Itani

Jan 17, 2007
South Delta
✟8,048.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm new to this and one of the things I'm struggling with is masturbation. Perhaps it may be the ONLY thing I'm struggling with. I know it is wrong because you cannot do it without lustful thoughts, but once I do it, all those lustful thoughts are gone. All that tension I had built up is gone and I can think with a clear head. I'm able to look at women without lusting for them.

Exactly!
I had those exact thoughts before.
I have recently won the struggle over this sin.

But before I use to struggle with it to the point where God made himself known in my life several times in an attempt to make himself clear to me to not do it.

The first thing you must do is to avoid any sexual thoughts altogether, even of your girl or boyfriend. That makes the job so much easier.
The next thing you must do is not look at people in a sexual way. Avoid looking at anything that could tempt you!
Turn the other cheek if your about to look at something which could give Satan a chance to tempt you!

The next thing you need to do is pray to The Lord at all times to help you resist Satan's temptations.

During times I resist, I have random thoughts that pop up in my head tempting me to do things that have nothing to do with who I am and what I even desire to do.

Ignore anything that contradicts what you think and what you should be thinking. Keep your mind focused on where your heart should be, The Lord.

Always worship The Lord at all times with your heart as it is the greatest commandment:

"You shall worship the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul"

If you feel Satan is trying to toy with you, then pray to God for help and tell Satan to begone and say "Jesus rebukes you Satan"

Even when I have not masterbated for a while, I still have that urge because it is a fleshly desire. At the same time, I have somehow been able to keep a clear mind in the process.

So, it is possible to keep a clear mind and resist all temptations when you haven't masterbated for a long time.

Just set your mind completely on God at all times, don't give Satan even the slightest chance, and if the slight thought of a lust pops up in your head, rebuke that thought right away and ask God for forgiveness that same instant.

Keep your mind focused on one thing, God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you.

Upvote 0

vidgamerjon

Feb 16, 2007
Arkansas
Visit site
✟7,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Even when I have not masterbated for a while, I still have that urge because it is a fleshly desire. At the same time, I have somehow been able to keep a clear mind in the process.

So, it is possible to keep a clear mind and resist all temptations when you haven't masterbated for a long time.

Just set your mind completely on God at all times, don't give Satan even the slightest chance, and if the slight thought of a lust pops up in your head, rebuke that thought right away and ask God for forgiveness that same instant.

Keep your mind focused on one thing, God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you.

So you still do it occasionally? How long have you gone without masturbating?

Upvote 0

Itani

Jan 17, 2007
South Delta
✟8,048.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you still do it occasionally? How long have you gone without masturbating?

I don't touch anymore, but before I was in a struggle to stop myself from doing it.
It hasn't been one month yet, but so far, I can still keep my mind focused.

It isn't easy struggling against materbation, and keeping your mind from lusting.

Upvote 0

SadMachineGo

Apr 6, 2007
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also to help people out, whenever I have the urge to touch, I read up on what hell is like. That gets rid of the urge in record breaking time. Besides, just wait until marriage, then you can have sex all you want. Until then, do something else with your time, because I know the majority of masturbation urges comes from being bored, so get up and do something! Watch a movie, play a game, call up a friend, walk around in circles, anything (except for THAT).

Masturbation is a very physical activity. In your mind you know it's wrong and don't want to do it, so don't. Go outside and tape your hand to a pole if it ever comes to that. Once you stop masturbating your thoughts will follow and soon you can dismiss lustful thoughts because they won't lead to anything. Like I said I'm new to this but I know what's working for me and I want to tell you guys how I'm doing it. My mother once told me "an idle mind is a devil's workshop" and that is the truth! Find some good hobbies you can dedicate yourself to!

Upvote 0

NailsII

Life-long student of biological science
Jul 25, 2007
UK
✟9,647.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't touch anymore, but before I was in a struggle to stop myself from doing it.
It hasn't been one month yet, but so far, I can still keep my mind focused.

It isn't easy struggling against materbation, and keeping your mind from lusting.
After 20 kids I'm suprised that you still want it to work!!!!

Upvote 0

Limeade

Aug 19, 2007
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also to help people out, whenever I have the urge to touch, I read up on what hell is like. That gets rid of the urge in record breaking time. Besides, just wait until marriage, then you can have sex all you want. Until then, do something else with your time, because I know the majority of masturbation urges comes from being bored, so get up and do something! Watch a movie, play a game, call up a friend, walk around in circles, anything (except for THAT).

Masturbation is a very physical activity. In your mind you know it's wrong and don't want to do it, so don't. Go outside and tape your hand to a pole if it ever comes to that. Once you stop masturbating your thoughts will follow and soon you can dismiss lustful thoughts because they won't lead to anything. Like I said I'm new to this but I know what's working for me and I want to tell you guys how I'm doing it. My mother once told me "an idle mind is a devil's workshop" and that is the truth! Find some good hobbies you can dedicate yourself to!
This brings up an interesting point, can you touch if you think of your wife or husband while doing it? Why would that be considered lustful and sinful..?

One last thing, hate to break it to the folks that may think this, but marriage isn't a big sex party, you cannot, and will not have as much sex as YOU want. You will still be tempted to touch, it's not something that is solely for adolescents and unmarried people.

Upvote 0

NailsII

Jul 25, 2007
UK
✟9,647.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't know that, but i've been told that is very physically hurtful for a man to not let the sperm out.

Once its on its way, definately!!!

You could survice without masturbating, when its full it would just leak out of its own accord.
This is not taken from personal experience by the way, and you can call me all the names you like.

Upvote 0

NailsII

Jul 25, 2007
UK
✟9,647.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Also to help people out, whenever I have the urge to touch, I read up on what hell is like. That gets rid of the urge in record breaking time.
Find some good hobbies you can dedicate yourself to!
When I get the urge, I generally just go ahead and do it. (providing I'm not in the middle of a shop, etc..)
There s nothing sinful about it in my eyes, its purely a natural function. Without a strong sexual urge most animals would have become extinct - just look at the problems pandas are having!!!

Good hobbies, that's a great one.
Try reading up on evolution guys....;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This is a thread for when you had too many drinks...

So what is worse pre-martial sex or masturbation?

Adultery or masturbation?

Sorry, this might change the point of the original post, but it is interesting all the same if you have drank too much.

Lee
Seems to me adultery is the only one listed in the Bible as a sin.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've not found anywhere that God says its a sin to touch. So I've enjoyed it for years. I thank God for his creating sex. One of the greatest things God has done for us.

As for the lust thing, I in my reading I noticed that they Greek word Jesus uses can be translated covet. That clearified things for me. I don't covet anyones property or wife. So that's not an issue for me either.

I've just finished reading church history thru for 4th time. Different authors. It seems to me that the test for purity in the earily church was if one worshiped idols or not. Well, the world was so ready to dump the idol worship that in 250 years much of the Roman world has accepted Christ. People weren't worshiping idols any more. So the church not having anything to really preach against made sex the test for purity.

dayhiker

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Paul says it is better to marry than to burn with passion. inappropriate contentography is sinful. Not just because of what jesus said but that common sense dictates. Conclusion? Kill your sex drive if you can, but dont guilt yourself over a normal desire. When has your guilt ever brought Gods presence and leading? it brings seperation from god nothing else, it is rejecting jesus

edit- talking about measured in days, when i have spent alot of time with God and speaking in tongues the sex drive is so easy to control its almost natural not to touch, been like 3 weeks or something.

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As long as it doesn't harm anyone, go for it. God created
sexual urges, thoughts and desires through puberty, which happens about 12. There is no way to ignore these desires, nor beat them. Sexual thoughts will be a part of the process, that is not lust, nor fornication, it is a natural instinct given through puberty. To say that these acts are sinful, is calling God sinful, because he created puberty.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.