Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is what determined homosexuals and the defenders of any form of degeneracy will trot out against those who take a stand against wicked behavior. "Oh, I know. You MUST be a closet gay." Lacking any substantive response to objections and facts against homosexual and other wrong behaviors, they will resort to pejoratives and accusations. Ultimately, it makes them feel good about themselves.

yeah, my question was just to tease out an answer more than poor, drive-by apologetics.

Reactions: Arctangent
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is what determined homosexuals and the defenders of any form of degeneracy will trot out against those who take a stand against wicked behavior. "Oh, I know. You MUST be a closet gay." Lacking any substantive response to objections and facts against homosexual and other wrong behaviors, they will resort to pejoratives and accusations. Ultimately, it makes them feel good about themselves.
Even if it was the case, at the very least they recognise it as sin and are struggling against it.

Upvote 0

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,538.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
My hope is that the Church will make herself open to persons of all sinful persuasions, and doesn't invest counterproductively in the allure of self-righteousness.

The Church is radical in our times because she recognises the individual not by their traits/identities, but as a human person worthy of love and community.
"We are Orthodox and we love our Church" speaks more eloquently than "We are Orthodox and we hate xyz."

Our hatred for the passions is not the motivating force of our faith, but the rejection of them is a *result* of our love for Christ our God.

"Honey catches more flies than vinegar"

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My hope is that the Church will make herself open to persons of all sinful persuasions,

she is and always has been. the problem is that certain sinful persuasions are being deemed as not sinful.

Upvote 0