South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
25 Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,b]">[b] here is your son,” 27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

I cannot imagine or fathom what happened to Jesus from Mary's point of view. She was the young highly favored girl from Matthew and Luke. It makes me wonder how much she actually knew or was told by the Holy Spirit about her Son's crucifixion. In other words, she was the woman who raised our Lord and Savior. She gave birth to Him, nursed Him, and took part in the discipline of Jesus and His siblings. She was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, thus Jesus was and is, the Son of God. Did Mary know beforehand what were to happen to her Son? As a mother, I have no doubt that Mary was going through a lot of pain. I have heard and read of the pain and sadness that parents go through whenever lose their child or their children. I truthfully cannot relate since I am not a mother. I can only imagine how heartbroken she was (and I can imagine the Father was as well)...My questions are, what happened to Mary since the crucifixion? Did any of His siblings witness the Crucifixion? Who was the disciple He loved from the 26th verse? What do you believe happened to Joseph?

Last edited:

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
25 Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,b]">[b] here is your son,” 27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

I cannot imagine or fathom what happened to Jesus from Mary's point of view. She was the young highly favored girl from Matthew and Luke. It makes me wonder how much she actually knew or was told by the Holy Spirit about her Son's crucifixion. In other words, she was the woman who raised our Lord and Savior. She gave birth to Him, nursed Him, and took part in the discipline of Jesus and His siblings. She was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, thus Jesus was and is, the Son of God. Did Mary know beforehand what were to happen to her Son? As a mother, I have no doubt that Mary was going through a lot of pain. I have heard and read of the pain and sadness that parents go through whenever lose their child or their children. I truthfully cannot relate since I am not a mother. I can only imagine how heartbroken she was (and I can imagine the Father was as well)...My questions are, what happened to Mary since the crucifixion? Did any of His siblings witness the Crucifixion? Who was the disciple He loved from the 26th verse? What do you believe happened to Joseph?
One can only speculate to answer your questions, I think. Sometimes there are ancient writings that add to what the Bible tells us, though one might question their reliability. The scripture does answer one question - was the disciple Jesus loved male or female? He was male. I don't see how Mary could have know that Jesus was going to be crucified unless the Lord told her.

• Informative
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Romans carried out an extremely harsh "justice". Crucifixion was by law reserved for only rebellious slaves and political agitators of the lowest social classes. Only the Romans were allowed this form of execution but the Jews did not lose their right to execute by stoning for blasphemy until AD 39. Pilate was severely criticized for his frequent excesses including crucifixions without trial and extreme brutality and was in fact actually removed from office for these excesses. Crucifixion was designed to be as painful and as humiliating as possible both for the victim himself and any onlookers. The victim was naked and onlookers were kept well away from the site. No one was permitted to provide any sort of comfort to the victim. Depending on the actual form of crucifixion and on the physical condition of the victim, death could take as long as a week. Burial was seldom permitted --- only one is known to history. The body was usually discarded into a shallow grave to be consumed by the carrion birds and wild dogs. Tens of thousands perhaps hundreds of thousands were executed in this way. There were several mass crucifixions --- the 6000 survivors of the slave rebellion led by Spartacus in 71 BC, the 2000 survivors of the AD 6 rebellion in Galilee, and at the seige of Jerusalem in AD 70 captured escapees were crucified at 200 or more a day.

• Informative
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0