Visit site
✟1,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In 2 Corinthians 10:5 it says "5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

To touch, there is imagination or fantacy going on the perform. Does anyone touch with an empty mind with no thought or image? I don't think so. Can you say that having your mind filled with imagination or fantacy to help you touch is of God? No!

Question: Would a person touch in front of the Lord? I'm sure everyone's answer would be no.

Mark 7:20-23 "20And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. 21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: 23All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a theory that ancient societies were a lot less inhibited about "bodily functions" than modern society.
Masturbation is a bodily function... it is what goes on within your soul at the time that is harmful. People cannot touch without fantasy... most cannot have intercourse without fantasy.
This is a soul ruled age.

Upvote 0

God_follower

God Follower all the way
Jul 29, 2003
Huntsville, Al
Visit site
✟1,057.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I once heard it like this. Its selfish cuz you are only doing it to please yourself... you should be trying to please God.

On another note... Do the SOS study one time... basicaly God made sex and even says something to the effect of hey its a good thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm, then I wonder why I was released from masturbation when my husband died, I was then saved, and it would have been natural to revert to it?

When you are free, you are free indeed! :clap:

Edit: Judgment alert! :sorry:

Looks like the boys have more trouble with this than the girls! :p

Upvote 0

whitedove7

Dec 21, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟1,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you fulfilling the lustful flesh? God ordained marriage and so it is santified by God. Anything outside is not right! When a person is having sex with either husband or wife and is fantisying about another, then there is a problem. Question to ask if they had sex before marriage with another and so there is a soul tie attached that needs to be broken.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well since I can't think of anything to say
right now...Except there has been some pretty
spiritual experiances with my husband when I knew
that the Lord was right there..sort of ordained of
God ya' know? No embarrassment whatsoever.

8_5_16.gif

Pumpkin pie, anyone?
Happy Thanksgiving!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FireOfGod said:
Haha even if we don't realize it, he is always standing there. :eek: :D

:D

Actually Jesus is standing at the side of the majesty on high interceding for us. In his resurrection body, which is localised, can he be omnipresent? He couldnt on earth:scratch: . I thought it was the HS that was omnipresent!

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

live4grace

Feb 19, 2005
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟16,917.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
whitedove7 wrote: To touch, there is imagination or fantacy going on the perform. Does anyone touch with an empty mind with no thought or image? I don't think so. Can you say that having your mind filled with imagination or fantacy to help you touch is of God? No!

Question: Would a person touch in front of the Lord? I'm sure everyone's answer would be no.

God made sex a private matter. But .. He's not embarrassed about it and it comes up a lot in His word. The highest concentration of sexual imagery within marriage is what some have called an R-rated book (particularly if you learn the imagery), the Song of Solomon, but it's one intended for heterosexual married people for sure. We should all know that God blesses people with marriage and within that even commands regular sexual relations (1 Cor 7:5). Of course, He also blesses others with gifts of celibacy.

Now, given that masturbation is not specifically mentioned in the Word (unlike adultery, inappropriate behavior with animals, prostitution, debauchery, fornication and homosexuality ...), being dogmatically against (or for) it is adding to what we God has given us. The best we can do is ask questions about the heart of one doing it, as you have. But when we do that, we run the risk of projecting what we think someone is thinking or feeling into their lives without knowing that for a fact.

Without getting specific and graphic it's hard to describe situations where masturbation would not involve moral compromise, but I've known situation where they definitely existed within marriage.

While the problem is hardly a male-only one, men do have more problem with this because in their bodies is a built-in manufacturing of sperm and sperm. Some years ago, a friend and I were reflecting upon the sexual state of 16-18 year old boys and said, quite accurately, that they are (as we were) "walking sperm cells":) . The Bible is not silent about this bodily function which God created; the Law of Moses has several mentions of male emissions (Lev 15:16, 15:18. 15:32, 22:4, Deut 23:10) and it is treated in the Law in much the same way as a woman's monthly period.

These Biblically-addressed "nocturnal emissions", which take place via so-called "wet dreams" are part of many if not most men's lives, and if that's "fantasy" then we're all accountable for our dreams. Women have dreams like this too. And, when the dreams are recalled (many are not), it's hard to distinguish the thought life and even the action from masturbation.

Now, "sexual malpractice" (for lack of better term) as a general topic has been a major problem with humankind since God created it, but He did create us man and woman, with the capacity and desire for sexual intimacy and blessed the act with great pleasure. The misuse and pollution of the pure gift we've been given is a sin, but one that can be forgiven, repented of, and blissfully redeemed in marriage.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
jlujan69 said:
Also, masturbation as part of sexual intercourse with one's spouse is not wrong either.

How do you know this?

live4grace said:
The highest concentration of sexual imagery within marriage is what some have called an R-rated book (particularly if you learn the imagery), the Song of Solomon, but it's one intended for heterosexual married people for sure. .

:scratch:

I have heard that this book is about either:

1) A pair of unmarried young lovers who are not allowed to marry but want to in the company of their beloved. A picture of the believer being in dead religion.

2) Soloman romancing his 13th wife i.e his 12th adultery.

Either way, marriage?:scratch:

How do you know this?

Upvote 0

live4grace

Feb 19, 2005
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟16,917.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lismore said:
I have heard that this book is about either:

1) A pair of unmarried young lovers who are not allowed to marry but want to in the company of their beloved. A picture of the believer being in dead religion.

2) Soloman romancing his 13th wife i.e his 12th adultery.

Either way, marriage?:scratch:

How do you know this?

How do I know what? Who the book is for? I wrote nothing about who it was about. Yes, Solomon had enough wives to spend only one night with each for three years. He was messed up in a lot of ways, and towards the end was bitter about his over-indulgences. That's in Ecclesiastes.

But how I know that the book is for married people is because that is the only relationship in which God blesses such intimacy. Either that or the Song of Solomon is celebrating sin, which is a puzzling stance, because that would at least infer that it doesn't belong in the canon. :scratch:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.