• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Masturbation Problem

ChristianMan02

Oct 2, 2018
Sydney
✟8,128.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just cut right to the point...
I am a 16 year old single male and have had a serious problem with masturbation in the past but for the last 1 and a half months I've been on a journey to stop masturbating for good! I will say I am starting to get extreme urges to touch but I don't instead I go and watch inappropriate content... its driving me insane. I was wondering if anyone else has been in my shoes and what did you do to cope with the urges and quit for good. Thank you

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Your young and what you are experiencing is normal friend, You need to refrain from inappropriate content at all cost. Place a blocker on your computer because inappropriate content opens doorways to demonic activity.
When your urges take over, Recite bible scripture and memorization.
I applaud you for your honesty and the action that you are taking against this.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ChristianMan02

Oct 2, 2018
Sydney
✟8,128.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your young and what you are experiencing is normal friend, You need to refrain from inappropriate content at all cost. Place a blocker on your computer because inappropriate content opens doorways to demonic activity.
When your urges take over, Recite bible scripture and memorization.
I applaud you for your honesty and the action that you are taking against this.
I'm going to install a blocker on my phone because thats the device I use the most, thank you for the idea.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm going to install a blocker on my phone because thats the device I use the most, thank you for the idea.
Amen Little Brother and prayer is sent up for you :]

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed. do it NOW.
geez I never knew watching inappropriate content was worse than M, makes me want to stop even more.
While you cannot find a specific biblical command against "M," there are lots of scriptures against lusting after someone; and that is what inappropriate content is all about. Matt 5 equates it with committing adultery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
geez I never knew watching inappropriate content was worse than M, makes me want to stop even more.
Learn how to practice custody of the eyes. And custody of the mind behind the eyes. You will need to train yourself and it may be a bit uphill because of your past experience. But God wants you to win this one and will help at every turn if you are willing to be helped. If you fail, get up again, and again, and again.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is first a lust of the eyes thing. It is of the world and not of God.
Bring into captivity every thought.
Captivity means trap and imprison. Dig a hole, throw it in, and cover it over with the cross.
Crucify the flesh. That is not pleasant.
This is a warfare. Understand you may lose some battles and win some. But you do win. Fight on!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a 16 year old single male and have had a serious problem with masturbation in the past but for the last 1 and a half months I've been on a journey to stop masturbating for good! I will say I am starting to get extreme urges to touch but I don't instead I go and watch inappropriate content... its driving me insane. I was wondering if anyone else has been in my shoes and what did you do to cope with the urges and quit for good. Thank you
inappropriate content, lust, fornication, s xual fantasies and masturbation are wrong. If you do not quit it might lead to something worse. Trust God masturbation is wrong.
Jesus taught against adultery and lust in his "Sermon on the Mount." Masturbation, inappropriate content and sexual fantasies are forms of lust. It is best to quit masturbation as young as possible to prevent worse damage. Masturbation led some to fornication, producing bastard children, prostitution, sexual assault charges, paternity suits, homosexuality and sexually transmitted diseases. Better stop masturbation today in order to find the narrow way that leads to life.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Masturbation is self-abuse ... inappropriate content is throwing fuel on that fire ... so to speak.

Garbage in .... garbage out.

Stop watching the inappropriate content.

Focus on the Lord.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Ask God to free you from bondage to inappropriate content and fantasy and perving and from subsequent masturbation. God can set you free from sin, perving, but not from a sex drive and the answer to loneliness is a wife and or strength. As you wait for a wife you need prepare for her. Aiming at clean thinking, respect and love of women. Not two timing. Not fantasizing about her, or her rivals. If you want to stay single it is as if you are preparing to marry, like priests. Confess your sins to God each day, and "do not store up provisions for sin." Throw away magazines daily, and delete any links to inappropriate content on your computer. If need be, you may have to get rid of your computer and only use the library computers. Consider partiality to the wicked as sin.

If you touch, pray immediately after for repentance and that consolidated by grace, so you rise. And ask for freedom from the bondage to such thoughts. In private spend time talking to God about the origin of the thoughts and what they do to your overall progression. Forward of backward in Christ. What is happening in your will and character change? What are you agreeing with?

inappropriate content is a suggestion you are considering or agreeing with if you watch... Behind fornication is Satan, and you can be agreeing with Satan. You can realign with the Holy Spirit and Christ in prayer.

The anointing breaks the yoke of bondage. Jesus' sacred blood can make your heart clean and justify you. The fire of God can refine you. The word and Spirit teach you. Who the Son sets free is free indeed. Holy Laughter can give you strength. In the fruit of the Spirit is self control. Faith and patience are ideal for getting answers to prayer. Kindness instead of cruelty, affairs are cruel. Love instead of lust. Change your will.

Pray for mercy on yourself and your seed. Pray for repentance and freedom, graces, and forgive yourself. Permanent changes. Because Christ died for you, because of the holy angels, Christ advocations for you as you sin and because God loves you.

Ask for change, inner transformation. Get prayer and the laying on of hands in due time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm so glad that you have posted and reached out. You are getting a lot of good feedback here. I want to encourage you that you are indeed able to work on these things and come closer into the presence of Christ. You have been given some practical advice such as the blocker for your phone. You may also want to check out Focus on the Family website to look at some of the materials that you can find on inappropriate content and masturbation and stopping. Here's a great write up that I hope will help you some.

Upvote 0

Benama

Oct 13, 2018
rizal
✟8,939.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have advice for anyone struggling with this. Based on my experience, I used to watch inappropriate content and touch regularly, but once the Holy Spirit entered me, I started feeling guilty about it. I knew I had to stop. So I :
- started masturbating WITHOUT inappropriate content
- stopped listening to immoral songs
- stopped watching sexual movies
I eventually STOPPED masturbating all together. I still lust here and there, but it's way more controllable than before. Remember that whatever you FEED yourself is what you will become. If youre watching inappropriate content, you're not gonna be able to free from lust and masturbation.

Thanks for the question man.

Upvote 0