• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Masturbated but felt no conviction, seared conscience?

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been celibate for almost a year and just broke my streak with masturbating. I actually regretted doing it and stopped but it was too late, the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] already started.

The logic for me doing it was due to my friend who said masturbation is not specifically mentioned anywhere in the Bible but other things such as fornication, orgies, homosexuality and zoophilia are mentioned. Is masturbation thus not sexually immoral?

I felt no conviction while doing it or afterward. I just logically regretted doing it. Do I have a seared conscience or is masturbation actually not a sin? I am so confused right now.

I did repent and ask for forgiveness regardless.

PS! I did not watch inappropriate content or imagine any woman.

Last edited:
Reactions: seeker1999-

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would not let your behavior be influenced by friends. If you can stay celibate so long then keep that plan. If it did not matter to your conscience you would not have repented or posted in here. No condemnation but trust God in your sexuality. Think about how your purity is going to enhance your future Godly relationship with a woman.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0