(Mat 7:20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbenitez

May 15, 2009
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
<H2 style="MARGIN: auto 0in"><H2 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">(Mat 7:20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

I know that this is probably a bad question but I am confused. Does this passage mean that we cannot be children of God unless we are successful at sharing God's word? I know that God is the one who calls people to Himself but are we judged by how many people we share the Word with? For example is a pastor who shares the Word with millions of people more likely to be saved than one who goes through his entire life and only shares the Word with a handful of people?

</H2></H2>

Nazaroo

Joseph is still alive! (Gen 45.26)
Dec 5, 2005
clinging to Jesus sandalstrap
✟10,730.00
Faith
Christian
(Mat 7:20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

I know that this is probably a bad question but I am confused. Does this passage mean that we cannot be children of God unless we are successful at sharing God's word? I know that God is the one who calls people to Himself but are we judged by how many people we share the Word with? For example is a pastor who shares the Word with millions of people more likely to be saved than one who goes through his entire life and only shares the Word with a handful of people?

(in future you should check to remove html codes when cutting and pasting. You can still edit your message.)

Generally, our faith (faithfulness) should be active, so that every Christian should be doing something helpful in some way toward making the world a better place and bringing honour to the reputation of God, Jesus, and Christianity.

This usually means being of good and responsible Christian behaviour in your community, volunteering and contributing to help others, and of course spreading the word by admitting your faith and status as a Christian to others.

Doing good to others and identifying yourself as a Christian is itself a form of 'evangelizing' or doing your part to interest and convert others.

Its not a numbers game however. Some are given more opportunities and skills than others. Some have more experience and wisdom than others. If you lack anything, you can ask God through Jesus' name and God the Father will give it to you.

Remember that the widow's 2 pennies were worth more than the large donations of the wealthy.

"But what are two pennies?" asked Peter.

"They were all she had to give." said Jesus.

peace
Nazaroo

Upvote 0

peace4ever

Apr 14, 2006
✟15,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
<H2 style="MARGIN: auto 0in"><H2 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">(Mat 7:20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

</H2></H2>

No. Each person is given a different gift; some the gift of service, others the gift of administration, others are evangelists, etc. Wolves in sheep's clothing can be recognized by their contradictions. Someone with the heart of a wolf and the mask of a sheep will contradict himself because the inside of the cup is the opposite of the outside. :wave:

Upvote 0
F

freeport

</H2></H2>

Of course not.

Those born of the Spirit naturally pour forth deeds of the Spirit by the grace given to them by God: those given more talents, more fruit of the Spirit; those given less talents, less fruit of the Spirit.

What is speaking to millions? Look at Noah or Abraham or Lot and so on: did they speak to millions? Yet they have since Moses recorded their lives for millions to take inspiration from.

They believed and saw this through the Father showing them in their hearts.

But, at the time they lived relatively solitary lives. God later showed Moses all of these things, in the tent.

And look at Jesus, foremost. Did Jesus strive to speak to millions? Jesus spoke, and told the truth. All fell away eventually but the twelve and one of them was the traitor, Judas. And even the eleven were scattered (though only Peter of the eleven denied Jesus).

Jesus had no doubt that the message would change the world. It did. Yet, this was not at all obvious to the apostles at the time. Remember how the storm threatened to topple the boat while Jesus was napping? They woke Jesus in horror, and he rebuked the storm, then scolded them for having little faith.

What does that say? They had no idea of the magnitude of what was going on yet.

Even John the Baptist had to send someone when he was in prison to ask Jesus again if 'he is the one'.

So, no, do not worry about some such nonsense as "speaking to millions".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.