Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bishop Nikanor is kicking butt and taking
names!

Last night, thousands of Serbs marched through the main streets of Belgrade in protest of the Euro Pride march expected to be held in the capital city next month.

Estimates of the number of participants vary. Balkan Insight reports 5-10,000
people, while Danas reports more than 10,000. According to the Ukrainian outlet Strana, local Serbian outlets are reporting more than 50,000 participants.

The procession began in front of the Serbian Patriarchate administration and
ended at the Church of St. Mark.

Marchers bore crosses and icons of Christ, the Theotokos, and various saints, chanting prayers and shouting various slogans: “We don’t want gay parades and Western occupation!” “We won’t give up our holy sites!”

They also carried banners reading: “Hands off our children!”

Thousands of Serbs take to streets to protest LGBT parade (+VIDEO)

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bishop is saying he’ll anathemize anyone helping to organize or manage the parade, etc.

In a video published last week, Bp. Nikanor is seen standing in front of a church, addressing a handful of believers, warning that Euro Pride “will come to Belgrade and flaunt and desecrate the city of Belgrade, the holy Serbian city.”

He continued: “I will anathematize all those who organize and participate in something like that. I can do that much. If I had a weapon, I would use it, I would use that force if only I had it, but I don’t.”

• Friendly
Reactions: Arctangent
Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I’m sad to say the planned parade that is one of the reasons Russians justify their cutting themselves off from the West, because we are tyrannically ruled by masters that we cannot control or throw out, and so they dictate to us that we WILL tolerate sexual insanity whether we like it or not. We WILL have a Health Dept. head who is a man pretending to be a woman. And so on.

But it is our fault, too. We ourselves have enjoyed the soft (and increasingly not so soft) inappropriate contentography in entertainment, we ourselves have fornicated or adulterated or masturbated or been drawn into open inappropriate contentography, even if we have not committed sodomic same-sex sin or other abomination. There is no scenario in which we are innocent victims. We sowed the wind that is now producing this whirlwind for us to reap.

Lord, have mercy on us.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,283.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Good to see people taking a stand, but the bishop talking about using a weapon is ... not kosher ...
I've known priests who refer to prayer ropes as their weapons. I don't see the problem. People do not seem to understand that we are at war.

• Agree
Reactions: Erose
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've known priests who refer to prayer ropes as their weapons. I don't see the problem. People do not seem to understand that we are at war.

I don’t think that’s the kind of weapon he is talking about. as an Orthodox bishop, he would have access to prayer ropes, so he wouldn’t have said IF I had a weapon.

(just commenting on that second post)

Upvote 0

Ross_Souls

Aug 16, 2022
London
✟10,046.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Bishop Nikanor is kicking butt and taking
names!

Last night, thousands of Serbs marched through the main streets of Belgrade in protest of the Euro Pride march expected to be held in the capital city next month.

Estimates of the number of participants vary. Balkan Insight reports 5-10,000
people, while Danas reports more than 10,000. According to the Ukrainian outlet Strana, local Serbian outlets are reporting more than 50,000 participants.

The procession began in front of the Serbian Patriarchate administration and
ended at the Church of St. Mark.

Marchers bore crosses and icons of Christ, the Theotokos, and various saints, chanting prayers and shouting various slogans: “We don’t want gay parades and Western occupation!” “We won’t give up our holy sites!”

They also carried banners reading: “Hands off our children!”

Thousands of Serbs take to streets to protest LGBT parade (+VIDEO)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God is love, and God's love is universal, regardless of your class, creed colour or sexual orientation

correct, but love naturally exposes and condemns sin

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Silly post. Please be mindful of this subforum and observe my mom's old maxim: "If you don't have anything nice to say...."
Wonder how many of those marching were closet cases!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God is love, and God's love is universal, regardless of your class, creed colour or sexual orientation

Anyone who has read CS Lewis's "The Four Loves" would be asking, "Which "love" are you talking about? Philia, Storge, Agape, or Eros?
And if you don't understand that, then you are about to learn something.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who has read CS Lewis's "The Four Loves" would be asking, "Which "love" are you talking about? Philia, Storge, Agape, or Eros?
And if you don't understand that, then you are about to learn something.

and Fr Hopko would rightly say, if your love isn’t rooted in agape, it’s lust.

same sex physical sexual acts are only lust.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟134,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Good to see people taking a stand, but the bishop talking about using a weapon is ... not kosher ...
Agreed.

I'm all for resisting the LGBT-whatever, but violently is not the way to do it. That only emboldens them and gives them a better case in court against us.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟555,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

This is what determined homosexuals and the defenders of any form of degeneracy will trot out against those who take a stand against wicked behavior. "Oh, I know. You MUST be a closet gay." Lacking any substantive response to objections and facts against homosexual and other wrong behaviors, they will resort to pejoratives and accusations. Ultimately, it makes them feel good about themselves.

Upvote 0