Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
who do you believe created evil?
Free will. The devil was created "perfect in his ways". But one day iniquity (sin, wickedness) was found in him. Eze28:15

The angels BOWED to ADAM? Do you really think angels will bow to any but GOD?
27. And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind.
The "jinn", or "djinn", are mischievious spirits, created in their state. While the Bible says that God only created angels. The Biblical description is that lucifer became conceited, and rebelled. In his rebellion he led a third of the angels---and they were all cast to earth. There is no difference between a "jinn" (demon) and an "angel"---save for the fact that the demon has rebelled and has been cast out...

BTW, it is from "jinn" that we get the word, "genie"...
u have to forgive my language cuz im not english u see.
So what's your story? I assumed the "Union Jack" inferred British affiliation. You're not in England?

Upvote 0
From  The True Religion, About Islam and Muslims webpage. <http://www.unn.ac.uk/societies/islamic/index.htm>

"Thus, it may be stated that the basic message of false religion is that Allah may be worshipped in the form of His creation. False religion invites man to the worship of creation by calling the creation or some aspect of it God. For example, prophet Jesus invited his followers to worship Allah but those who claim to be his followers today call people to worship Jesus, claiming that he was Allah!"

"Verily Allah will not forgive the joining of partners with Him, but He may forgive (sins) less than that for whomsoever He wishes" (Soorah An-Nisaa 4:48 and 116)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Christianity and Islam cannot both be true because they have truth claims that contradict each other and violate the law of non-contradiction.

* Christianity believes in the Trinity and that Jesus is Himself God. Muslims deny the Trinity and believe that anyone who equates something else with God commits the UNPARDONABLE sin of "shirk"; a sin that Allah will not forgive.

* Muslims hold Jesus in high esteem, but only believe He was a prophet, not God incarnate as Christians do.

* Muslims do not believe that Jesus was crucified and died on the cross as Christians do; but it was only made to look like He did.

* Muslims do not believe that Jesus atoned for man's sins as Christians do.

* Muslims do not believe in the concept of original sin as Christians do.

These are all significant contradictions in truth claims such that both cannot be true at the same time. Someone's teaching is in error. Truth by its very nature is exclusive; exclusive of error.

Ask yourself the following questions:

1)      Can the same God be both revealed as three persons of a Trinity and not be revealed as three persons of a Trinity but only ONE God at the same time?

2)      Can the same Jesus have been crucified on the cross and then die, and not have been crucified and not die?

3)      Can the same Jesus be the second person of the Trinity and not be the second person of the Trinity at the same time?

4)      Could the same Jesus have come to atone for man's sins and not come atone for man's sins?

5)      Can the same Jesus be God Himself and not God but merely a prophet at the same time?

6)      Can the Holy Spirit be God Himself and not God at the same time?

7)      Can the Bible be both corrupted and not corrupted at the same time?

8) Can the same person be both born pure (without a sin nature) and not pure (with a sin nature)?

9) Can a believe in the Trinity of God be considered both false and true at the same time?

10) Can the Trinity be both a deadly sin that God will never forgive, and not a sin at all but the very nature of God Himself?

11) Can the Qur'an be considered the latest and most recent revelation of God and not considered a revelation of God at the same time?

berean_315

www.geocities.com/berean_315

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
May I suggest a book for you? "Answering Islam". Mohammed ERRED in many of his prophecies. He was subject to drunkenness and violence. He wedded a 9-year-old-girl. Can you see these are not attributes of a godly man?

He was not subject to drunkenness or violence.  As for the charge of marrying a 9yo girl, that is uncertain.  The evidence suggests that she was 16yo.

Do you know the origin of the crescent of the Islamic symbol?

Actually, the Islamic symbol is a crescent with a small star.  It refers to the night sky, on the night that Muhammad fled from Mecca to Medina.

Islam preaches death and destruction. Christianity preaches life.

You are wrong about what Islam preaches.  Islam does not preach death and destruction.  It preaches submission, charity, and gratitude to God.

Islam is simply saying, "There is no god but allah, and Mohammed is his prophet". If a man says that, he is a Moslem.

That is correct.  If one recites the shahaada, and is sincere, they are a Muslim.

The two foundational themes in Islam, is "serve God", and "gihad" (holy war).

Absolute nonsense.  You are clearly reading this out of some garbage christian website or tract.

There are five foundational themes in Islam, and none of them are jihad.  The five themes (they are called "pillars of Islam", al-arkaan al-khamsa) are :

1.  shahaada - the testimony; there is no god but God, and Muhammad is his Messenger;

2.  salaat - prayer, five times a day;

3.  zakaat - almsgiving to the poor;

4.  haaj - the pilgrimage to Mecca, which every devout Muslim is required to make at least once during their life;

5.  sawm - fasting during the holy month of Ramadan, between the hours of sunrise, and sunset

I hope this is enough to convince you that you are woefully misinformed about Islam.  Next time, before trying to speak as an expert on a subject, take some time to actually read up on it first.

Sauron - who is not a Muslim, but at least takes the time to ask the Muslims themselves, about what they believe.

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
Originally posted by Ben johnson

1. Jesus is NOT GOD.
2. Salvation (Nirvanah, Heaven, whatever...) is by WORKS.

Not in Islam.  Sins are forgiven by the sincere statement of the shahaada, the testimonial.

Can Islam say that? No. You have to strive to do good, and then you stand before God and hope-and-hope that the scales tilt towards "GOOD", towards "HEAVEN". There is no sureness. No "confidence"...

Wrong. 

Islam is founded on OBEDIENCE. Christianity is founded on LOVE.

No.  Islam is founded on submission.  And  salvation in Islam is because of the love of Allah for his creation.

Christianity is also dependent upon submission- because you cannot receive salvation, without repentance and submission to the christian god.

In this respect, the two religions are the same.  They only differ on the role that Christ plays, in the whole submission / salvation story.

Upvote 0
Islam as Christianity is exclusivistic. As Christians we believe in the Trinity, which Muslims believe is ascribing partners to God or "shirk", and unless one repents of this egrigious sin, they will suffer everlasting punishment in the Hellfire. I have heard and read many times from Muslims that they and Christians believe in the same God, but it is just that the Christians are in error in what they believe about the Triune nature of God. However to Christians Muslims are in error.

The two religions differ on the very nature of God and the person of Jesus Christ.

Also salvation in Islam is earned through belief, but also through  righteous deeds such as charity, helping the weak, etc.

Question and Answer relating to "shirk" taken from Understanding Islam website @ http://www.understanding-islam.com/

Title:
Besides 'shirk' is there anything God shall not forgive?

Question:

According to 4:48, God does not forgive those guilty of intentional 'shirk.' God may forgive any lesser sin, but never intentional 'shirk.' I have been told by some Muslims, though, that if we are guilty of committing an injustice against another person, God shall not forgive us on the Day of Judgment and shall defer the decision to forgive to the victim of injustice. Is this true? Or does God take over all forgiving on the Day of Judgment?

Thank you,

Omar

Answer:

When a person wrongs another individual of his/her rights, it is then only the particular individual, who has been wronged, who can forgive that person. It is primarily on this principle that it is generally held that a person shall be forgiven for the injustices committed on fellow human beings only if the individuals, who had been a target of the person's injustice, forgive that person.

However, on the other hand, the Qur'an, in Surah Al-Furqaan 25: 68 - 70, has mentioned a few big crimes - including ascribing partners to God, fornication and murder - which would follow everlasting punishment in the Hellfire. After referring to these crimes, the Qur'an has also reiterated that true repentance and a sincere resolve to correction guarantees forgiveness for even these crimes. In view of this stipulation of the Qur'an, it seems that even in case of injustices upon fellow human beings, when a person truly repents and sincerely resolves to correct his behavior[1], then God - the ultimate and the true King on the Day of Judgment - shall help the individual in securing forgiveness from those individuals, whom the person had wronged during his life. As for how this forgiveness shall be secured for the individual, all that can be said, in view of the lack of any details provided by the Qur'an, is that it would neither contradict justice nor mercy of God.

I hope this helps.

berean_315

Upvote 0

Zico

Alhamdu Lillahi Rabbil Alameen
Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Greetings all, I'm back home :), Thanks all for welcoming.

Annabel Lee - S0ljah: Thank you, and may Allah bless us all.
Simplechristian: Happy 30th birthday to you. untill the 100th if God wills.
Ben: I couldn't say better. Thanks Sauron.
Brian45: Your foot in mouth policy is cool. thank you.
Berean_315: It's simple, Can 2 captains steer the same ship?, surely it will sink. Or does your contry or mine have 2 Presidents?, This is how things work and that is the universal law. ( i'm sure ben is going to quote the next phrase :) ) Even you Christians differ between your selves on Christ being God or not.

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like unto Him.

Qur'an 115

Upvote 0
Hello Zico,

I agree with you that it is simple. 2 captains cannot steer the same ship and that a country cannot have 2 Presidents at the same time. You acknowledge my point. The same Jesus cannot be both God and "Not God'. Man cannot be born both with original sin and not born with original sin. That is the universal law of non-contradiction.

We are on different ships, not the same ship and each of our countries has a different president or leader.

berean_315

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zico

Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
berean_315 , Brian45: Would like u both to read this if u both have some time to spend http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/library/jesus-say/contents.html

And Brian45, it's enough to say that Jesus's God is great and not to say such things about Muhammad, he only asks us to obey the lord who sent Christ to save mankind and not to mix him up with God or the holy spirit which was breathed into him, that is all. So please don't judge my faith because of what other muslims do. It is because they are muslims in thier ID's only.

Please try to find out what's the Qur'an is all about http://islamicity.com/mosque/quran/ and u can find the prophet's sayings and bio on the (Sunnah) section of the same page.

Upvote 0

Zico

Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. The Sure Reality!
2. What is the Sure Reality?
3. And what will make thee realise what the Sure Realityis?
4. The Thamud and the 'Ad People (branded) as false the Stunning Calamity!
5. But the Thamud,- they were destroyed by a terrible Storm of thunder and lightning!
6. And the 'Ad, they were destroyed by a furious Wind, exceedingly violent;
7. He made it rage against them seven nights and eight days in succession: so that thou couldst see the (whole) people lying prostrate in its (path), as they had been roots of hollow palm-trees tumbled down!
8. Then seest thou any of them left surviving?
9. And Pharaoh, and those before him, and the Cities Overthrown, committed habitual Sin.
10. And disobeyed (each) the apostle of their Lord; so He punished them with an abundant Penalty.
11. We, when the water (of Noah's Flood) overflowed beyond its limits, carried you (mankind), in the floating (Ark),
12. That We might make it a Message unto you, and that ears (that should hear the tale and) retain its memory should bear its (lessons) in remembrance.
13. Then, when one blast is sounded on the Trumpet,
14. And the earth is moved, and its mountains, and they are crushed to powder at one stroke,-
15. On that Day shall the (Great) Event come to pass.
16. And the sky will be rent asunder, for it will that Day be flimsy,
17. And the angels will be on its sides, and eight will, that Day, bear the Throne of thy Lord above them.
18. That Day shall ye be brought to Judgment: not an act of yours that ye hide will be hidden.
19. Then he that will be given his Record in his right hand will say: "Ah here! Read ye my Record!
20. "I did really understand that my Account would (One Day) reach me!"
21. And he will be in a life of Bliss,
22. In a Garden on high,
23. The Fruits whereof (will hang in bunches) low and near.
24. "Eat ye and drink ye, with full satisfaction; because of the (good) that ye sent before you, in the days that are gone!"
25. And he that will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "Ah! Would that my Record had not been given to me!
26. "And that I had never realised how my account (stood)!
27. "Ah! Would that (Death) had made an end of me!
28. "Of no profit to me has been my wealth!
29. "My power has perished from me!"...
30. (The stern command will say): "Seize ye him, and bind ye him,
31. "And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire.
32. "Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits!
33. "This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High.
34. "And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent!
35. "So no friend hath he here this Day.
36. "Nor hath he any food except the corruption from the washing of wounds,
37. "Which none do eat but those in sin."
38. So I do call to witness what ye see,
39. And what ye see not,
40. That this is verily the word of an honoured apostle;
41. It is not the word of a poet: little it is ye believe!
42. Nor is it the word of a soothsayer: little admonition it is ye receive.
43. (This is) a Message sent down from the Lord of the Worlds.
44. And if the apostle were to invent any sayings in Our name,
45. We should certainly seize him by his right hand,
46. And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart:
47. Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath).
48. But verily this is a Message for the Allah.fearing.
49. And We certainly know that there are amongst you those that reject (it).
50. But truly (Revelation) is a cause of sorrow for the Unbelievers.
51. But verily it is Truth of assured certainty.
52. So glorify the name of thy Lord Most High.

69. The Reality (Incontestable)

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Zico
berean_315 , Brian45: Would like u both to read this if u both have some time to spend http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/library/jesus-say/contents.html

And Brian45, it's enough to say that Jesus's God is great and not to say such things about Muhammad, he only asks us to obey the lord who sent Christ to save mankind and not to mix him up with God or the holy spirit which was breathed into him, that is all. So please don't judge my faith because of what other muslims do. It is because they are muslims in thier ID's only.

Please try to find out what's the Qur'an is all about http://islamicity.com/mosque/quran/ and u can find the prophet's sayings and bio on the (Sunnah) section of the same page.

You must think I'm a sucker  ,  I'm not going to open the devils book and read it's satanic verses  .

There were christians who welcomed you to this forum ,  and by doing so ,  they also welcome a false prophet  ,  a false God  ,  and a false doctrine  .

Maybe you should aim your preaching at them  ,  they seem like nice soft targets  ,  ready to bend any which way  .

Upvote 0

Zico

Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just have one thing to say,

74. Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error."

75. So also did We show Abraham the power and the laws of the heavens and the earth, that he might (with understanding) have certitude.

76. When the night covered him over, He saw a star: He said: "This is my Lord." But when it set, He said: "I love not those that set."

77. When he saw the moon rising in splendour, he said: "This is my Lord." But when the moon set, He said: "unless my Lord guide me, I shall surely be among those who go astray."

78. When he saw the sun rising in splendour, he said: "This is my Lord; this is the greatest (of all)." But when the sun set, he said: "O my people! I am indeed free from your (guilt) of giving partners to Allah.

79. "For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly, towards Him Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to Allah."

80. His people disputed with him. He said: "(Come) ye to dispute with me, about Allah, when He (Himself) hath guided me? I fear not (the beings) ye associate with Allah. Unless my Lord willeth, (nothing can happen). My Lord comprehendeth in His knowledge all things. Will ye not (yourselves) be admonished?

81. "How should I fear (the beings) ye associate with Allah, when ye fear not to give partners to Allah without any warrant having been given to you? Which of (us) two parties hath more right to security? (tell me) if ye know.

108. Revile not ye those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest they out of spite revile Allah in their ignorance. Thus have We made alluring to each people its own doings. In the end will they return to their Lord, and We shall then tell them the truth of all that they did.

The Glorios Qur'an: 6

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Zico wrote:
berean_315 , Brian45: Would like u both to read this if u both have some time to spend http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/...y/contents.html <http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/library/jesus-say/contents.html>

I actually have read part of the book. Al-Khadi quotes from obscure authors and takes verses out of context. He makes the following statement about the Christian God: "God is three gods merged into one God." By making such a statement Al-Khadi shows his ignorance concerning the Christian concept of the Trinity.

Al-Khadi also cites the Jehovah's Witnesses' New World Translation as authoritative in trying to lend support to his biased understanding of John 1:1. In resorting to using the work of a cult, this alone gives one reason not to take anything written in his book seriously.

The Qur'an itself teaches that the Bible is the truth and standard by which the Qur'an is to be judeged:

If thou wert in doubt As to what We have revealed Unto thee [Qur'an], then ask those Who have been reading The Book [Bible] from before thee: The Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: So be in no wise Of those in doubt. Nor be those who reject The Signs of God, Or thou shalt be of those Who perish.--Sura 10:94 and 95

The "Answering Islam" website at http://answering-islam.org/Response...adhi/index.html <http://answering-islam.org/Responses/Al-Kadhi/index.html> provides Christian rebuttals to what Misha'al Ibn Abdullah Al-Kadhi writes in his book "What Did Jesus Really Say"

berean_315

Upvote 0

Zico

Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
berean_315,, u said:

((( The Qur'an itself teaches that the Bible is the truth and standard by which the Qur'an is to be judeged:

If thou wert in doubt As to what We have revealed Unto thee [Qur'an], then ask those Who have been reading The Book [Bible] from before thee: The Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: So be in no wise Of those in doubt. Nor be those who reject The Signs of God, Or thou shalt be of those Who perish.--Sura 10:94 and 95 )))

Maybe i caught u from your own mouth there, How many Bibles are there now beside the first and only true word of God?. ( and that applies to the Torah ).

Wakeup berean_315.

79. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.

The Glorios Qur'an: Surah 2. The Cow.

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
Originally posted by berean_315
I actually have read part of the book. Al-Khadi quotes from obscure authors and takes verses out of context. He makes the following statement about the Christian God: "God is three gods merged into one God." By making such a statement Al-Khadi shows his ignorance concerning the Christian concept of the Trinity.

In actuality, what he is doing is simply saying that the Trinity, as defined by christians, is a logical impossibility.  Therefore, the only remaining answer is that for the christians, "god is three gods merged into one". 

Earlier you tried to tell us that "the same Jesus cannot both be God, and not-God".  You justified it by referring to something you called the "universal law of non-contradiction".  What Al-Khadi is saying here is exactly the same thing:  the same God cannot be both three people and one people. 

Now mind you, I don't accept either the christian or the muslim religious viewpoint here.  However, for you to invoke some principle of logical consistency in one situation, and then deny someone else to use that exact same principle when examining YOUR religion - well, that's a double standard.  If you can do it, then so can Al-Khadi. 

Al-Khadi also cites the Jehovah's Witnesses' New World Translation as authoritative in trying to lend support to his biased understanding of John 1:1. In resorting to using the work of a cult, this alone gives one reason not to take anything written in his book seriously.

One might also make the same charge against christianity, in its evaluation of Islam.  From the viewpoint of islam, christianity is a rebellious cult.  Therefore criticisms of islam which come from christians can be immediately discounted.  Right?

You also say, "in resorting to using the work of a cult"... but you do not know why Al-Khadi used the JW translation.  Neither do I, for that matter. But your tone and attitude indicate that you believe he did it on purpose. But for all you know, it might have been the only bible he had handy.  You might want to check your attitude, and avoid jumping to conclusions here about someone else's motivations.

However, the real question here is on the actual verse used, and what is the point that Al-Khadi was trying to extract, by using that verse.  Does the JWNWT version differ substantially in its translation, than any other version? 

The Qur'an itself teaches that the Bible is the truth and standard by which the Qur'an is to be judeged:

If thou wert in doubt As to what We have revealed Unto thee [Qur'an], then ask those Who have been reading The Book [Bible] from before thee: The Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: So be in no wise Of those in doubt. Nor be those who reject The Signs of God, Or thou shalt be of those Who perish.--Sura 10:94 and 95

Absolutely incorrect. 

In the first place, your claim is absurd.  Why would the Koran admit that it should be judged by a different holy book?  What kind of sense would that make?  Even if you are correct and the Koran is just a false religion, how stupid do you think that muslims would be, to retain such a damaging verse that basically says, "the Bible is how you judge whether the Koran is correct or not."  That would be totally self-defeating for them.  Muslims may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.

In the second place, just as christians insist that any verses should be read spiritually, and with the proper discernment and "dividing the word", the muslims insist on the same thing.  Since you are not muslim, you are not capable of spiritually discerning what this verse means, and you should therefore consult a muslim or an islamic commentary to find out - which is the same advice you would give anyone wanting to know about a new testament verse.

In the third place, there are other suras in the Koran that explicitly say that the jews and christians have twisted and perverted the words delivered to them by Allah, which are in their holy books. And for that reason, the revelations that the jews and christians have is imperfect and tainted by human desire, and does not reflect what they were originally told by Allah.  Why is that important?  Because from that fact, you can draw two pieces of information about your claim that "The Qur'an itself teaches that the Bible is the truth and standard by which the Qur'an is to be judeged"

1. the claim that the Koran itself says to judge its truthfulness by the standard of the Bible is a nonsensical claim; the Koran wouldn't say that, while also saying that the jews and christians had twisted the words of revelation given to them, thus indicating that their revelations were inferior and tainted by sinful editing; and
  2. the website from which you drew this original claim was either unaware of these other suras, or chose to ignore them.  In either case, it illustrates that the website cannot be trusted to accurately portray islamic claims and beliefs

And in the fourth place - your interpretation is not what this sura means; you have taken it out of context.  I am assuming that you have merely cut and pasted this from some christian website, so I'll give you the context that you are missing.  In this chapter 10, for the preceding 25 or so verses, Allah has just finished reciting the story of Noah and the Ark.  Then, it was followed by the story of Moses and the Pharaoh, and how the children of Israel left Egypt, and were pursued into the wilderness.  The Koran is saying, "if you doubt this tale of Noah, the ark, Moses, Pharoah, and the children of Israel, consult those who read the Book."  But that is NOT the same as saying, "judge everything in Islam and the Koran by the Bible".  It's intended only to give supporting evidence for two particular storys:  that of Noah & the Ark, and that of Moses, Pharoah, and the children of Israel in the wilderness.

The "Answering Islam" website at provides Christian rebuttals to wh...ou. Just a thought....... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
Originally posted by Brian45
Hey zico , you won't get me saying Allah is great .

Mohammed is a false prophet who preaches a false God .

When Mohammed spoke to God , he was either talking to satan or he was on drugs , he may have had scysyphrenia as well .

That's funny.  I've heard the same thing said about christianity and christ.  :rolleyes:

It's interesting to note how so much of islam is a mirror image of christianity.  Claims, counter-claims, etc.

What christians fail to realize is that 99% of their criticisms against islam can be reversed to apply equally well to christianity.  And since there is no objective, impartial standard by which to judge either religion, that means that neither side can claim to have the "truth". 

Upvote 0
Sauron wrote:

That's nice. However the website author(s), like yourself, are unable to speak for what muslims think. 

Please take your own advice. You yourself have stated you are not Muslim.

In actuality, what he is doing is simply saying that the Trinity, as defined by christians, is a logical impossibility.  Therefore, the only remaining answer is that for the christians, "god is three gods merged into one". 

The title of the column in the table I am referring to is titled "Christian belief" and there is a second column entitled "Muslim Belief". Al-Khadi is correct on some of the other beliefs that Christians hold, but not what Christains believe about God. How come he is correct when he says that Jesus is the second member of the Triune God under "Christian Belief" column even though Muslims do not believe this? What he has written is not the Christian belief about God. It is the Muslim interpretaion of the Christian belief about God. Please check what you're talking about before you make statements that are not correct.

Sauron wrote:

From the viewpoint of islam, christianity is a rebellious cult.  Therefore criticisms of islam which come from christians can be immediately discounted.  Right?

True. We can see that with the responses from Zico as well as myself and other Christains. Coming to a Christian discussion board and quoting often from the Qur'an serves no purpose since Christians do not believe it is from God. 

Sauron wrote:

You also say, "in resorting to using the work of a cult"... but you do not know why Al-Khadi used the JW translation.  Neither do I, for that matter. But your tone and attitude indicate that you believe he did it on purpose. But for all you know, it might have been the only bible he had handy.  You might want to check your attitude, and avoid jumping to conclusions here about someone else's motivations.

The goal of the book is to show that the Gospel of Jesus underwent major revisions and alterations and Al-Khadi states, "...you would be hard pressed to find a single reputable scholar of Christianity who, to one degree or another, does not readily acknowledge this as a true accepted fact." This is a false statement. If someone is going to write a book to dispute another religion, they should know the pedigree of the sources they are using and acknowledge that they are not seen as credible to a vast majority of people that call themselves Christian otherwise they cannot be taken seriously. As noted, you did not take Ben seriously with statements he made that you said were incorrect. And by the way, you're making assumptions as well.

Your points are taken on the verse I cited and I will look into it further.

Sauron wrote:

Of course, you&nbsp;could always <B>do your own first-hand research into Islam, </B>instead of having someone&nbsp;already biased against islam regurgitate arguments for you.&nbsp;

I have done first-hand research into Islam by reading writings from Muslims themselves as well as&nbsp;by Christians. I hope you can take your own advice and acknowledge the fact that Zico is telling&nbsp;us to&nbsp;read something written by someone already biased against Christianity.

berean_315

Upvote 0