Martin Luther identifies the Antichrist over 500 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"WE'RE NOT PROTESTANTS!" That's getting too caught up in foolish labels imo. I follow Christ, simple as that. All that baggage you can keep.
Save it for people who don't believe baggage is proof of their christianity.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only bishops have staffs. Priests do not.

But they do have a hat. Usually a beard as well.
50339907.JPG
I know that, where's my brain today. I witnessed an ordination in the cave at Patmos, a Bishop, the new priest, the priest's family, it was fantastic. The place is holy ground.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know that, where's my brain today. I witnessed an ordination in the cave at Patmos, a Bishop, the new priest, the priest's family, it was fantastic. The place is holy ground.
Hi. Is that because they believe that is where John literally received his Revelation?

I myself was always of the view he visioned shortly after the cross, and felt the greek word "patmos" might be figurative. Anyway looking at all these different attires of different denominations is pretty kool.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To all the people who believe that the Pope is the Antichrist:

Would God really allow the antichrist to be the leader of a big, ancient Christian church, and why would he (the ANTIchrist) believe in Christ and teach others to do the same? Isn't God sovereign?

Kind of like common sense. Especially when read what Jesus said when he was accused of being a devil. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟134,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That is cool. :thumbsup:

I wish I could go there someday.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does the current tone of the discussion mean we have concluded the pope is not the antichrist?
Well lets-a-me-see, as that is a toughy. How much is it worth to ya for me to help defend the Roman church from that view? :D Just kidding.

I will just leave it up between the Orthodox and Roman church to work out their own differences concerning the Papal supremacy over all Christianity and as far as I know they have never had the view the pope was the anti-christ. Peace.

http://members.cox.net/orthodoxheritage/MOM 08 2007.htm

...........The Pope shamelessly proclaims to the world that the Papacy is the Church that Christ founded on earth. No wonder the name of Christ is blasphemed among the nations, for the Pope is not at all like Christ. Christ said of Himself, Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and humble in my heart and you shall find rest for your souls. (Mt 11:29).

Upvote 0

Catholic Christian

May 12, 2007
United States
✟5,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well lets-a-me-see, as that is a toughy. How much is it worth to ya for me to help defend the Roman church from that view? :D Just kidding. I will just leave it up between the Orthodox and Roman church to work out their own differences concerning the Papal supremacy over all Christianity and as far as I know they have never had the view the pope was the anti-christ. Peace.
I guess I'll take what I can get. :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I guess I'll take what I can get. :)
This is LLOJ's new Helmut to protect against all the negative waves on this board :D

attachment.php

And I still ponder on who gave me this box of chinese food in my supply and didn't at least provide chop-sticks with.
chinese2.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,654.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me just ask. What are the characteristics of the beasts according to the bible. I have looked through this thread and no one has discussed the characterisitics of the Beast but only opinions are noted. So what does the Beast do? What did he do? You must know his characteristics to know who he is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Goes all ways. Not everything Western is bad either, and Luther wasn't the devil.

Luther seems like the spoiled brat he was being raised to be. When the Pope scolded him he acted like a spoiled brat and ran away. I sometimes wonder if that story about being struck by lightning was true and if so whether it was God calling him or the devil.

But you are correct that Luther is no devil, he is human like us. I just pray I never become so arrogant as to think I know more than 1500 years of Christianity.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟134,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Goes all ways. Not everything Western is bad either, and Luther wasn't the devil.
Agreed.

Although I have to admire the West for some things. Like great record keeping.

Luther, as bad or heretical as his stuff may have been, in my opinion was the lesser of evils to come.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed.

Although I have to admire the West for some things. Like great record keeping.

Luther, as bad or heretical as his stuff may have been, in my opinion was the lesser of evils to come.

I don't know about lesser of evils but it seems to me that Luther lost 5 of the sacraments and especially the Eucharist for all his followers since. At leastv that is what I am taught.

Personally the Eucharist is the greatest thing here on earth and John chapter 6 is rather strongly worded on this point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.