United States
✟5,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically created.
The old thread automatically closed is here: "Mary - Queen Of Heaven"

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL OP:
Mary - Queen Of Heaven

What then does it mean for Mary to be the Queen of Heaven? Well, in the Old Testament monarchy the Queen of the Davidic Kingdom was the Queen Mother. The Kings, for reasons of state and human weakness, had many wives, none of whom fittingly could be called Queen. That honor was reserved for the mother of the King, whose authority far surpassed the many "queens" married to the king. We see this in the history of Middle Eastern nations of the time. We specifically see this is the role Bathsheba played with respect to King Solomon and the occasions when the Queen Mother acted as regent on behalf of juvenile successors to the throne. Remember, the Jews wanted a king in order to be “like all nations”. Thus, following the models of the neighboring lands, they established a dynasty, a legal system, a royal court – and a queen mother. She was the “Gebirah” – Great Lady.

The role of the Queen Mother, therefore, is a prophetic type of the Kingdom role of Mary, just as the role of the Davidic King is a prophetic type of the Kingdom role of Jesus. Jesus inherited the Kingdom promised to David, who was told that one of his descendants would rule forever. The angel Gabriel revealed this fact to Mary at her Annunciation: “Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end." (Luke 1:31-33)

Aside from the prophetic types present in the Kingdom of Judah, there is also the text of Psalm 45, which when speaking of the Kingdom of God also speaks of its Queen.

[6] Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. [7] Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. [8] All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad. [9] Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir. [10] Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house; [11] So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him. (Psalm 45:6-11, KJV)

That Kingdom ruled by God is the same as the Kingdom ruled eternally by the Son of David. It is not an earthly kingdom (though it is present on earth in the Church) but rather a heavenly kingdom, the Kingdom of God. The Queen of that Kingdom is the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of the Lord God Jesus Christ. The Jews who knew Jesus would have understood this perfectly. Jesus is “Son of David” who would inherit the throne of David. And who would inherit the throne at his side, the seat of the Queen Mother? His mother, of course.

I would like to mention two great resources:

1) An mp3 link of Dr. Scott Hahn discussing Mariology, and his book "Hail Holy Queen" on an episode of "Catholic Answers Live":
http://www.catholic.com/audio/2000/mp3/ca001129.mp3

2) The actual book, "Hail Holy Queen" by Dr. Scott Hahn

1002198.jpg

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionroar0
You don't wear a cross? Or have a picture of something to do with christianity in all of your belonging?

You don't own a bible? Is it a plain cover or does have a cross on it?

He knows me personally and he knows I don't need symbols or pomp or ceremony ...

If this is the church that you are talking about it's prebyterian church not Catholic.

P0257_grand.gif
Saint-Laurent Presbyterian Church, June 3, 1956, Ville de Saint-Laurent Archives, P257
Peace

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

No ha! Thank you :hug: is very familiar but i'ts in ville Saint Laurent and it's Cathoic Chrurch! and I remember we had to go to confession ervery first Friday and in May we had to go in a parade to Mary and I would think 'what the....:eek:

....this is the church i was baptised in.. and had my 1st communion in i pass by all the time :eek:

Sorry I'm sounding French sometimes haha

...& here I was beliving it was a Protestant church.
I can be SO naive!

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Quote:
You don't wear a cross? Or have a picture of something to do with christianity in all of your belonging?

You don't own a bible? Is it a plain cover or does have a cross on it?

He knows me personally and he knows I don't need symbols or pomp or ceremony ...

If this is the church that you are talking about it's prebyterian church not Catholic.

P0257_grand.gif
Saint-Laurent Presbyterian Church, June 3, 1956, Ville de Saint-Laurent Archives, P257

Peace

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

No ha! Thank you :hug: is very familiar but i'ts in ville Saint Laurent and it's Cathoic Chrurch! and I remember we had to go to confession ervery first Friday and in May we had to go in a parade to Mary and I would think 'what the....:eek:

....this is the church i was baptised in.. and had my 1st communion in i pass by all the time :eek:

I can be SO naive!

Looks like it has two Babylonian bell towers.

Bet those bells can babble.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why don't you tell it to the presbyterians? It's their church.
Looks like somebody knows a lil' more about it than you, bro.
is very familiar but i'ts in ville Saint Laurent and it's Cathoic Chrurch! and I remember we had to go to confession ervery first Friday and in May we had to go in a parade to Mary and I would think 'what the....:eek:

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thou shalt not make thee [ANY] graven image,

See what I bolded it's called a qualifier. It precedes the subject (image). It qualifies the image as graven. In other words the word "graven" means something in order to qualify the word "image"

Just making an image does not make an image a graven image. Is this was the case say bye bye to family photos.

It means an image that is worshipped. Thus making an image into a false god.

Peace

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Looks like somebody knows a lil' more about it than you, bro.

I was looking for Catholic Church and that was one of the hits that I got on google.

There is a Catholic Church there and there seems to have been Old Catholic Church there also. I say seems cause through my research the prebyterian and the Old Catholic Church there seemed to have some kind of relationship.

Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NoDoubt

Just another member
May 14, 2015
✟12,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Quote:
You don't wear a cross? Or have a picture of something to do with christianity in all of your belonging? YES I DO ... I do keep a rosary as a souvenir ( it's just a sentimental thing) but my Bible is my life-line i NEED IT...it is the bread of life for me.

You don't own a bible? Is it a plain cover or does have a cross on it? yes. I just said it above. :)

If this is the church that you are talking about it's prebyterian church not Catholic.Well I've lived here all my life and i know we have had 2 churches side-by-side.I will drive by and check it out next time ;)

P0257_grand.gif

Peace

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

No ha! Thank you is very familiar but i'ts in ville Saint Laurent and it's Cathoic Chrurch! and I remember we had to go to confession ervery first Friday and in May we had to go in a parade to Mary and I would think 'what the....

....this is the church i was baptised in.. and had my 1st communion in i pass by all the time

I can be SO naive!
:angel:

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was looking for Catholic Church and that was one of the hits that I got on google.

There is a Catholic Church there and there seems to have been Old Catholic Church there also. I say seems cause through my research the prebyterian and the Old Catholic Church there seemed to have some kind of relationship.

Peace
Ok, bro. I still love ya... even more than I love Google (those commie huggers).
I just remembered Sammy Davis Jr. hugging Richard Nixon! ROFL!

Upvote 0