the word #2240 occurs in 6 verses.
1 in Matt 8:11, 2 in Luke and 3 times in Revelation.....

Luke 19:43
That shall be arriving/hxousin <2240> (5692) days upon Thee and the enemies of Thee shall be casting a siege-work to Thee and shall be encompassing Thee and together-pressing/sunexousin <4912> (5692) Thee every which place.

Revelation 18:8

because of this, in one day shall be arriving/hxousin <2240> (5692) the blows of Her, death and mourning and famine,
and in fire She shall be being burned-down
that strong Lord the God, the One-judging Her.

http://www.bible.ca/pre-destruction70AD-george-holford-1805AD.htm

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover; and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah ! At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was looking at this greek word earlier today and found this interesting. Some have viewed Luke being the 70 ad DoJ, while the other 2 are still future. So that has me confused.
Let's look at this greek word. Discuss.
Discuss..........

#G3625

Strong's Number G3625 matches the Greek οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē), which occurs 15 times in 15 verses

It is used in 2 verses of the Olivet Discourse: Matthew 24 and Luke 21 thus tying in Matt and Luke to Revelation:

Matthew 24:14
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625> as a witness to all the nations,
and then the end will come.

Luke 21:26 [Revelation 3:10]
“men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming upon the earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625>,
for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

3 times in Revelation:

Revelation 3:10 [Luke 21:26]
‘Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you out of the hour of that trial which is about to be coming upon the whole earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625>,
to try those who dwell on the land.

Revelation 12:9
So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625>; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 16:14
For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and[fn] of the whole earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625>, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
#G3625

Strong's Number G3625 matches the Greek οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē), which occurs 15 times in 15 verses.

Next verse is Luke 2:1 concerning the decree of Caesar Augustus and the registration of tax rolls........

Luke 2:1
And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus
that all the world/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625> should be registered/ἀπογράφω (apographō)<583>.

#583 is used in only 4 verses, Luke 2:1,2,3 and Hebrews 2:23. Interesting.

583. apographo ap-og-raf'-o from 575 and 1125; to write off (a copy or list), i.e. enrol:--tax, write. \
Strong's Number G583 matches the Greek ἀπογράφω (apographō),which occurs 4 times in 4 verses

Hebrews 12:23
to the company and assembly of the first-born in heaven enrolled/ἀπογράφω (apographō)<583,
and to God the judge of all, and to spirits of righteous men made perfect,/quote]

So why has it been interpreted as the "whole worldwide globe" for centuries instead of just being Israel/Judea/Jerusalem? Thanks

Upvote 0