✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
As long as it doesn't harm anyone, go for it. God created
sexual urges, thoughts and desires through puberty, which happens about 12. There is no way to ignore these desires, nor beat them. Sexual thoughts will be a part of the process, that is not lust, nor fornication, it is a natural instinct given through puberty. To say that these acts are sinful, is calling God sinful, because he created puberty.

God created the normal maturation process, but His children, raised by people of God are to be trained to control their sexual urges, and behave in productive ways, being busy for Him.

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop" is an apt adage. Godly teenagers and adults should not be indulgent in masturbation.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Floatingaxe said:
Godly teenagers and adults should not be indulgent in masturbation.

Yet, you don't have ONE Scripture reference that directly says that masturbation in sinful or suggests what you are advising.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think Godly mature Christians should touch. Its time we grow up and not be guilty about things that are not sinful. But the strong Christains will be persecuted by those that make up laws and thereby make up sins just like Jesus was when He healed on the Sabbath because the Jewish leaders made up all kinds of rules.

Eph.2:15 Jesus nullified in his flesh the law of commandments in decrees. Bible.org

dayhiker

Upvote 0

LuciusJulius

Jan 9, 2008
Smudan, Southern Caledonia
Visit site
✟7,833.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As I'm a Christian who is Spirit filled (having accepted the Holy Spirit in my life), I'll say that masturbation itself is not immoral, but the thoughts of lust that come with it...yes. But here's a point, it's very difficult to touch without thinking of lusty thoughts, you'd be better off not trying to do it in the first place, there really is no sensible reason to. About a year ago, I became addicted to it, but a few weeks ago (three I think) I've stopped, and I'll see how long I'll go from here.

But I have a question, is mutual masturbation (with a wife) sin? How about lusting for your own wife? I don't think that is a sin at all, but I'm curious of what others think.

I've not found anywhere that God says its a sin to touch. So I've enjoyed it for years. I thank God for his creating sex. One of the greatest things God has done for us.

As for the lust thing, I in my reading I noticed that they Greek word Jesus uses can be translated covet. That clearified things for me. I don't covet anyones property or wife. So that's not an issue for me either.

I've just finished reading church history thru for 4th time. Different authors. It seems to me that the test for purity in the earily church was if one worshiped idols or not. Well, the world was so ready to dump the idol worship that in 250 years much of the Roman world has accepted Christ. People weren't worshiping idols any more. So the church not having anything to really preach against made sex the test for purity.

dayhiker

Quite an interesting viewpoint on the matter, but are you sure lust isn't just restricted to coveting, or lusting for those who are already married?

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
This topic is 3 years old fer goodness sakes

Yet, you don't have ONE Scripture reference that directly says that masturbation in sinful or suggests what you are advising.
1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Ive found when ive spent alot of time abiding in Gods presence n tongues, my libido dies.

Infact it was one of the first proofs to me that my tongues were genuine, before tongues i would rarely go 2-3 days without, but after, i didnt touch for months.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Quite an interesting viewpoint on the matter, but are you sure lust isn't just restricted to coveting, or lusting for those who are already married?[/quote

I could expand lusting(coveting) to include a desire for a woman who wanted to stay a virgin. The Bible defines adultery as taking another man's wife. So in a way adultery is stealing.
Now if I knew a woman felt purity was not anying any sexual thoughts and not talking about sex till she was married, then I'd think it was wrong to put her in sexual situations in my mind. That is using her in a way that she doesn't want to be used.
It goes back to wha love is. Love doesn't hurt the other person. If a girl would be hurt knowing that I think about her in a sexual way, then I shouldn't.

But lust isn't a blanket rule in my mind, ie all sexual thoughts are lust and so all sexual thoughts are sinful.

dayhiker

Upvote 0

TheBandRain

Feb 8, 2008
West Virginia
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OKAY

(sorry for being in CAP from now on)

IF MASTURBATION IS WONDERFUL, WHY AM I ADDICTED TO IT AND CANNOT LEAVE IT AND IS DESPERATE?
WHY DO I FEEL SO DARK?
WHY AM I SO EMPTY?
WHY CAN I NOT FEEL IT LIKE A GIFT FROM GOD OR SEE IT AS?

WHY? WHY? WHY?

My struggle.

And I said BIG no to the poll!

God Bless!

Have you every been told that something was bad for you and you feared it your whole life? You never touched it, never ate it. You spent your whole life afraid of it until one day you find out that it's not bad and you touch it, eat it and you see for yourself that it's not bad at all? I think your problem is pshycological more than a conviction from the Holy Ghost.

If you've been told that masturbating is a terrible sin, then when you do it all those teachings come into your head making you feel really guilty. I mean, if masturbating makes you feel so bad then don't do it. If it's YOUR personal conviction or doctrine then go by what you believe, but honestly I don't think that the Holy Spirit is convicting you like you think. I think most of your conviction is doctrine that has made you feel guilty about something. I don't know if any of that made sense. Hope so. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBandRain

Feb 8, 2008
West Virginia
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This topic is 3 years old fer goodness sakes

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Ive found when ive spent alot of time abiding in Gods presence n tongues, my libido dies.

Infact it was one of the first proofs to me that my tongues were genuine, before tongues i would rarely go 2-3 days without, but after, i didnt touch for months.

I know what you mean. When God fills you with the Holy Ghost no other feeling can replace it. But have you considered that because of that fullfilment that God supplied for you, you had no need of physical pleasures?

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
I know what you mean. When God fills you with the Holy Ghost no other feeling can replace it. But have you considered that because of that fullfilment that God supplied for you, you had no need of physical pleasures?
Yes that is exactly true.

Though at that time when i prayed in tongues, the presence of God wasnt nearly as strong as it is when i pray now. I still had to try not to touch, it was just possible whereas before it was impossible.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.