Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When I first saw this topic, I was like, "What is this doing in a Charismatic forum?!" But after reading a certain reply, I definitely have to comment.

To the person who quoted Joshua Harris in Not Even A Hint, I just want to say thank you! Joshua Harris is my favorite relationship author. I love his first book. I never read Not Even A Hint because I don't have that problem he was talking about, but the paragraph you quoted was just so straightforward but at the same time non-judgemental. This reminds me of why he's my favorite author!

I especially like how he said that masturbation seems natural but only because we live in a fallen world. I also like the last part about how masturbation is built on a self-centered view on sex. I totally agree. Like I said, I haven't read the book, but after reading the passage you quoted, I would definitely recommend this book to someone who has a lust problem.

Upvote 0

Freeman777

Mar 30, 2006
✟15,128.00
Faith
Christian
"Question: Would a person touch in front of the Lord? I'm sure everyone's answer would be no."

Each and every time I touch I do so in the Presence of the Lord . . . and I thank Him for His wonderful gift of sexual pleasure, and release.

Masturbation is something that almost everyone has done as some time or another. The Bible is not a prudish book. In it's pages you will find strong warnings against adultery, fornication, homosexual behaviour, incest . . . but of the one thing almost everyone has done, there is no negative mention. The only thing the Word of God has said it that if a man has an emission of sperm, he is unclean until sundown, and must wash . . . the exact same thing as it says he is to do if he has maritial intercourse. If masturbation was wrong, I am quite sure the Word of God would not be shy about stating so.

And, if God is against a single person having an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], He could have provided for wet dreams to be without sensation. But everyone of us who have had them knows that there it is often a very pleasurable experience. And, if He was so much against the use of imagination duriung masturbation, He would not allow us to have erotic dreams when having a nocturnal emission.

Masturbation is a wonderful gift from God.

Freeman

Reactions: NotHardcore
Upvote 0
D

Dungbeetle

Masturbation is a wonderful gift from God.

Tell that to the people who have to live with the consequences. I am related to several narcissistic people who did not bother to get married but, unfortunately, for me, produced children (by accident). Do you have any idea what it is like to have to live with a narcissist?

Upvote 0

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
OKAY

(sorry for being in CAP from now on)

IF MASTURBATION IS WONDERFUL, WHY AM I ADDICTED TO IT AND CANNOT LEAVE IT AND IS DESPERATE?
WHY DO I FEEL SO DARK?
WHY AM I SO EMPTY?
WHY CAN I NOT FEEL IT LIKE A GIFT FROM GOD OR SEE IT AS?

WHY? WHY? WHY?

My struggle.

And I said BIG no to the poll!

God Bless!

Upvote 0

lilymarie

The love of heaven makes one heavenly -Shakespeare
Jun 15, 2006
In the here and now
✟12,370.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Uh....question....?

I'm filled with The Holy Spirit... what kind of an icon do I need to participate in this debate?

:confused:

Hummm.... who doesn't believe in "lest a man be born again he cannot enter the kingdom of God"?

I do. Does my icon then allow me to participate in this debate?

I've spoken in tongues, performed a healing miracle upon myself by the laying on of hands and praying in Jesus' name.

Do I need a certificate to prove I am spirit-filled?

Quite confused? :scratch:

Btw, this is my first post in this thread, though I see a mod has said twice only those who are spirit-filled can participate in this debate?

What does that mean? Who knows who is spirit-filled or not and who is the judge of that? :scratch:

Upvote 0

davidklewis

Walk. You know you wanna.
Sep 12, 2006
✟8,743.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor 10:23
23 All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.
NASU
1 Cor 10:31
31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
NASU
Rom 5:20-6:2
20 The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,
21 so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
6:1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase?
2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?
NASU
Rom 8:5
5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
NASU
Rom 8:1-2
1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
NASU

btw: All Christians are filled with the Holy Spirit.

2 Cor 1:21-22
21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God,
22 who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.
NASU

2 Cor 5:5-7
5 Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.
6 Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord --
7 for we walk by faith, not by sight --
NASU

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Would you have relations with your spouse in front of the Lord? :o

I didnt vote, but I want to answer on this. Yes, I would if I am married. If a Christian Couple is bound in marriage to another and works to serve each other and build each other up in Christ, sex would be a worshipful act between the two glorifing to God.

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In 2 Corinthians 10:5 it says "5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

To touch, there is imagination or fantacy going on the perform. Does anyone touch with an empty mind with no thought or image? I don't think so. Can you say that having your mind filled with imagination or fantacy to help you touch is of God? No!

Question: Would a person touch in front of the Lord? I'm sure everyone's answer would be no.

Mark 7:20-23 "20And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. 21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: 23All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

I agree that sexual fantasies are sinful. I disagree that a sexual fantasy is required for sexual release. I do not fantasize when I have sex with my wife.

What about nocturnal emissions? The Lord was a man so He must have had emmisions or else He was not tempted like as we are.

The seed built up in a man's body has to go somewhere. It must be released. There is sexual pleasure with a nocturnal emission. Usually this is called a "wet dream." We have no control over what we dream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

Gavwalk

Hmmmm interesting ..

So far i have seen Bible verses about lusting , that it is committing Adultery etc etc , so what if a person Masterbates and doesnt think lustful thoughts? cause i do know this is possible to do , anyone here have a problem with that? oh of course and one thing must be added , some of the time guilt is added not because something is wrong , but because certain people believe that its wrong and you know people would look down on you for it , for example so to your pastor or leader that you have pride and are religious , With those sins even Jesus rebuked these sins and you will probably get a pat on the back saying why do you think this or some not too heavy, then say you touch , which has non Biblical proof that its wrong just other verses that talk about lust Which is of the mind .... and they will look at you in horror , why is this? because for us culturaly its looked down apon in charasmatic circles , God does not bring condemnation or shame , if you are feeling this i would ask why , and it is not usually God thats doing it

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
44 people say masturbation is a sin, lol wow...and without a specific example in the Bible. I'm tired of hearing that inappropriate contentography isn't in the Bible, as the example, when it wasn't even around then. People have had hands since the beginning of humanity, lol.

Of the 44, how many still touch, or are married actively having sexual relations? interesting point, isn't it.

Upvote 0

Piedpiper123

Feb 3, 2007
✟15,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think if it was such a big issue with God that he would have made it VERY VERY clear in the Bible. It seems normal and natural to me. Why should we feel guilty about something the Bible does not mention.

Some will disagree because of the part that fantasy plays but I think fantasizing or dreaming is not the same as being consumed with lust for someone.

A person who is highly sexed and does not seek release is going to have one thing on their mind and it is not going to go away on its own or even with fasting. Do what is normal and get on with life.

Upvote 0

vidgamerjon

Feb 16, 2007
Arkansas
Visit site
✟7,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
davedjy said:
Of the 44, how many still touch, or are married actively having sexual relations? interesting point, isn't it.

I do. And I said it's wrong because when I DO touch, it's an addiction that I can't control. And I think any addiction is wrong. Unless it's an addiction to the Lord.:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Injun

Apr 3, 2007
✟7,612.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Wow,

Lots and lots of things here.

I would like to point out that there is a reason no main line, truth teaching church has a doctrinal stand point on this subject. That's because, there simply is not enough information about it to base a doctrinal stand point ON. I believe it's wrong, I also believe that it's not wrong. I know, I know, here goes another Christian contradicting himself. I would like to know the technique of no sexual images when masturbating. To me masturbating wouldn't be worth the time and effort if there were no sexual images. I do have sexual images when I touch, I must be going straight to hell, or not a good enough christian, or didn't pray long enough, or maybe I didn't read my bible enough.

I didn't vote either way because I don't think it's that big of an issue, apparently God doesn't either. God doesn't expect us to be perfect he just expects us to try our best, "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" remember? I still touch, a lot more than I would like, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to hell for it, it doesn't mean that I'm not trying any less than the next christian, it also doesn't mean that I have to spend the next 2 weeks beating myself up about it either. If you stubbed your toe in the morning getting ready for work and spent the rest of the day sitting on the bed worrying about your stubbed toe and missed work because of it... did that benefit you? When you fell off your bike and skinned your knee when you were little, did you just sit and cry about skinning your knee, do you still not know how to ride a bike because of that? More than likely no, you got back up and kept on peddling till you quit falling off... as much :)

Some of you who quote scriptures on lustfulness and adultery and all that mess need to rethink yourself a bit and refer back to my first line of this reply. There is NO doctrinal standing on this subject for a reason. If any of you say well my church DOES have a doctrinal stand point then you need to change churches/religions (note I didn't say denominations).

There was someone that said I was freed from it when my husband died, and again there was someone that said they are addicted to it and believe it's wrong because it's an addiction. These 2 replies I would say are a personal thing, not belief wide thing. If you were freed from it then great! I'm glad God freed you from that personal problem you had, and to the one that said it's an addiction and it's wrong. Well I hope God frees you from your personal problem, and my prayers are with you on that. I'm saying all this in love, please do not mis-construe what I'm trying to do here. Just because something was freed from you, or is an addiction for you does not mean that your specific circumstance applies to everyone. God reaches, helps, blesses and talks to all of us in a personal way, in all different ways. Aside from the things that you DO NOT DO and things YOU SHOULD DO, then everything else is speculation and are to be argued over a cup of coffee.

"No one may come to the Father except by me." There's only 1 way into to heaven, that's through Jesus. That's all that REALLY matters.

-Injun

Upvote 0

Itani

Jan 17, 2007
South Delta
✟8,048.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Question: Would a person touch in front of the Lord? I'm sure everyone's answer would be no.

When I was praying once for an answer as to why we don't touch, God answered me with this:

The image of Jesus masterbating poped up in my mind for a second and this message came up:
"You wouldn't see Jesus masterbating, would you?"

Yes...I wouldn't see Jesus masterbating. It is disturbing why Jesus would even do such a thing, and contrary to Jesus's teachings on sexual abstinance. It....just....doesn't....make....sense!!!!!

:amen:

Upvote 0

vidgamerjon

Feb 16, 2007
Arkansas
Visit site
✟7,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There was someone that said I was freed from it when my husband died, and again there was someone that said they are addicted to it and believe it's wrong because it's an addiction. These 2 replies I would say are a personal thing, not belief wide thing. If you were freed from it then great! I'm glad God freed you from that personal problem you had, and to the one that said it's an addiction and it's wrong. Well I hope God frees you from your personal problem, and my prayers are with you on that. I'm saying all this in love, please do not mis-construe what I'm trying to do here. Just because something was freed from you, or is an addiction for you does not mean that your specific circumstance applies to everyone. God reaches, helps, blesses and talks to all of us in a personal way, in all different ways. Aside from the things that you DO NOT DO and things YOU SHOULD DO, then everything else is speculation and are to be argued over a cup of coffee.

"No one may come to the Father except by me." There's only 1 way into to heaven, that's through Jesus. That's all that REALLY matters.

-Injun

Yeah, I know it's a personal thing. I just meant that I think there are certain things that I think God deems wrong for certain people. And masturbation is one of those things for me. I fight with it though. I hate that I let it become an addiction at times though.

Upvote 0

SadMachineGo

Apr 6, 2007
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm new to this and one of the things I'm struggling with is masturbation. Perhaps it may be the ONLY thing I'm struggling with. I know it is wrong because you cannot do it without lustful thoughts, but once I do it, all those lustful thoughts are gone. All that tension I had built up is gone and I can think with a clear head. I'm able to look at women without lusting for them. Since I already masturbated, if a sexual situation ever popped up, I could decline because I had already released my sexual tension. Otherwise, if I don't touch, I'm hardly ever at ease. Most of the time if I see an attractive women, I don't have to lust for them, but my body will and I will get an erection. That doesn't happen if I masturbated at the start of the day.

I want to hear from people who were saved from masturbation. How did you do it? I know it's wrong and I want to stop, but I want to hear from people that have given it up to know it CAN be done. I don't want to go to Hell. Believe me, I don't. But I feel much more at ease and willing to do His will if I have my hormones under control.

EDIT: Okay, nevermind, I just got my answer. I finished masturbating a few minutes ago, but I felt no pleasure at all. I'm not exaggerating. All the while I was doing it, I kept reminding myself that God was watching this and how I was going against him. I almost stopped but I finished because I wanted to get my answer. And I just did. I did something that I thought would be pleasurable but knowing that it went against God, it ripped all the pleasure out of it. I had to do it that one last time to find out. I kept yearning for something that I thought would be pleasurable but it's not, so I have no reason to yearn for it again. I hope some of the people here take the same path I did. If you know it's going against God, how can you take pleasure in it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.