✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello i currently have a touching yourself addiction that i want gone
Please pray that my addiction goes away.
Remember that true Christianity is grace-based not performance based.
You cannot fight and win against this in your own strength. You can only pray like Paul did concerning his thorn in the flesh (whatever it was). He prayed three times for God to remove it, and the Lord told him, "My grace is sufficient for you".

The flesh wars against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh. Paul struggled with his battles with the flesh, and he documents it in Romans 7. Don't believe anyone who tells you that his struggle was when he was a Pharisee. He is writing to the Romans as a mature believer and church planter, in the present, and he is still struggling with the flesh. But he resolves the struggle by putting himself in the hands of Christ.

Whether we all admit it or not, if we didn't have 1 John 1:9, we'd be sunk and overwhelmed with condemnation.

The usual answer is for the Lord to find you a wife, and until that happens, you are still going to have the struggle you are having. But through the grace of God which is sufficient for you, the habit is under the blood regardless of whether you have the victory over it or not. Jesus is a complete Saviour, and He took all your sinfulness on the cross with Him.

Actually, the sin in masturbation is not the bodily function, but the lustful thoughts and viewing inappropriate content images that one does to make it more pleasurable.

Otherwise it is merely a bodily function and is no more sinful than a "wet dream" which you have no control over.

The other aspect is that when you get the release, the arousal feeling goes away and there is an emotional "downer" and the body goes into a relaxed state. This can cause guilt feelings and a "why did I do that?" feeling. But using 1 John 1:9 and talking to God about your struggle and failure brings peace back into your system.

Jesus was single, and although we don't like to think about our holy Saviour having temptations like us, but that is what Hebrews says, that we have a High Priest (Jesus) who was tempted in all points as we are. Therefore He has a total understanding of what you are going through, and His word of comfort is, "My grace is sufficient for you."

Upvote 0