Massive invasion of Israel - right on schedule, prophetically??

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually, did Jesus not free us from this convoluted thinking?
Breathlessly declaring the end times are upon us, right now, no, totally for real this time, I swear, any second now, wait for it, wait for it... is apparently more fun than attempting to understand the simple tranquility of Jesus message.

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UN backed or non UN backed, no one is currently in a position to invade Israel.

Invasions are a big deal, you can't just throw one together on a whim.

You obviously can't just throw together "an invasion" the way you might whip up a fruit salad. The point is if the UN does authorise the use of military force against Israel you don't need armies to accumulate under the radar.

What Israel would do about it would obviously be another matter - whatever the UN says I can't see Israel merely lying down and letting itself get overrun.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Israel will stand against any kind of opposition, but I don't see any of it leading to a full scale invasion of their country. Especially by any one of the permanent security council members. The U.N. will likely resort to dropping sanctions on Israel.

The IDF , while small in comparison to their American counterparts, is not something to be taken lightly. They're well equipped and could most definitely stand up to some rebels with pea shooters trying to take the west bank.

Upvote 0
J

Junebug28

Israel will stand against any kind of opposition, but I don't see any of it leading to a full scale invasion of their country. Especially by any one of the permanent security council members. The U.N. will likely resort to dropping sanctions on Israel.

The IDF , while small in comparison to their American counterparts, is not something to be taken lightly. They're well equipped and could most definitely stand up to some rebels with pea shooters trying to take the west bank.

There are prophecies that say Israel is going to be invaded by a massive army where God is going to step in and save them. That invasion happens in the Springtime according to Joel 1. Whether it happens THIS Spring or not remains to be seen. I believe it will happen (maybe now, maybe not now) because God said it will happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Breathlessly declaring the end times are upon us, right now, no, totally for real this time, I swear, any second now, wait for it, wait for it... is apparently more fun than attempting to understand the simple tranquility of Jesus message.

It's good for that adrenaline fix.

Upvote 0
J

Junebug28

And if the UN has said they intend to GIVE the West Bank and Gaza to the muslims as well as divide Jerusalem, what then?

Does that embolden the muslims? Do they think, "aha! The whole world is not going to blame us for taking what is ours because the UN is about to give us half of Israel and half of Jerusalem!"?

What can Israel do if the whole world is standing against them, politically, and possibly militarily, certainly under threat, if the muslims decide they are going to invade and TAKE what the UN intends to give the muslims anyway?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/world/middleeast/03mideast.html?pagewanted=2&_r=2&hp

This is what God says happens:

Ezek 38: 9Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
10Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:
11And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
12To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. 13Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

When Israel is invaded, some peoples are on the sidelines saying, "gee, what are you up to?" They are certainly not rising in defense of Israel or doing anything about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
J

Junebug28

When has the UN ever said that the Palestinians can have half of Israel?

Where have you been?

The UN is going to recognize the West Bank, Gaza and a divided Jerusalem as "Palestine" by September.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/world/middleeast/03mideast.html?_r=2&hp

If Ahmadinajad thinks he's going to conquer Jerusalem by August 3rd, he'd better get busy, 'cause the UN is about to beat him to it.

Scripturally, God is the One who is going to shock them all.

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You all really think the Muslims are suicidal and want to get nuked by Israel?

Exactly, Israel has enough nuclear weapons to quickly wipe out all of its neighbors.

Anyways we keep on hearing about how the israel is about to be invaded. Well it never seems to happen. Well, it all talk as far as I am concerned I will believe it when I see it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Junebug28

You all really think the Muslims are suicidal and want to get nuked by Israel?

Exactly, Israel has enough nuclear weapons to quickly wipe out all of its neighbors.

Anyways we keep on hearing about how the israel is about to be invaded. Well it never seems to happen. Well, it all talk as far as I am concerned I will believe it when I see it.

How is Israel going to nuke invading armies?

Having said that, Damascus is prophesied to cease from being a city in Isaiah 17.

Zechariah 12 says that Israel is going to be like a firepot and devour the people around them and it looks like God is going to help them do it.

Upvote 0

John Christian V

Sep 6, 2010
✟8,102.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Having said that, Damascus is prophesied to cease from being a city in Isaiah 17.

Zechariah 12 says that Israel is going to be like a firepot and devour the people around them and it looks like God is going to help them do it.

I suppose you've never heard of tactical nukes. And if Israel was about to be destroyed, you don't think they'd nuke Tehran, Mecca, Medina, and other Muslim centers?

Please go read Ezekiel chapter 37 carefully, then show me why you believe those prophecies have honestly been fulfilled. And explain to me how Gog and Magog attack again after the 1000 year reign of Christ. See Revelation 20:8.

Upvote 0
J

Junebug28

I suppose you've never heard of tactical nukes. And if Israel was about to be destroyed, you don't think they'd nuke Tehran, Mecca, Medina, and other Muslim centers?

Please go read Ezekiel chapter 37 carefully, then show me why you believe those prophecies have honestly been fulfilled. And explain to me how Gog and Magog attack again after the 1000 year reign of Christ. See Revelation 20:8.

We'll see. It's about to play out before our very eyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Israel would likely perform a preemptive strike on its enemies before they were ever able to carry out their invasion plans. They wouldn't have to worry about any retaliatory strikes because none of the other arab countries have nuclear weapons.

Upvote 0

John Christian V

Sep 6, 2010
✟8,102.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that the idea of an inevitable "massive invasion of Israel" has ever been in question, it is the identity of the invaders themselves that still continues to generate debate.....

A lot of people question it. It's just that most American Christians have been conditioned by people like Tim LaHaye to interpret Bible prophecy in a certain way.

Ezekiel 37
[24] And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
[25] And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
[26] Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
[27] My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
[28] And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Has all that happened yet? No. So how then do the prophecies of Ezekiel 38 and 39 occur prior to the fulfillment of the aforementioned prophecy? Answer: they don't.

Upvote 0
J

Junebug28

Israel would likely perform a preemptive strike on its enemies before they were ever able to carry out their invasion plans. They wouldn't have to worry about any retaliatory strikes because none of the other arab countries have nuclear weapons.

They know that Lebanon and Gaza and Syria are being armed by Iran all around them and they haven't done anything yet.

Upvote 0

Tim Myers

Mar 26, 2011
✟2,382.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For years, Hal Lindsey and many others swore up and down that the former Soviet Union would be the sole invader of Israel.

Then, they changed it to a Soviet-led Muslim invasion....

Now, most of them are omitting Russia all together and stating that it will be a purely Muslim-nation invasion....

Upvote 0