Maryland Removes Statue of Justice Roger Taney...Adds Statue of Justice Thurgood Marshall

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The sudden decision came with no public hearings, drawing some backlash from lawmakers.

In a letter to the governor, Maryland Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr, a Democrat, defended Taney's legacy and said the memorial should remain to help educate people about history.

The letter noted that 'unlike George Washington who freed his slaves upon his death, Taney freed his slaves early in his life,' crediting the former chief justice for his 'anti-slavery words and actions'.

Taney, however, wrote the decision in Dred Scott, which held that black people whose ancestors were slaves were not eligible for US citizenship, and had no standing in the federal courts.

Read more: Crews remove Roger Taney statue from Maryland State House | Daily Mail Online

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is why we can't apply today's standards to those in the past.
The common wisdom of the day was that blacks were less evolved.

Even Lincoln said that blacks were incapable of living in equality
with whites. He didn't like slavery, but would have preferred to
send the blacks to another place to live apart from whites.

Why didn't you use Lincoln quotes and source?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because it's easy enough to find if somebody wants to see it, possibly from
two or three original quotes.

Even Lincoln said that blacks were incapable of living in equality
with whites. He didn't like slavery, but would have preferred to
send the blacks to another place to live apart from whites.

I tried different searches for Lincoln to have said what YOU claimed he said.

Zip, Nada. Since it is so easy, as you also claim, perhaps you would not mind providing Lincoln's own words, saying what you claimed he said.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I tried different searches for Lincoln to have said what YOU claimed he said.

Zip, Nada. Since it is so easy, as you also claim, perhaps you would not mind providing Lincoln's own words, saying what you claimed he said.

God Bless,
SBC

"I will say then, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters of the negroes, or jurors, or qualifying them to hold office, of having them to marry with white people. I will say in addition, that there is a physical difference between the white and black races, which I suppose, will forever forbid the two races living together upon terms of social and political equality, and inasmuch, as they cannot so live, that while they do remain together, there must be the position of superior and inferior, that I as much as any other man am in favor of the superior position being assigned to the white man."
FACT CHECK: Did Abraham Lincoln Express Opposition to Racial Equality?

"Abraham Lincoln wanted to ship freed black slaves away from the US to British colonies in the Caribbean even in the final months of his life, it has emerged.

Phillip Magness and Sebastian Page, the authors of Colonisation After Emancipation, discovered documents in the National Archives in Kew and in the US that will significantly alter his legacy.

They found an order from Mr Lincoln in June 1863 authorising a British colonial agent, John Hodge, to recruit freed slaves to be sent to colonies in what are now the countries of Guyana and Belize."

Abraham Lincoln 'wanted to deport slaves' to new colonies

• Informative
Reactions: SBC
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"I will say then, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters of the negroes, or jurors, or qualifying them to hold office, of having them to marry with white people. I will say in addition, that there is a physical difference between the white and black races, which I suppose, will forever forbid the two races living together upon terms of social and political equality, and inasmuch, as they cannot so live, that while they do remain together, there must be the position of superior and inferior, that I as much as any other man am in favor of the superior position being assigned to the white man."
FACT CHECK: Did Abraham Lincoln Express Opposition to Racial Equality?

"Abraham Lincoln wanted to ship freed black slaves away from the US to British colonies in the Caribbean even in the final months of his life, it has emerged.

Phillip Magness and Sebastian Page, the authors of Colonisation After Emancipation, discovered documents in the National Archives in Kew and in the US that will significantly alter his legacy.

They found an order from Mr Lincoln in June 1863 authorising a British colonial agent, John Hodge, to recruit freed slaves to be sent to colonies in what are now the countries of Guyana and Belize."

Abraham Lincoln 'wanted to deport slaves' to new colonies

Thanks for your effort to search and reply.
More to you later.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

But of course! Because it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with Honoring a government servant and EVERYTHING to do with racism - (which we have to define as REVERSE - RACISM), because everybody knows (wink, wink), racism only applies to white people!

And it is their OWN IGNORANCE of action that reveals their own racist agenda.

So, examine the FACTS;

The Supreme Court, has the status and HONOR, as being the Highest Court in the Land.

The Supreme Court, has APPOINTED Judges, that SIT in SEATS of HONOR, within the
the structure of the Supreme Court.

The "Judges" are structured, as ALL are Associate Judges, called Associate Justices, with ONE being the "CHIEF JUSTICE".

There was a time in Maryland's history, that Maryland had ONE MAN APPOINTED as "CHIEF JUSTICE" to the US Supreme Court.

Maryland decided to erect a monument IN Maryland giving tribute and honor to that ONE man.

His name: Roger B. Taney (Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court)

Now someone decides; to TEAR DOWN Taney's monument -

AND erect a monument to pay tribute and honor to......?

His name: Thurgood Marshall (Justice of the US Supreme Court)

Here's the FACTS;

Name / Birthplace / state gov't service / US Court position/ Race

Thomas Johnson/ MD/ MD / Associate Justice/ W
Samuel Chase/ MD/ MD / Associate Justice/ W
Gabriel Duval / MD / MD / Associate Justice / W
Roger Taney / MD / MD / CHIEF Justice/ W
David Davis/ Ill / MD / Associate Justice / W
Thurgood Marshal / MD / NY / Associate Justice / B

So the Point is -

ONLY ONE MAN, was born in MD, served MD state gov't, AND was CHIEF JUSTICE of the US Supreme Court.

THREE men, were born in MD, served in MD state gov'ts, AND were Associate Justices of the US Supreme Court.

One man, was born out of state, but served in MD state gov't. And was an Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court.

One man, was born in MD, but served in NY state gov't. And was an Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court.

THE FACT IS:

ONE MAN - born in Md - served in Md state gov't - served in the USSC as the CHIEF justice - had a monument erected in his honor for his specific service.

And his monument is ripped down to then erect a monument to:

ONE MAN - born in Md - served in NY state gov't - served in the USSC as a lower Associate Justice - has a monument erected in his honor for what?

Solely because he was black!

Because otherwise - a man who held the Chief Justice position, monument would still be standing.... AND the FOUR other Associate Justices who also have the same recognition would have a monument tribute to them.

But that is NOT the case, is it...

I don't fall for these black groups that run around wagging their tongue in wanting to end RACISM. THEY PROMOTE IT! And the ignorant white people who fall for their nonsense, should stop showing their white skin as they march against white people, and get a full body tat, to at least make them appear less ignorant.

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W Johnson

Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But of course! Because it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with Honoring a government servant and EVERYTHING to do with racism - (which we have to define as REVERSE - RACISM), because everybody knows (wink, wink), racism only applies to white people!

And it is their OWN IGNORANCE of action that reveals their own racist agenda.

So, examine the FACTS;

The Supreme Court, has the status and HONOR, as being the Highest Court in the Land.

The Supreme Court, has APPOINTED Judges, that SIT in SEATS of HONOR, within the
the structure of the Supreme Court.

The "Judges" are structured, as ALL are Associate Judges, called Associate Justices, with ONE being the "CHIEF JUSTICE".

There was a time in Maryland's history, that Maryland had ONE MAN APPOINTED as "CHIEF JUSTICE" to the US Supreme Court.

Maryland decided to erect a monument IN Maryland giving tribute and honor to that ONE man.

His name: Roger B. Taney (Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court)

Now someone decides; to TEAR DOWN Taney's monument -

AND erect a monument to pay tribute and honor to......?

His name: Thurgood Marshall (Justice of the US Supreme Court)

Here's the FACTS;

Name / Birthplace / state gov't service / US Court position/ Race

Thomas Johnson/ MD/ MD / Associate Justice/ W
Samuel Chase/ MD/ MD / Associate Justice/ W
Gabriel Duval / MD / MD / Associate Justice / W
Roger Taney / MD / MD / CHIEF Justice/ W
David Davis/ Ill / MD / Associate Justice / W
Thurgood Marshal / MD / NY / Associate Justice / B

So the Point is -

ONLY ONE MAN, was born in MD, served MD state gov't, AND was CHIEF JUSTICE of the US Supreme Court.

THREE men, were born in MD, served in MD state gov'ts, AND were Associate Justices of the US Supreme Court.

One man, was born out of state, but served in MD state gov't. And was an Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court.

One man, was born in MD, but served in NY state gov't. And was an Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court.

THE FACT IS:

ONE MAN - born in Md - served in Md state gov't - served in the USSC as the CHIEF justice - had a monument erected in his honor for his specific service.

And his monument is ripped down to then erect a monument to:

ONE MAN - born in Md - served in NY state gov't - served in the USSC as a lower Associate Justice - has a monument erected in his honor for what?

Solely because he was black!

Because otherwise - a man who held the Chief Justice position, monument would still be standing.... AND the FOUR other Associate Justices who also have the same recognition would have a monument tribute to them.

But that is NOT the case, is it...

I don't fall for these black groups that run around wagging their tongue in wanting to end RACISM. THEY PROMOTE IT! And the ignorant white people who fall for their nonsense, should stop showing their white skin as they march against white people, and get a full body tat, to at least make them appear less ignorant.

God Bless,
SBC

Oooh, those uppity Negros. But you gots it wrong, we not all be waggin our black tongues. Lots of us darkies know our spot. But dey didn’t pull that statue down and replace it with a lowly Black Associate Justice, Oh No Sir! Dey put that statue up back in 1996, it already beed there 21 years.

So check your racism at the door and do some research instead of going off because of a false thread title.

Thurgood Marshall Memorial, Maryland State House

• Informative
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oooh, those uppity Negros. But you gots it wrong, we not all be waggin our black tongues. Lots of us darkies know our spot. But dey didn’t pull that statue down and replace it with a lowly Black Associate Justice, Oh No Sir! Dey put that statue up back in 1996, it already beed there 21 years.

So check your racism at the door and do some research instead of going off because of a false thread title.

You are hysterical! All your derogatory remarks about Black people. No wonder so many Black people have complexes of feeling like they don't measure up; people like you worry too much about what YOU THINK other people THINK of YOU.

Yes the statue of Tomey has been removed from where it stood.
Because of His decision in the Dred Scott case. Once again, it's all about BLACK people, and not about FACTS.

Racism is not about slavery, however slavery often leads to racism.
And the Blacks who have formed their groups, (whom I give credit to, speaking about them, BECAUSE they formed the groups; you were apparently clueless, and implied I was speaking of all blacks), running around the US in these days, whining about monuments they find "offensive"....ALL has to do with their own insecurities of their ancestors having once been a slave....If you are black and that does not apply to you,
then don't assume it does apply to you.

I am not a racist. I love all people and hate people from all races equally; not because of their race, but because of their character, dishonesty, and so forth.

It's their, (SOME American Black peoples) constant ignorance that is astounding, still after years of opportunity to become educated.

Fact is; nearly every race and major Empire/Nation has ENSLAVED people of other races, their own race, and have been slaves.

Slavery is not unique to Blacks. Whites, Indians, Jews, Chinese, India, etc.....have all been subject to Slavery. And BTW - Slavery is still rampant throughout the world, with an approx. 38 million slaves today. India, Pakistan, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, AFRICA leading the slave possession and trade.

But it is the arrogant American Blacks (who by the way are not and have never been a slave) that are marching and throwing tantrums, against white people, and history that American white people paid tribute to.

Why are the Blacks not wanting to rip down statues of American Indians, statues in Rome, Pyramids in Egypt, in Africa and other places that had Black Slaves?

And why never a mention about Black Africans or Black Americans who bought, sold, and owned Black Slaves?

And why aren't American Blacks....whoops.... I mean African-American Blacks trying to help their African "bros" IN SLAVERY NOW , instead of whining about monuments White people erected?

I could speculate - but then, what's the point to have a discussion with a person uneducated in the truth, when simply banding like a mob and throwing a fit can get one what they want. Pitiful.

God Bless.
SBC

Upvote 0