LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne; they cried out with a loud voice, 'O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?'” - Revelation 6:9-10

"Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years." Revelation 20:4

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
"When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne; they cried out with a loud voice, 'O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?'” - Revelation 6:9-10

"Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years." Revelation 20:4

Amen

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This can't be true. Our surgical strikes have them on the run, no?

Why do you feel the need to resort to snarkiness? You can maturely disagree with me and make your arguments. I do believe that ISIS has been damaged heavily by coalition strikes and that they are less able to project power or beyond their hellish corners of the world by the day. That should not be taken as a statement that they will not continue to commit atrocities, likely for a very long time to come, nor does it mean that they will not have successes here or there. I am the first to admit that I too frequently resort to behavior that is below me, but I hope you stop to consider what you're bringing to this conversation, on a topic as serious as this one.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I hope they are all forgiven their sins and brought to eternal rest with our Lord.

Unfortunately for them, they will have had to have repented, but something tells me 99+% haven't and won't. And for the ones that won't, burn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I hope they are all forgiven their sins and brought to eternal rest with our Lord.

You know, it's sad for me to admit that I don't know very many Christians like you who would say such a thing about Muslims or about other people of different religions. It has been my personal experience over the years that Christians like you are very few and far between. It seems like when I'm willing to walk away from Christianity for good, I come across someone like you, a person who actually mirrors Christ and His commands in his own words, thought, and deed. You restore my confidence in my own faith and my willingness to continue to follow Christ, even when it's very difficult for me to do so.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You know, it's sad for me to admit that I don't know very many Christians like you who would say such a thing about Muslims or about other people of different religions. It has been my personal experience over the years that Christians like you are very few and far between. It seems like when I'm willing to walk away from Christianity for good, I come across someone like you, a person who actually mirrors Christ and His commands in his own words, thought, and deed. You restore my confidence in my own faith and my willingness to continue to follow Christ, even when it's very difficult for me to do so.

It isn't easy, I am a grossly imperfect man. Still though, I take the commandment to love our neighbor (one of te two greatest commands, according to Christ) and not to judge another's souls very seriously. I do know that what these men did was evil, but I do not know what they knew or what they were capable of or what was in their heart. I hope and pray that the criminals and the victims alike will recieve mercy. God willing, you will not see me speculate on who will and will not make the cut.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

We get it; you dont like Christians or America.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
We get it; you dont like Christians or America.

Apparently not, except for the America part, that is true. Otherwise, I have quite a few Christian friends, however, the majority of them are minorities, even fewer who aren't (sorry about the play on words). And that reality is based on almost 25 years of personal experience since I first converted to Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
It isn't easy, I am a grossly imperfect man. Still though, I take the commandment to love our neighbor (one of te two greatest commands, according to Christ) and not to judge another's souls very seriously. I do know that what these men did was evil, but I do not know what they knew or what they were capable of or what was in their heart. I hope and pray that the criminals and the victims alike will be recieve mercy. God willing, you will meet see me speculate on who will and will not make the cut.

Well, I appreciate your willingness to try to live out your faith honestly. I find that to be a rare quality among many Christians I have met over the years.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This would be nice but I'm a realist. The odds say that they are too ignorant and deluded to seek the truth and they will die as disbelievers.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Wow. Hopefully you won't be judged by the same standard.
What standard? If I convert to Islam, accept the false prophet Muhammad, deny that Jesus is Lord and murder Christians then I deserve hell. I am perfectly fine with living by this standard.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
What standard? If I convert to Islam, accept the false prophet Muhammad, deny that Jesus is Lord and murder Christians then I deserve hell. I am perfectly fine with living by this standard.

I don't know, I just recall certain Scriptures about being judged by the same measure you judge others and about judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. And I'm sorry, but what I have read you say so far hasn't sounded very merciful at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:cool:

I don't know, I just recall certain Scriptures about being judged by the same measure you judge others and about judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. And I'm sorry, but what I have read you say so far hasn't sounded very merciful at all.

So criticizing evil, demonic Muslims that behead Christians is worse to you than beheading the Christians?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.