I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
People keep saying the 33d degree has something evil in it. Does anyone have a copy of the degree they can post or a url we can look at? Let us all take a look at it and debate what we see.

The Masons do so many good things, the membership is so honorable that I find it hard to believe the 33 contains evil.

The following is from the preamble to the degree. This is from a legit masonic source.

SOVEREIGN GRAND INSPECTOR-GENERAL
The Thirty-Third and Last Degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite
PRERATORY

It may not be improper, in connection with this, the last degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, although but a casual allusion is made to the ritual of the grade, to premise that Masonry is not of itself a Religion.

Like the Sun, it disseminates light and is the source of light; but, unlike that great luminary, which illuminates but one-half the globe at one and the same time, Masonry with its effulgence lights perpetually the entire Universe, and sends its rays of healing, consolation, and good cheer, dispelling ignorance, superstition, and error.

Every good Mason respects the religion of his brother, though differing, perhaps, from his own, and hopes that all may be true in those respects where differences arise, and that each may be sufficiently near the truth to solve for himself the great problem of life and death; and surely no one who has looked thoughtfully on the checkered road through the wilderness, of this life, or who has stood, even for a moment, near the brink of the cold river of death, would be otherwise than reverential in the presence of any shrine to which a fellow creature may kneel for aid or consolation;-

For we are doomed our native dust to wet with many a fruitless shower; and ill it suits us to disdain the Altar, to deride the fane where simple sufferers bend in trust to win a happier hour.

To those who seek in this work a knowledge of the tenets and inculcations of the Rite, who may peruse the instructions and formula herein contained, the hand of sympathetic fellowship is extended, believing that the result of a careful study, combined with the ambition of the Enthusiast, will convince each and all that the Rite of which we essay to teach is replete in all its parts with the highest morality and fraternal devotion, leading man to sublimest thoughts and appreciation of the Present and a Hereafter; ever realizing in its surroundings and adornments the truth of that happy thought of England's youthful poet:

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass to nothingness.

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
INTO THE LIGHT

The hurricane came and went without any harm to us. But the one within me continued to gather force. It seemed strange, from my point of view, for all the people around me seemed calm. Even the doctor was no longer speaking much to me about the Lord, for I wasn't seeing him regularly. Bonnie was quietly supportive, but we really didn't say much about it. Mike and my other friends went on with life. It was "business as usual" around me, but definitely not that way inside of me.

THE HIGHEST MASONIC DEGREE

Easter was approaching and one quiet morning I was at home recuperating from the second operation when the doorbell rang. It was a special delivery letter from the Supreme Council in Washington, notifying me that I had been selected for the 33rd Degree.

I could hardly believe it was true! This honor is one most Masons never even think of receiving. It was too much, too far out of reach, beyond limits of reality. It was unreal to think I had actually been selected. It was an honor just to be considered for this ultimate degree and I had actually been selected, chosen by that small and powerful group, the Supreme Council of the 33rd Degree.

I called Bonnie to share the good news with her. In talking with her, I surprised myself by asking her if she thought I should accept it "What a strange thing to ask her," I thought. But before I could contemplate it she said, "Why, sure you should accept it. You have worked so hard for so long to get there - by all means you should accept it."

So I returned my acceptance immediately and began making plans for the trip.

I MADE IT ON MY OWN

With plenty of time to reflect, I thought about my long climb up the mountain of Masonry in search of light. I thought about the odds against anyone's ever making it to the 33rd Degree. I realized that in my case the odds have been even greater. I had made it by hard work and dedication alone. Some men have an edge on selection because of their wealth, political power or prominence. I had none of these.

Like the day I had carried the man all the way to the top of "Shaw Hill" between Camp Butner and Raleigh, I had made it to the top of the Masonic mountain because I was willing to make the effort required and refused to quit. Thinking of this, I felt particularly good about it and wished my mother could know.

I had come a long way since leaving the front gate that terrible day so many years ago. I had come the distance with no help from Uncle Irvin. Who would have thought that the lonely walk, begun so many years ago by that frightened 13-year-old boy, would have led to this point? I had reached the pinnacle - made it all the way to the top.

Some of the most prominent and influential men in the world would undoubtedly be there to participate when I was given this ultimate degree - for me - little Jimmy Shaw, who had gone to work at age five and made it alone since age 13. They would be there to give the 33rd Degree to me. It was really a bit difficult to take it all in.

3 DAYS AT THE MOUNTAIN TOP

In order to receive the 33rd Degree it was necessary to go to Washington. D.C. The initiation and related functions were to last three days.

Since Bonnie could participate in practically none of the things I would be doing each day, she decided not to go along. We were both excited as I made preparations to leave. But I was not as excited as I expected to be. The edge was taken off the excitement because, in me, it was mixed with a considerable amount of conviction. Way down deep there was a growing restlessness, an increasing conflict, produced by the things the doctor had been sharing and by all the Scripture I had been reading. Preparing to receive this "ultimate honor" was not as thrilling as it might otherwise have been.

ARRIVING AT THE HOUSE OF THE TEMPLE

I flew into Washington National Airport and took a taxi to the House of the Temple on Northwest 16th Street. Upon arriving at the Temple I was met by a receptionist who asked if I were there to receive the 33rd Degree. I was surprised to find a women in those sacred Masonic precincts, but said that I was and showed her my letter from the Supreme Council. She then told me that in order to receive the degree, I would be expected to make a "minimum donation" of a very large amount of money (at least it was a "very large" amount for me). This took me completely by surprise for there had not been a word about any such "minimum donation" in the letter sent me by the Supreme Council. I didn't carry that much money with me and had left my checkbook at home but was able to borrow the money from one of the other men and gave it to her. We candidates were all unhappy about this unpleasant surprise and grumbled to one another about it, but were not unhappy enough to forsake the degree over it. We were too close to the "top of the mountain" to turn back at that point.

THE TEMPLE ITSELF

The House of the Temple is quite impressive - a bit awesome, really. Standing large, grey and silent on the east side of Northwest 16th Street, between "R" and "S" Streets, it looms very wide and tall from the curb. There is a huge expanse of granite pavement in front of it, including three levels of narrowing steps as the entrance is approached. Flanking the entrance are two Sphinx-like granite lions with women's heads, the neck of one entwined by a cobra and decorated with the "ankh" (the Egyptian symbol of life and deity).

Adorning the neck and breast of the other is an image of a women, symbolic of fertility and procreation. In the pavement, just in front of the tall bronze doors, are two Egyptian swords with curved, serpentine blades and, between the two swords, brass letters, set into stone, saying, "The Temple of the Supreme Council of the Thirty-Third and Last Degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite."

Over the tall, bronze doors, cut into the stone, is the statement, "Freemasonry Builds Its Temples in the Hearts of Men and Among Nations." (1)

High above the entrance, partially concealed by stone columns, is an elaborate image of the Egyptian sun god, backed with radiating sun and flanked by six large, golden snakes.

Inside is elegance: polished marble, exotic wood, gold and statuary. There are offices, a library, dining room, kitchen, Council Room, "Temple Room" and a large meeting room. This room is like a luxurious theater, rather elegantly furnished and decorated.

The ceiling is dark blue, with lights set into it to give the appearance of stars. These lights can even be made to "twinkle" like stars in the sky. There is a stage, well-equipped, and it is all very nicely done. But the thing that is most noticeable is the way the walls are decorated with serpents. There are all kinds; some very long and large. Many of the Scottish Rite degrees include the representation of serpents and I recognized them among those decorating the walls.

It was all most impressive and gave me a strange mixture of the sensations of being in a temple and in a tomb - something sacred but threatening. I saw busts of outstanding men of the Rite including two of Albert Pike, who is buried there in the wall.

INTERVIEWED BY THE SUPREME COUNCIL

The first day was devoted to registration, briefings and interviews. We were called into one of the offices, one at a time, and interviewed by three members of the Supreme Council.

When my turn came I was ushered into the office and seated. The very first question I was asked was, "Of what religion are you?" Not long before this I would have answered with something like, "I believe the Ancient Mysteries, the 'Old Religion,' and I believe in reincarnation." However, without thinking at all about how to answer, I found myself saying, "I am a Christian."

Then, to my sup rise and theirs, I asked them, "Are you men born again?" The man in charge quickly stopped me by saying, "We're not here to talk about that - we are here to ask you questions."

After they sent me back out I sat down and thought about it. When the next man came out, I asked him, "Did they ask you if you are a Christian?" He said, "Yes, they did."

"What did you tell them?" I asked, and he replied, "I told them 'Hell no, and I never intend to be!'"

Then he said a strange thing to me, "They said I'm going higher," and he left through a different door, looking pleased.

BECOMING A SOVEREIGN GRAND INSPECTOR GENERAL

The second day was the day of the actual initiation, held in the theater-like meeting room. Those of us who were receiving the degree were seated and the ceremony was "exemplified" (acted out in full costume) before us, in the same way that we had performed the lesser degrees of the Scottish Rite all those years. The parts in the exemplification were played by men of the 33rd Degree.

The representative candidate was dressed in black trousers, barefooted, bareheaded and draped in a long, black robe that reminded me of a very long, black raincoat. He had a black cable tow around his neck but was not hoodwinked. During the initiation he was led around the stage, conducted by two men with swords, as the degree was performed for us.

Instructions and signs were given. Upon the altar were four "holy books" (the Bible, the Koran, the Book of the Law and the Hindu Scriptures). At one point the "candidate" was told to kiss the book "of your religion" and, representing us all, he leaned forward and did so. I remembered the First Degree initiation, when I was told to kiss the Bible, and at that moment something came full cycle. It was the final such kiss to be a part of my life.

WINE IN A HUMAN SKULL

When it was time for the final obligation we all stood and repeated the oath with the representative candidate, administered by the Sovereign Grand Inspector General. We then swore true allegiance to the Supreme Council of the 33rd Degree, above all other allegiances, and swore never to recognize any other brother as being a member of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry unless he also recognizes the Supreme authority of "this Supreme Council".

One of the Conductors then handed the "candidate" a human skull, upside down, with wine in it. "May this wine I now drink become a deadly poison to me, as the Hemlock juice drunk by Socrates, should I ever knowingly or willfully violate the same" (the oath).

He then drank the wine. A skeleton (one of the brothers dressed like one - he looked very convincing) then stepped out of the shadows and threw his arms around the "candidate." Then he (and we) continued the sealing of the obligation by saying, "And may these cold arms forever encircle me should I ever knowingly or willfully violate the same."

The Sovereign Grand Commander closed the meeting of the Supreme Council "with the Mystic Number," striking with his sword five, three, one and then two times. After the closing prayer, we all said "amen, amen, amen," and it was over.

PROMINENT MEN TOOK PART

There were some extremely prominent men there that day, including a Scandinavian King, two former presidents of the United States, an internationally prominent evangelist, two other internationally prominent clergymen, and a very high official of the federal government, the one who actually presented me with the certificate of the 33rd Degree. Some made only brief appearances; others stayed much longer. However, they didn't do much mixing or socializing with us, except for those whom they already knew. Even though these celebrities weren't extremely "brotherly," it was still quite an experience for me just to be associated with them. It was easily the largest gathering of such prominent and influential men of which I have ever been a part.

The third day there was a banquet to celebrate our becoming "Grand Inspectors General. 33rd Degree." The banquet was a little anticlimactic, at least for me, and I was anxious to get it over with so I could return home. It was good to be a 33rd at last. But it wasn't as exciting or fulfilling as I had thought it would be during all those years in the Craft. I guess this was because of the profound changes going on down deep within me.

I returned home as soon as the 33rd Degree award and related social functions were finished, for it was time for my next appointment with the doctor. After he had examined my eyes he said they were healing fine, that he felt good about the way they were looking, and as usual he spoke with me about the Lord. I told him that I planned to come to his church the next Sunday and that I had been reading the Bible.

Obviously pleased, he said, "Good. Keep studying, and your sight will soon be much better." By this time I knew what he meant - he was speaking of my spiritual sight.

MAUNDY THURSDAY

In the Scottish Rite the Thursday before Easter, "Maundy Thursday," is an important day. On this day we always performed a special service of Communion in the local Scottish Rite Temple. At this time I was Wise Master in the Chapter of Rose Croix and it was my job to preside over the exemplification (dramatization) of the ceremony. I had done this many times and was known for my knowledge of the service and for "doing a good job" of putting it on.

THE WORDS HAD MEANING NOW

On Thursday evening we gathered at our home Temple and dressed for the ceremony. It was always a most solemn occasion and seemed a little awesome, even to those of us who had done it many times.

Dressed in long, black, hooded robes, we marched in, single file, with only our faces partly showing, and took our seats.

There was something very tomb-like about the setting. The silence was broken only by the organ, playing mournfully in the background, and there was no light except for the little that came through the windows. After the opening prayer (from which the name of Jesus Christ was conspicuously excluded), I stood and opened the service.

As I had done so many times before, I said, "We meet this day to commemorate the death of our 'Most Wise and Perfect Master,' not as inspired or divine, for this is not for us to decide, but as at least the greatest of the apostles of mankind."

As I spoke these words that I had spoken so many times before, I had a strange and powerful experience. It was as if I were standing apart, listening to myself as I spoke, and the words echoed deep within me, shouting their significance. They were the same words I had spoken so many times before, but had meaning for me now. They made me sick, literally ill, and I stopped.

The realization of what I had just said grew within me like the rising of a crescendo. I had just called Jesus an "apostle of mankind" who was neither inspired nor divine! There was a silent pause that seemed to last a very long time as I struggled with a sick smothering within.

When I was finally able, I continued with the service and we gathered around a large table across the room in marching order. The table was long, shaped like a cross, and covered with a red cloth which was decorated down the center with roses.

A BLACK COMMUNION

Once we were assembled at the table, I elevated (lifted high) the plate of bread, took a piece, put my hand on the shoulder of the man in front of me, gave him the plate and said, "Take, eat, and give to the hungry."

This continued until all had partaken of the bread. Then I lifted up the goblet of wine, took a sip, and said, "Take, drink, and give to the thirsty."

Again, this continued until all had partaken of the wine.

Then I took the bread, walked over to the first row of spectators and served it to the man previously chosen for the honor of representing the rest of the Lodge

As I handed it to him I again said, "Take, eat, and give to the hungry."

In like manner I served the wine to him saying, "Take, drink, and give to the thirsty," and he sat down.

After this we took our places at the table shaped like a cross and sat down. The setting was dark, our long, sweeping robes were solid black, our faces nearly concealed in the hoods, and the mood was one of heavy gloom. The Christ-less prayers and the hymns we sang fit right in. The one word that would describe the entire event would be "black." It was, indeed, a Black Communion - a strange Black Mass.

EXTINGUISHING THE CANDLE

There was a large Menorah (candlestick with seven candle holders) in the center of the room, with seven candles now burning.

Standing again, I said, "This is indeed a sad day, for we have lost our Master. We may never see him again. He is dead! Mourn, weep and cry, for he is gone."

Then I asked the officers to extinguish the candles in the large Menorah. One by one they rose, walked to the center of the room, extinguished a selected candle and left the room.

Finally, with only the center candle still burning, I arose, walked sadly to the Menorah and extinguished the last candle - the candle representing the life of Jesus, our "Most Wise and Perfect Master." We had dramatized and commemorated the snuffing out of the life of Jesus, without once mentioning his name, and the scene ended with the room in deep silent darkness. I walked out of the room, leaving only the darkness and the stillness of death.

Once again, the single word best to describe it would be "black."

All through the service I was shaking and sick. I have never felt so sad. I had stumbled over the words but, somehow, I made it to the completion of the ceremony and went back to the dressing room. I still didn't know much about praying but felt that I had been sustained by the Lord through it all.

THE FINAL PARTING

Back in the dressing room we hung up our black, hooded robes, put our street clothes back on and prepared to leave. Less than two hours had passed since I arrived. But what had happened in that period of time had changed my life forever.

Still sick in my heart, I changed clothes without a word to anyone. The others asked me what was wrong. But I couldn't reply.

They reminded me that I had acted as Wise Master so many times before, that I was known for my smooth performance of it, and they asked what had gone wrong.

I was choking on the awful reality of what we had said and done, the way we had blasphemed the Lord, and the evil, black mockery we had made of His pure and selfless death. With weeping welling up within me. I could only shake my head in silence and walk out.

Mike was waiting for me at the door, expecting to get a ride home, and he asked, "What's the matter, Jim? Are you sick?"

Finally able to speak, I quietly replied, "No, Mike, I'm just sick of all this."

"IT ISN'T RIGHT"

I started down the wide steps in front of the large Scottish Rite Temple, realization and conviction growing within me, reached the bottom step and stopped. Turning around, I looked back at the huge, granite building and slowly studied the words, carved in the stone across the top of the entrance: "ANCIENT AND ACCEPTED SCOTTISH RITE OF FREEMASONRY."

Something came clearly into focus in my understanding and I made a decision. This crisis point in my life, one which had required so many years for me to reach, passed in seconds. The truth was revealed and the choice was made - a choice that would be the difference between darkness and light, death and life, one that would last for eternity. Looking up at those words I had walked under so many times, words of which I had been so proud, I spoke to myself out loud. It was as if I were the only man in the world as I heard myself say, slowly and deliberately, "It isn't ancient, it isn't Scottish, it isn't free, and it isn't right!"

INTO THE LIGHT

I turned away and walked into the parking lot, knowing that I would never return. As I walked into the deepening darkness of that springtime night, I was walking into the growing light of the living God. As the natural darkness closed around me, the supernatural light welled up within me. With every step I took, as the Temple receded behind me, I was more free.

"I will never return," I thought with each step. "I will never return, I will never return...."

The decision was made, the die was cast. From that night onward I would serve the true and living God, not the Great Architect of the Universe. I would exalt and learn of Him, not Osiris, Krishna or Demeter. I would seek and follow Jesus, not the will--the-wisp of "hidden wisdom."

I was walking, after such a long time, out of the darkness and into the light.

Footnote
1 This statement is an interesting contradiction with the Temple it adorns, as well as with the thousands of other such Masonic temples built around the World at a total cost of many billions of dollars.

A PERSONAL WORD FROM JIM

As this true story is closed, I would be greatly remiss if I did not make it clear that in my pre-Christian life I truly loved Freemasonry. I loved the men with whom I was associated in the Lodge and the men with whom I worked so hard in the degrees and bodies of the Scottish Rite. Most of all, I was so very sure that I was doing what was right and pleasing in the sight of the Great Architect of the Universe.

Never in all my years of dedicated service to Masonry did anyone in the Lodge witness to me about the love and saving grace of Jesus. The Lodge attended a church once each year as a group. Each time the pastor (who was himself a Mason) would introduce us to the congregation and then exalt the Craft, telling them about all our wonderful works. We usually left the church thinking of how wonderful we were and feeling sorry for all those in the church who were not Masons, participating in all our good deeds.

After having been witnessed to by my ophthalmologist for some time I read those simple, wonderful words of Jesus, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life." These words, so short and so sweet, went right through my heart. I looked in the Bible for more and I found blessed assurance everywhere I looked. Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, really loved me as a real Brother! He will do the same for you.

- Jim Shaw
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/33rd_Initiation.htm

Upvote 0

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Every Masonic Lodge is a temple of religion; and its teachings are instructions of religion.

- Albert Pike, 33rd degree
The majority of Masons today don't have a clue as to the true meaning of their rituals and symbols. And they certainly
freemasons1.jpg
cannot be called bad people. Misled, yes, and most really are the good natured philanthropists helping their community that we see outwardly. You see it is not required of initiates to ascend any higher than that of the third degree Master Mason. They know there are another 30 degrees if one wished to continue, but the initiation process is a tedious and drawn out affair (it might take a year to reach the third degree), which the participants, for the most part, are happy it's over with. For them it is good that they not continue. And that's just the way higher initiates, or adepts, like it.

"The Blue Degrees are but the court of portico (porch) of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the initiate, but he is intentionally mislead by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine that he understands them....their true explication is reserved for the Adept, the Princes of Masonry." (p. 819)

General Albert Pike wrote those words in a work called: Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, 1871. At the time his title was the Grand commander of the Supreme Council, of the Scottish Rite in Washington D.C. This book is revered by occult groups across the globe, and most masons have never read it, let alone understood it. If they did understand it, there's a good possibility they would leave the craft. It deals with the occult origins of the symbols, initiations, and rituals of Freemasonry. It is also a handbook for degree initiation, as it details them all up to the 33rd degree, which was invented by Pike himself, some say in order to have a higher degree than the president, who ceremoniously receives the 32nd degree if elected.

From the first degree, and initiation, the Mason is urged mightily to "seek the light!". The average Mason is continually saying that he is "seeking the light" and will spend his entire life "moving toward the light." Concerning this light that every mason is told to eagerly seek, Pike gives his answer; "Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!" (p. 321)

This is the task of the initiate in all Occult groups. The initiator shows the candidate his latent faculties, his dormant powers, and initiates him into their use. He explains or demonstrates to him how the candidate may awaken the static energy into dynamic power.

To hide these damning truths at the very heart of the mystery Pike said...the initiate is intentionally misled by false interpretations. Another esteemed Mason put it this way:

Freemasonry is a fraternity within a fraternity....an outer organization concealing an inner Brotherhood of the elect...it is necessary to establish the existence of these two separate and yet interdependent orders, the one visible the other invisible. The visible society is a splendid camaraderie of 'free and accepted' men enjoined to devote themselves to ethical, educational, fraternal, patriotic, and humanitarian concerns. The invisible society is a secret and most August fraternity whose members are dedicated to the service of a mysterious arcannum arcandrum. [defined as 'a secret, a mystery']

- Manly P Hall 33rd degree, Lectures on Ancient, p.433
"When a mason learns the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy."

- The Lost Key of Freemasonry, Manly P. Hall,33°, p.48]
The above quote may be surprising to some, but occultists have a clear concept of what Manly P. Hall was talking about. To them the true definition of occultism is the science of energy flow and energy relationships. Occult meditation is a means of consciously and purposefully directing energy from a recognized source to the creation of some specific effect.

Freemasonry has always, admittedly, held deep occult secrets which it hides from the "profane" and unworthy. One person who believed this to be true was Alice Ann Bailey. Her praise and admiration - she appeared to be almost in awe of the craft - was evident throughout all her works. A typical flattery can be found on p.511 of The Externalization of the Hierarchy:"...It is a far more occult organization that can be realized, and is intended to be a training school for coming advanced occultists. In its ceremonials lies hid the wielding forces connected with the growth and life of the kingdoms of nature and the divine aspects of man."

The Occult Revival

"Satanic Ritual is a blend of Gnostic, Cabbalistic, Hermetic, and Masonic elements, incorporating nomenclature and vibratory words of power from virtually every mythos .... Masonic orders have contained the most influential men in many governments, and virtually every occult order has many Masonic roots."

- Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Rituals, pp. 21, 78
The occult revival of the 20th century can be directly attributed to Freemasons: Theosophy, the New Age Movement, Satanism, Cabalistic Black Magic, Enochian Magic, Gerardian Wicca, Alexandrian Wicca and Sex Magic.

The Who's Who list of 20th century occultism (all Freemasons):

• Arthur Edward Waite - occult writer and Masonic historian.
  • Dr. Wynn Westcott - member of the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia and founding member of the occult Order of the Golden Dawn - the most influential magical society of the 19th - early 20th century.
  • S. L. MacGregor Mathers - co-founder of the Golden Dawn.
  • Aleister Crowley - master Satanist of this century and founder of the antichrist religion of Thelema, claimed to be "The Great Beast 666".
  • Dr. Gerard Encaussé - (Papus) masterful author, teacher of the Tarot and leader of the occult Martiniste society.
  • Dr. Theodore Reuss - head of the O.T.O., a German occult/satanic society which made Crowley its head for the British Isles.
  • George Pickingill - the Grand Master Witch of 19th century England, leader of the "Pickingill covens."
  • Annie Besant - leader of the occult Theosophical society and Co-Masonic hierarchy (Yes, there are female Masons!)
  • Alice Bailey - founder of the proto-New Age organization, Lucis (formerly Lucifer) Trust.
  • Bishop Charles W. Leadbetter - Theosophist, mentor to the failed New Age "Christ", Krishnamurti, and prelate in the occult Liberal Catholic Church.
  • Manly P. Hall - Rosicrucian adept, author, founder of the Philosophical Research Society.
  • Gerald B. Gardner - founder of the modern Wiccan (white Witchcraft) revival.
  • Alex Sanders - self-styled "King of the Witches" in London and one of the most influential leaders of Wicca after Gardner.
- Freemasonry the Witchcraft Connection
Theosophy

Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, 1831-1891 heralded the dawn of the New Age Movement. Her occult works are the foundation for many occult fraternities. After writing monumental works such as Isis Unveiled, and The Secret Doctrine, the Theosophical Society(1875) was formed to spread her teachings worldwide. She claimed to receive her revelations from Secret Chiefs, or disembodied Ascended Masters, who claimed to be aiding humanity evolve into a race of supermen. Freemasonry took notice and many soon claimed her to be an occult genius:

"The Secret Doctrine and Isis Unveiled are Madame Blavatsky's gifts to humanity, and to those whose vision can pierce the menacing clouds of imminent disaster it is no exaggeration to affirm that these writings are the most vital literary contribution to the modern world. No more can they be compared with other books than can the light of the sun be compared with the lamp of the glowworm. The Secret Doctrine assumes the dignity of a scripture, . . ."

- Manly P. Hall (33rd degree mason), The Phoenix, An Illustrated Review of Occultism and Philosophy, 1960 The Philosophical Research Society, p. 122
Blavatsky soon had a great host of admirers. The Theosophical Society had freemasons Henry Steel Olcott, George H. Felt appointed president and vice-president respectfully. Among the early members were high ranking masons Charles Sothern and Albert Pike (the most famous "Grand Pontiff" of them all).

In 1907 Annie Besant became president of the Theosophical Society. Besant earned the 33rd degree in Co-Masonry, an order that admits woman. Blavatsky before her was also bestowed an 'honorary degree' in Co-Masonry.

The beginnings of the modern New Age Movement began with search for their "own" messiah, as it were. Along with 33rd degree mason C.W. Leadbeater, Annie Beasant promoted a young adept as the messiah; Krisnamurti.

Alice Bailey and husband Foster (32nd degree mason) continued to interlock the workings of Theosophy with the aims of Freemasonry. Bailey, as founder of Lucis (Lucifer Trust) worked laboriously to fulfill the plan toward a New World Religion, which her master Djwhal Khul had said was the ultimate aim of Freemasonry. The Hierarchy had blessed both their beginnings, her master said.

O.T.O.: Ordo Templi Orientis

The O.T.O. founded at the beginning of the 20th century represents a reunification attempt to incorporate the traditions of the Freemasonic, Rosicrucian and Illuminist movements of the 18th and 19th centuries, the crusading Knights Templars of the middle ages and early Christian Gnosticism and the Pagan Mystery Schools.

The spiritual father of the OTO was Karl Kellner a wealthy Austrian paper chemist. Kellner was a student of Freemasonry, Rosicrucianism and Eastern mysticism. He developed adhesive to form an Academia Masonica which would enable all Freemasons to become familiar with all existing Masonic degrees and systems.

In 1895, Kellner decided that the Academia Masonica should be called the 'Oriental Templar Order'. The occult inner circle of this Order (OTO) would be organized parallel to the highest degrees of the Memphis and Mizraim Rites of Masonry, and would teach the esoteric Rosicrucian doctrines of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light, and Kellner's 'Key' to Masonic symbolism. Possession of the various degrees of Craft and High-Grade Freemasonry would be a prerequisite for admission to the Inner Circle of OTO.

Theodor Reuss, Kellner's partner, was granted the charter to perform three systems of high-grade Freemasonry known as the Antient and Primitive Rite of Memphis of 97°, the Ancient Oriental Rite of Mizraim of 90°, and the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of 33°. With the incorporation of these rites, the Order was enabled to operate as a completely independent Masonic system.

John Symonds, the official biographer of Aleister Crowley, tells us that "the letters of O.T.O. stand for Ordo Templi Orientis or Order of the Templars, an occult society which was founded in Germany at the beginning of this century. Its leaders were well-known Grand Masters of Masonry, such as Franz Hartmann, Heinrich Klein, and Karl Kellner. They had decided to found the O.T.O after the Viennese Karl Kellner had returned from an extensive tour in the East (where he had been initiated by the Arab fakir, Soliman ben Aifa, and the Indian yogis, Bhima Sen Pratap and Sri Mahatma Agamya Guru Paramahamsa) and had expounded the mysteries of yoga and the left-hand path which he called 'sexual magic'. Thus, in 1902, the Ordo Templi Orientis was constituted for an inner circle of adepts who, in the light of this new and exciting knowledge, found the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of masonry rather tame, and the ninety-seven degrees of the tiresome Rite of Memphis quite unnecessary."

The O.T.O has also claimed, "Our Order possesses the KEY which opens up all Masonic and Hermetic secrets, namely, the teaching of sexual magic, and this teaching explains, without exception, all the secrets of nature, all the symbolism of FREEMASONRY and all systems of religion".

"Masonry makes no profession of Christianity.. but looks forward to the time when the labor of our ancient brethren shall be symbolized by the erection of a spiritual temple.. in which there shall be but one altar and one worship; one common altar of Masonry on which the Veda, Shatra, Sade, Zeda-Avesta, Koran and the Holy Bible shall at who's shrine the Hindu, the Persian, the Assyrian, the Chaldean, the Egyptian, the Chinese, the Mohammedan, the Jew and the Christian may kneel."

- The Kentucky Monitor Fellowcraft Degree p. 95
".... the literal meaning (of the Bible) is for the vulgar only."

- Albert Pike Digest of Morals and Dogma, p. 166
"What is True to the philosopher, would not be truth, nor have the effect of truth, to the peasant. The religion of many must necessarily be more incorrect than that of the refined and reflected few.. The truest religion would in many points , not be comprehended by the ignorant.. The doctrines of the Bible are often not clothed in the language of strict truth, but in that which was fittest to convey to a rude and ignorant people.. the doctrine."

- Albert Pike Morals and Dogma, 14th Degree, p. 224
"The true name of Satan, the Kabalists say, is that of Yahweh reversed; for Satan is not a black god.. for the initiates this is not a Person, but a force, created for good, but which may serve for evil. It is the instrument of liberty and free will."

- Albert Pike Morals and Dogma, Master Mason / 3rd Degree p. 102
"Masonry is a search for light. That light. That search leads us back, as you see, to the Kabala. In that ancient and little understood (source book) the infinite will find the source of many doctrines; and (he) may in time come to understand the Hermetic philosophers, the Alchemists, all the Anti-papal Thinkers of the Middle Ages, and Emanuel Swedenborg."

- Albert Pike Morals and Dogma, 28th Degree p. 741
"All truly dogmatic religions have issued from the Kabala and return to it; everything scientific and grand in the religious dreams of the Illuminati, Jacob Boeheme, Swedenborg, Saint Martin, and others is borrowed from the Kabala; all Masonic associations owe to it their secrets and their symbols."

- Albert Pike Morals and Dogma, 28th Degree p. 747
"Though Masonry is identical with the ancient Mysteries, it is so only in this qualified sense: that it presents but an imperfect image of their brilliancy, the ruins of their grandeur .."

- Albert Pike Morals and Dogma, Fellowcraft Degree p.22
"Masonry, successor to the Mysteries (Babel, Mythras, Tummuz, Wicca, etc.) still follows the ancient manor of teaching."

- Albert Pike Morals and Dogma Fellowcraft Degree p.22
"These two divinities (Sun and Moon, Osiris and Isis, etc) were commonly symbolized by the generative parts of a man and a woman; to which in remote ages no idea of indecency was attached ; the Phallus (penis) and the Cteis (vagina), emblems of generation and production, and which, as such appeared in the Mysteries (I believe Masonry is the revival of these). The Indian Lingam was the union of both, as were the boat and mast and the point within the circle."

- Albert Pike Morals and Dogma, 24th Degree, p. 401
"If your wife child, or friend should ask you anything about your invitation - as for instance, if your clothes were taken off, if you were blind folded, if you had a rope tied around you neck, etc, you must conceal.. hence of course you must deliberately lie about it. It is part of your obligation .."

Ibid p. 74
Question: "what makes you a Freemason ? Answer: My obligation."

- question and answer from the Entered Apprentice/First Degree
".. binding myself under no less penalty that of having throat cut from ear to ear, my tongue torn out by its roots, and my body buried in the rough sands of the sea, a cable length from the shore where the tide.."

- from the oath of obligation Entered Apprentice/First Degree
".. binding myself under no less penalty than having my left Breast torn open, my heart plucked out, and given to the beasts of the field and fowls of the air as prey."

- from the oath of obligation, Fellowcraft/Second Degree
".. binding myself under no less penalty that of having my body severed in twain, my bowels taken out and burned to ashes, the ashes scattered to the four winds of heaven.."

- from the oath of obligation, Master Mason / Third Degree
" .. in willful violation whereof may I incur the fearful penalty of having my eyeballs pierced to thru center with a three edged blade, my feet flayed and forced to walk the hot sands upon the sterile shores of the red sea until the flaming Sun shall strike with a livid plague, and my Allah the god of Arab, Moslem and Mohammedan, the god of our fathers, support me to the entire fulfillment of the same."

- from the oath of obligation, Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine ("Shriners")
"You must conceal all the crimes of your brother Masons... and should you be summoned as a witness against a brother Mason be always sure to shield him.. It may be perjury to do this, it is true, but your keeping your obligations."

- Ronayne, Handbook of Masonry p. 183
"We shall unleash the Nihilists and atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirit will from that moment be without a compass (direction), anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the pure light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view, a manifestation which will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

- Albert Pike, on a plan for world conquest, written in a letter to Mazzini dated August 15, 1871 p. 183
"..Thirty-third degree Freemason Albert Pike (1809-1891), the man destined to develop the Luciferian Doctrine for the Masonic hierarchy, could not accept the Lucifer and Satan were the same personality. While teaching his beliefs to a select few in the Supreme Council, Pike became the most powerful Mason in the world. Although an obscure general in the Confederate Army during the American Civil War, he was hardly inconspicuous in Freemasonry. From 1859 until his death in 1891, Pike occupied simultaneously the positions of Grand Master of the Central Directory at Washington, D.C., Grand Commander of the Supreme Council at Charleston, S.C., and Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry. He was an honorary member of almost every Supreme Council in the world, personally receiving 130 Masonic degrees. Pike also was one of the most physically and morally repulsive individuals in American history. Weighing well over three hundred pounds, his sexual proclivity was to sit naked astride a phallic throne in the woods, accompanied by a gang of prostitutes. To these orgies he would bring one or more wagon loads of food and liquor, most of which he would consume over a period of two days until he passed into a stupor. In his adopted state of Arkansas, Pike was well known as a practitioner of Satanism, Portraits of his later years show him wearing a symbol of the Baphomet around his neck."

- Scarlet and the Beast, John Daniel, vol 1 p. 183
"Masonry gives rogues and evil-minded characters an opportunity of visiting upon their devoted victim, all the ills attending combined power, when exerted to accomplish destruction. It works unseen, at all silent hours, and secret times and places; and, like death when summoning his diseases, pounces upon its devoted subject, and lays him prostrate in the dust. Like the great enemy of man, it has shown its cloven foot, and put the public upon its guard against its secret machinations."

- CAPT. WM. MORGAN'S ILLUSTRATIONS OF MASONRY, 1827
"It is generally agreed that the biggest single influence in the modern expansion of ritual magic, and the occult explosion in general, in the Western world, was the Golden Dawn. This magical fraternity, founded by Freemasons at the end of the 19th century, developed a complex ritual system with ten degrees of initiation relating to the Cabalistic Sephiroth." (World renown witches, Janet and Stewart Farrar, authors of A Witches Bible Compleat)

- Janet and Stewart Farrar, The Life and Times of A Modern Witch, Phoenix Publishing Company, p. 121

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/Freemasonry.htm

Upvote 0

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
That is a quote from the book The Deadly Deception right?
The author of the book thought Freemasonry was a religion, so of course he was very dissapointed. It is a Fraternity of People interested in philosophy, religion, philanthropy, and science.
I would like to see the actuall 33rd degree ritual in print. Do you have it?

Upvote 0

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
this did not give you the info you needed?

The House of the Temple is quite impressive - a bit awesome, really. Standing large, grey and silent on the east side of Northwest 16th Street, between "R" and "S" Streets, it looms very wide and tall from the curb. There is a huge expanse of granite pavement in front of it, including three levels of narrowing steps as the entrance is approached. Flanking the entrance are two Sphinx-like granite lions with women's heads, the neck of one entwined by a cobra and decorated with the "ankh" (the Egyptian symbol of life and deity).

Adorning the neck and breast of the other is an image of a women, symbolic of fertility and procreation. In the pavement, just in front of the tall bronze doors, are two Egyptian swords with curved, serpentine blades and, between the two swords, brass letters, set into stone, saying, "The Temple of the Supreme Council of the Thirty-Third and Last Degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite."

Over the tall, bronze doors, cut into the stone, is the statement, "Freemasonry Builds Its Temples in the Hearts of Men and Among Nations." (1)

High above the entrance, partially concealed by stone columns, is an elaborate image of the Egyptian sun god, backed with radiating sun and flanked by six large, golden snakes.

Inside is elegance: polished marble, exotic wood, gold and statuary. There are offices, a library, dining room, kitchen, Council Room, "Temple Room" and a large meeting room. This room is like a luxurious theater, rather elegantly furnished and decorated.

The ceiling is dark blue, with lights set into it to give the appearance of stars. These lights can even be made to "twinkle" like stars in the sky. There is a stage, well-equipped, and it is all very nicely done. But the thing that is most noticeable is the way the walls are decorated with serpents. There are all kinds; some very long and large. Many of the Scottish Rite degrees include the representation of serpents and I recognized them among those decorating the walls.

It was all most impressive and gave me a strange mixture of the sensations of being in a temple and in a tomb - something sacred but threatening. I saw busts of outstanding men of the Rite including two of Albert Pike, who is buried there in the wall.

INTERVIEWED BY THE SUPREME COUNCIL

The first day was devoted to registration, briefings and interviews. We were called into one of the offices, one at a time, and interviewed by three members of the Supreme Council.

When my turn came I was ushered into the office and seated. The very first question I was asked was, "Of what religion are you?" Not long before this I would have answered with something like, "I believe the Ancient Mysteries, the 'Old Religion,' and I believe in reincarnation." However, without thinking at all about how to answer, I found myself saying, "I am a Christian."

Then, to my sup rise and theirs, I asked them, "Are you men born again?" The man in charge quickly stopped me by saying, "We're not here to talk about that - we are here to ask you questions."

After they sent me back out I sat down and thought about it. When the next man came out, I asked him, "Did they ask you if you are a Christian?" He said, "Yes, they did."

"What did you tell them?" I asked, and he replied, "I told them 'Hell no, and I never intend to be!'"

Then he said a strange thing to me, "They said I'm going higher," and he left through a different door, looking pleased.

BECOMING A SOVEREIGN GRAND INSPECTOR GENERAL

The second day was the day of the actual initiation, held in the theater-like meeting room. Those of us who were receiving the degree were seated and the ceremony was "exemplified" (acted out in full costume) before us, in the same way that we had performed the lesser degrees of the Scottish Rite all those years. The parts in the exemplification were played by men of the 33rd Degree.

The representative candidate was dressed in black trousers, barefooted, bareheaded and draped in a long, black robe that reminded me of a very long, black raincoat. He had a black cable tow around his neck but was not hoodwinked. During the initiation he was led around the stage, conducted by two men with swords, as the degree was performed for us.

Instructions and signs were given. Upon the altar were four "holy books" (the Bible, the Koran, the Book of the Law and the Hindu Scriptures). At one point the "candidate" was told to kiss the book "of your religion" and, representing us all, he leaned forward and did so. I remembered the First Degree initiation, when I was told to kiss the Bible, and at that moment something came full cycle. It was the final such kiss to be a part of my life.

WINE IN A HUMAN SKULL

When it was time for the final obligation we all stood and repeated the oath with the representative candidate, administered by the Sovereign Grand Inspector General. We then swore true allegiance to the Supreme Council of the 33rd Degree, above all other allegiances, and swore never to recognize any other brother as being a member of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry unless he also recognizes the Supreme authority of "this Supreme Council".

One of the Conductors then handed the "candidate" a human skull, upside down, with wine in it. "May this wine I now drink become a deadly poison to me, as the Hemlock juice drunk by Socrates, should I ever knowingly or willfully violate the same" (the oath).

He then drank the wine. A skeleton (one of the brothers dressed like one - he looked very convincing) then stepped out of the shadows and threw his arms around the "candidate." Then he (and we) continued the sealing of the obligation by saying, "And may these cold arms forever encircle me should I ever knowingly or willfully violate the same."

The Sovereign Grand Commander closed the meeting of the Supreme Council "with the Mystic Number," striking with his sword five, three, one and then two times. After the closing prayer, we all said "amen, amen, amen," and it was over.

PROMINENT MEN TOOK PART

There were some extremely prominent men there that day, including a Scandinavian King, two former presidents of the United States, an internationally prominent evangelist, two other internationally prominent clergymen, and a very high official of the federal government, the one who actually presented me with the certificate of the 33rd Degree. Some made only brief appearances; others stayed much longer. However, they didn't do much mixing or socializing with us, except for those whom they already knew. Even though these celebrities weren't extremely "brotherly," it was still quite an experience for me just to be associated with them. It was easily the largest gathering of such prominent and influential men of which I have ever been a part.

The third day there was a banquet to celebrate our becoming "Grand Inspectors General. 33rd Degree." The banquet was a little anticlimactic, at least for me, and I was anxious to get it over with so I could return home. It was good to be a 33rd at last. But it wasn't as exciting or fulfilling as I had thought it would be during all those years in the Craft. I guess this was because of the profound changes going on down deep within me.

I returned home as soon as the 33rd Degree award and related social functions were finished, for it was time for my next appointment with the doctor. After he had examined my eyes he said they were healing fine, that he felt good about the way they were looking, and as usual he spoke with me about the Lord. I told him that I planned to come to his church the next Sunday and that I had been reading the Bible.

Obviously pleased, he said, "Good. Keep studying, and your sight will soon be much better." By this time I knew what he meant - he was speaking of my spiritual sight.

MAUNDY THURSDAY

In the Scottish Rite the Thursday before Easter, "Maundy Thursday," is an important day. On this day we always performed a special service of Communion in the local Scottish Rite Temple. At this time I was Wise Master in the Chapter of Rose Croix and it was my job to preside over the exemplification (dramatization) of the ceremony. I had done this many times and was known for my knowledge of the service and for "doing a good job" of putting it on.

THE WORDS HAD MEANING NOW

On Thursday evening we gathered at our home Temple and dressed for the ceremony. It was always a most solemn occasion and seemed a little awesome, even to those of us who had done it many times.

Dressed in long, black, hooded robes, we marched in, single file, with only our faces partly showing, and took our seats.

There was something very tomb-like about the setting. The silence was broken only by the organ, playing mournfully in the background, and there was no light except for the little that came through the windows. After the opening prayer (from which the name of Jesus Christ was conspicuously excluded), I stood and opened the service.

As I had done so many times before, I said, "We meet this day to commemorate the death of our 'Most Wise and Perfect Master,' not as inspired or divine, for this is not for us to decide, but as at least the greatest of the apostles of mankind."

As I spoke these words that I had spoken so many times before, I had a strange and powerful experience. It was as if I were standing apart, listening to myself as I spoke, and the words echoed deep within me, shouting their significance. They were the same words I had spoken so many times before, but had meaning for me now. They made me sick, literally ill, and I stopped.

The realization of what I had just said grew within me like the rising of a crescendo. I had just called Jesus an "apostle of mankind" who was neither inspired nor divine! There was a silent pause that seemed to last a very long time as I struggled with a sick smothering within.

When I was finally able, I continued with the service and we gathered around a large table across the room in marching order. The table was long, shaped like a cross, and covered with a red cloth which was decorated down the center with roses.

A BLACK COMMUNION

Once we were assembled at the table, I elevated (lifted high) the plate of bread, took a piece, put my hand on the shoulder of the man in front of me, gave him the plate and said, "Take, eat, and give to the hungry."

This continued until all had partaken of the bread. Then I lifted up the goblet of wine, took a sip, and said, "Take, drink, and give to the thirsty."

Again, this continued until all had partaken of the wine.

Then I took the bread, walked over to the first row of spectators and served it to the man previously chosen for the honor of representing the rest of the Lodge

As I handed it to him I again said, "Take, eat, and give to the hungry."

In like manner I served the wine to him saying, "Take, drink, and give to the thirsty," and he sat down.

After this we took our places at the table shaped like a cross and sat down. The setting was dark, our long, sweeping robes were solid black, our faces nearly concealed in the hoods, and the mood was one of heavy gloom. The Christ-less prayers and the hymns we sang fit right in. The one word that would describe the entire event would be "black." It was, indeed, a Black Communion - a strange Black Mass.

EXTINGUISHING THE CANDLE

There was a large Menorah (candlestick with seven candle holders) in the center of the room, with seven candles now burning.

Standing again, I said, "This is indeed a sad day, for we have lost our Master. We may never see him again. He is dead! Mourn, weep and cry, for he is gone."

Then I asked the officers to extinguish the candles in the large Menorah. One by one they rose, walked to the center of the room, extinguished a selected candle and left the room.

Finally, with only the center candle still burning, I arose, walked sadly to the Menorah and extinguished the last candle - the candle representing the life of Jesus, our "Most Wise and Perfect Master." We had dramatized and commemorated the snuffing out of the life of Jesus, without once mentioning his name, and the scene ended with the room in deep silent darkness. I walked out of the room, leaving only the darkness and the stillness of death.

Once again, the single word best to describe it would be "black."

All through the service I was shaking and sick. I have never felt so sad. I had stumbled over the words but, somehow, I made it to the completion of the ceremony and went back to the dressing room. I still didn't know much about praying but felt that I had been sustained by the Lord through it all.

THE FINAL PARTING

Back in the dressing room we hung up our black, hooded robes, put our street clothes back on and prepared to leave. Less than two hours had passed since I arrived. But what had happened in that period of time had changed my life forever.

Still sick in my heart, I changed clothes without a word to anyone. The others asked me what was wrong. But I couldn't reply.

They reminded me that I had acted as Wise Master so many times before, that I was known for my smooth performance of it, and they asked what had gone wrong.

I was choking on the awful reality of what we had said and done, the way we had blasphemed the Lord, and the evil, black mockery we had made of His pure and selfless death. With weeping welling up within me. I could only shake my head in silence and walk out.

Mike was waiting for me at the door, expecting to get a ride home, and he asked, "What's the matter, Jim? Are you sick?"

Finally able to speak, I quietly replied, "No, Mike, I'm just sick of all this."

Upvote 0

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I want to know if you have ever read the 33d degree ritual yourself. Can you provide us with a copy. Morals and Dogma is available online and it is a survey of religious thought through out the ages as interpreted by a nineteenth century man. It is full of his opinions. As stated in the preamble to the 33 degree in my OP, Freemasonry is not a religion.

Reactions: ravenscape
Upvote 0

witwoa

Mar 10, 2005
✟135.00
Faith
Other Religion
masons dont know what they are but there are places you can learn

wow i leave for 2 week and boom this guy is gone i use to enjoy reading his post but i see he has not posted in some time i see his post at this ofther site but also there he stopped arond the same time

of all these stood out these two are a short history lesson about the masons

http://www.dubaibuzz.com/shadows/nwo1.rm

http://www.dubaibuzz.com/shadows/nwo2.rm

pope calls for new world order

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/01/01/pope.ny.ap/http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/e.../01/pope.ny.ap/

bush and others calls for new world order

http://www.prisonplanet.com/bushsnNWO.mpa

http://www.prisonplanet.com/hart2.mpa

http://www.prisonplanet.com/quayle-CNN.mpa

http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/nwo.htm

how about these symbols

http://thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr/nwo.htm

http://www.infowars.com/articles/nw...i_hand_sign.htm

bush and his pagan worship

http://www.prisonplanet.com/120603darksecrets.html

http://www.fourwinds10.com/news/05-...mian-grove.html

http://www.cremationofcare.com/illu_molech.htm

proof muslims were not behind 911

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/audio/091204hilton.htm

http://fyleserva.com/video/lonegunmen_pilot.WMV

http://infowars.com/print/Sept11/long_kiss.htm

mark of the beast

http://www.tldm.org/News4/MarkoftheBeast.htm

http://www.4verichip.com/

http://www.adsx.com/prodservpart/verichip.html

other site

http://www.bilderberg.org/skulbone.htm

Originally Posted by Anjum

From The Shadows Part 1

http://www.dubaibuzz.com/shadows/nwo1.rm

From The Shadow Part 2

Left Click here for Streaming (Real Audio)

http://www.dubaibuzz.com/shadows/nwo2.rm

Upvote 0

Myah

Invoking Wisdom
Dec 8, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟8,583.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
DrFate said:
I want to know if you have ever read the 33d degree ritual yourself. Can you provide us with a copy. Morals and Dogma is available online and it is a survey of religious thought through out the ages as interpreted by a nineteenth century man. It is full of his opinions. As stated in the preamble to the 33 degree in my OP, Freemasonry is not a religion.

Freemasonry isn't a religion. My grandfather was a Mason, but he was also a Baptist minister. My Uncle is a Mason, and he is also a Baptist Minister. My mother is a Daughter of the Evening Star and she is a Catholic. Two of my cousins are Demolays, one is Church of Christ and the other is also Catholic.

Upvote 0

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
The author is not a reliable source. His judgment is of dubious quality. He tried to make an International Interfaith Fraternity that clearly states that it is not a religion into his religion. He was disappointed with the predictable dismal results. Decker wants to sell books and gain notoriety about and from his embarassing adventure.
BTW The description of the Federal Building in Downtown Seattle is also pretty "religiously impressive.

So Who can give us an actual copy of the 33 degree ritual. I gave you the intro to the degree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
revelations12_12 said:
that seems to be step by step what he did.
No that isnt what he did.

Here is an example of what I am looking for, minus the floor work. This is part of a Jobs Daughters ritual. I would post the entire thing but it is twice as long as the space allowed by the forum.

Jobs Daughters Initiation Ritual
This is a shortened version of the initiation ritual for Jobs daughters that was scanned from the Ritual handbook. I took out the instructions for floor work because I do not think you are interested in it. The numbers that appear now and then are page numbers from the ritual book.

CEREMONY OF INITIATION
No one except those designated in the Ceremony of Initiation shall enter or leave the Bethel Room during this ceremony.

Lights may be dimmed during the prayer in the Third Epoch; they shall not be dimmed at any other time during the Ceremony of Initiation.

The Marshal shall see that there are printed copies of the Lord's Prayer, the Golden Rule and the Ten Commandments in the Preparation Room. One member of the Preparation Committee shall read these to the candidates before the Guide and Marshal enter the Preparation Room. Candidates shall be instructed to answer "I do" to all questions.

The Preparation Committee will demonstrate for the candidates the attitude of prayer, correct kneeling position, turning square corners, bowing head when name is mentioned and the proper way to introduce parents when requested to do so by the Honored Queen. Signs and responses are not disclosed to the candidates at this time. The Promoter of Sociability will assist as needed.
Candidates are lined up according to height; their names are listed on paper in same order and given to Guide when she enters the Preparation Room.

HONORED QUEEN: (Standing) Ceremony
of Initiation.

HONORED QUEEN: Inner Guard (rises) are there candidates in waiting?
INNER GUARD: (Faces west) Outer Guard, are there candidates in waiting?
OUTER GUARD: Inner Guard, there (number) candidates waiting to be instructed in our lessons.
INNER GUARD: Honored Queen, the Outer Guard reports that (number) candidates are waiting to be instructed in our lessons.
HONORED QUEEN: Guide, Marshal, you will retire and present the candidates for the Ceremony of Initiation. March music.

(Page 93 -Plate 22)
HONORED QUEEN: Inner Guard you will admit the Preparation Committee, all members and visitors who have been properly vouched for.
Honored Queen is seated.
Inner Guard goes to door and gives raps. Otter Guard responds with raps and opens door.
INNER GUARD: (Faces west) Outer Guard, the Preparation Committee, all members and visitors who have been properly vouched for may be admitted.

INNER GUARD: (Rises) Honored Queen
an alarm at the door of the preparation Room tells us there are candidates ready for the Ceremony of Initiation.
HONORED QUEEN: You will answer the
Alarm and admit the candidates.
March music: "Close to Thee" (may be sung)

GUIDE: My friends, the International Order of Job's Daughters is an organization created for the purpose of banding together young women who believe in God and the teachings of the Holy Bible. You have been selected for membership because we believe that you will enter into the spirit of our endeavors and become faithful with us.
I must inform you that there is nothing in our ceremony which will embarrass you. It is your duty to attend strictly to the lessons which are taught and strive to live accordingly.
Before being admitted to membership in our Bethel you are required to answer certain questions. Attend strictly and answer each truly. (Candidates are required to answer "I do" to all questions.)
Do you believe in the Almighty Power of the One Living God?
Do you believe in the Ten Commandments?
Do you believe in the Lord's Prayer as a daily supplication to God?
Do you love the Flag of your Nation and the government for which it stands?
Do you promise not to divulge the secret work of Job's Daughters?
Do you now agree to join with us in

promoting love and respect for all worthy persons, especially our elders?
Be watchful and attentive to our lessons that they may be deeply engraved upon your hearts and minds.

GUIDE: Honored Queen (rises), it is my pleasure to present to you (give full name of each pilgrim), who have thus far complied with our rules and are now prepared for the Ceremony of Initiation.
HONORED QUEEN: Pilgrims, we extend to you a fraternal greeting. Heed well what you shall hear.

All Daughters sing "Behold, We Are the Daughters of Job."

HONORED QUEEN: We read in the Book of Job that "In all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job." This is the passage upon which Job's Daughters is founded. In our lessons we strive to teach that to be fair is to do good. We are all daughters of one God, and by the most intimate ties we are related to the Masonic Fraternity, that organization which stands for the brotherhood of humanity. While Job's Daughters is no part of this fraternity, there
is a great work for us to do. We must learn and practice reverence for God, loyalty to our Flag, respect for our elders and love for all the world.
In the story of Job we learn that if amid all

the temptations of life we remain faithful to our Creator, we will be enriched with His blessings. Before you continue your journey, you are required to take a solemn obligation to remain faithful to our teachings. This will be communicated by our Chaplain. Guide and Marshal, you will conduct the pilgrims west of the Altar. Honored Queen remains standing.

HONORED QUEEN: Daughters, you will rise. Chaplain, you will attend at the Altar. Altar music: "Holy, Holy, Holy" (may be sung). Lights are not dimmed for the Obligation. Chaplain marches to Altar and remains standing. (Page 43 -Plate 11)

CHAPLAIN: This solemn pledge is to be freely given by you, and I trust you will throughout your lives remember this scene

and the words you here repeat. This pledge is shared by all of us, so the Obligation you are about to assume is a privilege and a benefit. You will repeat after me:
Chaplain kneels and gives Secret Work No.2. Officers and members assume attitude of prayer when Chaplain places hands together, palm to palm, fingers pointing upward. Chaplain does not close eyes nor bow head when giving Obligation to pilgrims. After Obligation, Chaplain and pilgrims bow heads and remain kneeling until response has been sung.
All Daughters sing "Lord, Have Mercy upon Us" or "Blessed Father, I Have Promised" or "We Pledge Our Hearts." Refer to Music Ritual.
After the response Guide and Marshal assist pilgrims to rise as Chaplain rises. Chaplain returns to her station. Altar music. One rap of gavel.
HONORED QUEEN: (Standing) Junior Princess (rises), these pilgrims are seeking to share in our ambitions and our labors of love. They believe in those things which make for a better and happier world. I find them worthy of the confidence we are about to repose in them.
The lessons of the First Epoch are to be taught under your direction. Honored Queen is seated.

First Epoch
JUNIOR PRINCESS: Guide and Marshal, you will conduct the. pilgrims east of the Altar for the lectures of the First and Second Messengers. Junior Princess is seated.

March music: "Love Divine."
GUIDE: First Messenger (rises), you will begin the story of the life of Job for these pilgrims.
FIRST MESSENGER: On the edge of an Arabian desert, there
lived centuries ago, a man whose name was Job. He was a pious and upright man who loved and feared God and turned away from all evil. God, in His goodness, blessed this man with great riches.
With his wife, seven sons and three daughters, he lived in the valley in peace, happi ness and plenty. His vast estates stretched
many miles over the plains and into the hills where grazed his countless flocks of sheep.
Dotting the landscape in the lowlands, and shaded by giant palms, were the homes of his sons.
At the close of each day it was the custom of the younger members of this happy family to feast at one oftheir homes. Job, not wishing to impose the gravity of his years upon the festivities, remained at his own home in peace. Job feared that his children, in their worldly pleasures and untold wealth, might forget or turn away from God. By regular
hours of worship he taught his family to share in his righteousness.
In the Heavenly Council God commended the piety of his faithful servant Job. The Adversary, whose mission was to test the faith of the people of the earth, accused Job of being pious because God had blessed him with great wealth and extensive estates and possessions. He declared that if God should, take away Job's riches, his piety and reverence would turn to hate. God permitted the
Adversary to try Job's faith, but warned him. not to do bodily harm to Job. So the Adversary set forth on his mission.

GUIDE: Second Messenger (rises), you will continue the story of the life of Job.
SECOND MESSENGER:Job was happy for his children were about
him. The days faded into evening, and he looked out on the peaceful land and watched the stars as they came forth in silent procession. He silently glorified the Great Hand which controls the universe.
But there came a day when the Adversary struck Job with his wrath. Messengers falling at Job's :feet told him of disaster following disaster; his flocks destroyed by lightning; his beasts of.burden carried away by plunderIng trIbes;. his servants put to the

sword; and finally, the death of his sons and daughters by a mighty wind which laid low the homes of feasting and pleasure.
Job, in anguish, cast himself upon the ground, laying his forehead in the dust.
The Adversary watched, ever ready to return to his Master with the story of Job's fall from his faith in God. In spite of his misfortunes, Job remained steadfast and continued to worship God.
Again the. Adversary approached the throne saying, "All that a man hath will he give for his life. Put forth Thine hand and touch his flesh and he will turn from Thee." God answered, "He is in thine hand, but save his life."
The Adversary went forth. Job's suffering was intense. He was banished from the habitations of man. Yet, in his suffering and misfortune, he remained faithful to God, saying, "Shall we receive good at the hand of God and not expect to receive evil?"
Guide and Marshal, you will conduct the pilgrims to the Junior Princess. March music: "Love Divine."
GUIDE: Junior Princess (rises), these pilgrims have passed through the ceremony of the First Epoch and are now prepared for further instruction.
Junior Custodian rises when Guide addresses Junior Princess, turns and picks up the Dove with both hands and stands facing directly west.
JUNIOR PRINCESS: We hope that the lessons of this Epoch have been deeply impressed upon you, and that they will be carried with you forever. Remember the pious and prosperous Job, passing in peace over his vast estates, ever stopping to give a word of cheer to his servants. Hear him bless his children and pray that they may continue to live in the fear of God.
When the shades of night begin to fall, he goes forth into the gathering gloom and hears God's voice in the waters of the river, in the song of the night birds and in all nature. He looks toward the homes of his sons, and as one by one the candle lights are extinguished, he offers a silent prayer that the morrow will be the same as today - full of love, peace and plenty.
Then, as a storm out of the southland, comes blow after blow on the head of this pious man. His wealth is swept away, his family is destroyed and his body is torn with pains of disease. Yet, in his hour of trial when all the world seemed to forsake him, he

remained God's faithful servant. Job was steadfast.
We learn from this Epoch always to remain faithful to God in our every thought, word and act, no matter what earthly trials we may be called upon to endure. Be steadfast, practice love, dispense light, shun falsehood and believe only in the truth.
The rest of the ritual has to bo ommitted for space reasons.

But you get the Idea of what I am looking for, that is the actual ritual.

,_

Upvote 0

Robert the Pilegrim

Senior Veteran
Nov 21, 2004
✟17,687.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
revelations12_12 said:
INTO THE LIGHT
[...]
THE HIGHEST MASONIC DEGREE

Easter was approaching and one quiet morning I was at home recuperating from the second operation when the doorbell rang. It was a special delivery letter from the Supreme Council in Washington, notifying me that I had been selected for the 33rd Degree.
[...]

[...]
WINE IN A HUMAN SKULL

[...]

PROMINENT MEN TOOK PART

There were some extremely prominent men there that day, including a Scandinavian King, two former presidents of the United States, an internationally prominent evangelist, two other internationally prominent clergymen, and a very high official of the federal government, the one who actually presented me with the certificate of the 33rd Degree. Some made only brief appearances; others stayed much longer. However, they didn't do much mixing or socializing with us, except for those whom they already knew.
[...]
Ah, the conspiracy archive's New World Order collection.
Does that include the story about how Bush Sr. lost his reelection because he uttered the words "New World Order" in a speach?
Do they have the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
Ah, a quick look at google reveals the Truth(tm)!
The Jesuits wrote the Protocols.

Is the lack of direction in the world really that scary that you need to delve into these types of writings?

If God thought that having pure goodness and light right here and now was that important, he would make is occur. He doesn't, he leaves us our choices and we have made a pretty mess of it. It is just ordinary foolishness and greed, not grand conspiracies that has made a mess of the world.

Upvote 0

Roughashlar

Nov 25, 2004
Milton Keynes
✟15,156.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
revelations12_12 said:
INTO THE LIGHT

The hurricane came and went without any harm to us... <snip>...

- Jim Shaw

revelations12_12

You should be aware that Jim Shaw's book 'The Deadly Deception', in which he claims to be admitted to the 33rd degree has been proven (as much as anything ever can be proven) to be lies. More information available at http://www.srmason-sj.org/web/SRpublications/deHoyos-chapter5.htm

The only deception going on here is the deception that Shaw foists on his readers.

There has been much foolishness written and spoken about freemasonry in general, and the 33rd Degree of the A&A in particular, and the internet enables this foolishness to be endlessly copied and regurgitated ad nauseam as if it were fact. Misquotes and out of context citings of Albert Pike are probably among the most commonly posted items as evidence of the inherent wrong-ness of freemasonry.

There is no evil anywhere in freemasonry, in fact in the UK one has to be a Trinitarian Christian to join the A&A in the first place.

Freemasonry is a strong supporter of the christian faith through its christian members, I should know - I am one. Don't believe all you read on the internet!!!

Upvote 0

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Roughashlar said:
revelations12_12

You should be aware that Jim Shaw's book 'The Deadly Deception', in which he claims to be admitted to the 33rd degree has been proven (as much as anything ever can be proven) to be lies. More information available at http://www.srmason-sj.org/web/SRpublications/deHoyos-chapter5.htm

The only deception going on here is the deception that Shaw foists on his readers.
When I hear anti-masonic twaddle from some person, like at church yesterday, I ask them if they are or have ever been a Mason. If they say NO, I say, "Then you can not possibly know what you are talking about." When they start on about the secret doings the 33d degree, I ask them for proof of their assertions from legitimate sources. I have yet to get an answer that has actual proof.

When I show them this flyer they just shut up till they say the upper degrees are doing the evil work and that good things done at the lower levels are done to fool people.
I say, "Really? Did Jesus cast out demons by the power of Satan?"

I AM STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE ON THIS WEBSITE TO POST THE ACTUAL 33d DEGREE AND SHOW US ALL THE SATANIC COMMANDS HELD THERIN.
Dr. Fate

Jobs Daughters and Demolay Youth Groups

Here is information from some pages of the official Masonic Jobs Daughters Ritual hanbook and the Demolay Handbook. I downloaded it from the net. The truth of the teachings and goals of the international interfaith philanthropic Masonic Fraternity for and to the Youth Groups are here for you to see for yourself.
I researched some anti masonic statements and I conclude that the seminar speaker s I have heard must have got their information from O.T.O. sources instead of official Masonic sources. The OTO is not recognized by the Masonic Fraternity. People who go into occult mumbo jumbo about the meanings of the Masonic rituals are considered odd by the majority of the members.
Page numbers (##) are from the Jobs Daughters Ritual book. Ellipsis (…) denote omitted text that is found on the website.

Excerpts from Jobs Daughters CEREMONY OF INITIATION
No one except those designated in the Ceremony of Initiation shall enter or leave the Bethel Room during this ceremony.
Lights may be dimmed during the prayer in the Third Epoch; they shall not be dimmed at any other time during the Ceremony of Initiation.
The Marshal shall see that there are printed copies of the Lord's Prayer, the Golden Rule and the Ten Commandments in the Preparation Room. One member of the Preparation Committee shall read these to the candidates before the Guide and Marshal enter the Preparation Room. Candidates shall be instructed to answer "I do" to all questions. …
GUIDE: My friends, the International Order of Job's Daughters is an organization created for the purpose of banding together young women who believe in God and the teachings of the Holy Bible. You have been selected for membership because we believe that you will enter into the spirit of our endeavors and become faithful with us.
I must inform you that there is nothing in our ceremony which will embarrass you. It is your duty to attend strictly to the lessons which are taught and strive to live accordingly.
Before being admitted to membership in our Bethel you are required to answer certain questions. Attend strictly and answer each truly. (Candidates are required to answer "I do" to all questions.)
Do you believe in the Almighty Power of the One Living God?
Do you believe in the Ten Commandments?
Do you believe in the Lord's Prayer as a daily supplication to God?
Do you love the Flag of your Nation and the government for which it stands?
Do you promise not to divulge the secret work of Job's Daughters?
Do you now agree to join with us in (96) promoting love and respect for all worthy persons, especially our elders?
Be watchful and attentive to our lessons that they may be deeply engraved upon your hearts and minds. …
SENIOR PRINCESS: Pilgrims, you have heard the sad story of Job's anguish. The man whom God corrects should count himself happy, for his correction is meant to awaken him from his dream of evil and lead him into a broader, cleaner life, rich in blessings.
God knows your every thought and watches over you in hours of pleasure and in times of misfortune. Every thought is like a dewdrop from Heaven, its usefulness is forecast and its purpose fulfilled. We will give ourselves to faith that never faileth, kind (113) thoughts to our fellow men, inspiring confidence and hope of reward. …
FIFTH MESSENGER:
The story of Job is a lesson of life. It has been handed down from generation to generation in the Sacred Writings. Whatever its antiquity, it is as true today as when it was written.
The members of this Order are just (116) beginning the warfare of life - the trials of human existence. We are going forth on our pilgrimage filled with ambition and hope. All the magic of youth and the joy of life are ours and our eyes are filled with wondering interest in the world's affairs.
We know not what may be written in our book of destiny. There may come a time when, through adversity, we may be tried for our faith in the Great Creator of Heaven and earth. We may in the years to come be fettered by poverty and toil, yet in our hearts there should forever echo the remembrance of the trials of Job, his steadfastness to God and the reward for his righteousness.
The Sacred Book informs us that Job was rewarded with twice as much of the world's goods as he had before, and that other sons and daughters were given to him. But above all he enjoyed the blissful happiness of the commendation of God for his faith.
The closing chapter of the Book tells us, "In all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job." Let it be our purpose so to live that the members of our Order will be known throughout the land as true Daughters of Job. …
HONORED QUEEN: We are taught that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, which includes both just thinking and right conduct. We hold high our aim and name of Job's Daughters which stands for:

J -Joy with judgment, O-Order being our first law, B-Beautiful and gracious in manner, S -Sincere in undertaking, D-Domineering over self, A-Abstain from evil, U-Upward and onward, G-God's name held in reverence, H-Hope never faileth, T-Truth always spoken, E-Eager for knowledge, R-Reaching toward the best, S -Steadfast and upright, we will face life squarely for future success. (123) …

HONORED QUEEN: Our Chaplain will lead us in prayer. Three raps of gavel. Altar music: "Sweet Hour of Prayer" (may be sung).
CHAPLAIN: Our Father, every blade of grass, every unfolding leaf, every flower, every planet and sun are visible expressions of Thy power, wisdom and love. We pray for Thy richest blessings to rest upon these pilgrims. May it be their great joy to give our organization their loyal support. Help us day by day to be faithful and willing to leave results with Thee. Guide us, teach us, love us, and when the toils of earth are passed, receive us into Thine Eternal Home. Amen. Members respond by saying "Amen."
The Vows of a DeMolay
I promised to be a better son
I promised to love and serve God, my country, and my fellow&#64979;men
I promised to honor and protect every woman
I promised to slander no one
I promised to aid and uphold the public schools
I promised to walk uprightly before God and Man
All of these things, and more, I did promise

A DeMolay's Ethics
A DeMolay serves God.
A DeMolay honors all womanhood.
A DeMolay loves and honors his parents.
A DeMolay is honest.
A DeMolay is loyal to ideals and friends.
A DeMolay practices honest toil.
A DeMolay's word is as good as his bond.
A DeMolay is courteous.
A DeMolay is at all times a gentleman.
A DeMolay is a patriot in peace as well as war.
A DeMolay is clean in mind and body.
A DeMolay stands unswervingly for the public schools.
A DeMolay always bears the reputation of a good and law&#64979;abiding citizen.
A DeMolay by precept and example must preserve the high standards to which he has pledged himself.

THE PURPOSES OF DEMOLAY
The main purposes of DeMolay are the building of better Citizens and creating leaders through the development of character in young men. The youth movement bolsters a boy's character by emphasizing the virtues of comradeship, reverence, love of parents, patriotism, courtesy, cleanness and fidelity. …
The purposes of DeMolay are goals that DeMolay leaders and members should strive for not just one evening every two weeks, but every day in their daily tasks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.