Topeka, ks
✟15,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey all! I'm a new member, who's looking for answers and advice without typical textbook replies. This isn't something I can really discuss with some one in person.
I'm a 27 yo male. Grew up ultra fundie, but have left the legalism. I am a complete virgin......as in I've never even had a passing conversation with a single, non family female other than strictly for business.
My issue: I've been listening to various pastors while on the road, and have been feeling pretty crappy about masturbating. Im not addicted to it, nor inappropriate content. In fact I can go a couple weeks with out haveing to relieve the tension. But the "burning with passion" is still there.
Here's where my frustration is. The pastors all talk about inappropriate content being a bad thing(which I total understand), and masturbation being a selfish/wrong thing. If scripture says it is better to marry than to burn with passion, what is one to do if marriage is not an option in todays society....even within the church? I would probably have better chances, especially at my age, just going out and proposing to a prostitute than holding a convo with a christian female. of course you then run into the issue of being "unequally yoked". Every time I do the "deed" I feel somewhat sad that I have no one to share an experience with. Truth be told, I feel that way with every high/low, success/failure.
So what is the answer? Is there really a scriptural problem with masturbating for the rest of my life? Is my guilt just remains from my fundie upbringing? IDK what the right answer is. It seems like I'm cornered with no "right" way out.

• Prayers
Reactions: Toro

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No judgement, but if you want truth.

We all have our cross to carry daily.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with mena]">[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

John 8:35-36

35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey all! I'm a new member, who's looking for answers and advice without typical textbook replies. This isn't something I can really discuss with some one in person.
I'm a 27 yo male. Grew up ultra fundie, but have left the legalism. I am a complete virgin......as in I've never even had a passing conversation with a single, non family female other than strictly for business.
My issue: I've been listening to various pastors while on the road, and have been feeling pretty crappy about masturbating. Im not addicted to it, nor inappropriate content. In fact I can go a couple weeks with out haveing to relieve the tension. But the "burning with passion" is still there.
Here's where my frustration is. The pastors all talk about inappropriate content being a bad thing(which I total understand), and masturbation being a selfish/wrong thing. If scripture says it is better to marry than to burn with passion, what is one to do if marriage is not an option in todays society....even within the church? I would probably have better chances, especially at my age, just going out and proposing to a prostitute than holding a convo with a christian female. of course you then run into the issue of being "unequally yoked". Every time I do the "deed" I feel somewhat sad that I have no one to share an experience with. Truth be told, I feel that way with every high/low, success/failure.
So what is the answer? Is there really a scriptural problem with masturbating for the rest of my life? Is my guilt just remains from my fundie upbringing? IDK what the right answer is. It seems like I'm cornered with no "right" way out.

Probably better to post this in the "Sexual struggles" forum for more helpful and direct answers.

Reactions: frustrated27
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
oh, well that sucks. Trying to find answers, but I guess this is the wrong place. Thanks for the heads up.
Jesus is able to help you with this. It is indeed a fruit of the spirit to exercise self-control, and our wrestle is not against flesh and blood - it is a spiritual adversary (2 Peter 2:19). St. James writes that if anyone is able to control his own tongue, he is able to bring his whole body into subjection too.

Mostly, I suppose you have yet to find out the information that will educate you why you feel the way you do in remorse, because according to your present logic there is some cognitive dissonance. You can just trust Him to lead you there if that is what you want (Matthew 7:7).

If you take a look through this booklet, maybe a new comprehension will come about that can help fill in some gaps: www.adonai-reigns.life/the-gospel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Perhaps you're looking for this section of the forums~~~> https://www.christianforums.com/forums/mens-corner.46/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.