Martin Luther identifies the Antichrist over 500 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I knew I would. I was wearing a black cassock, holding a candle, & striking a beatific pose.
As someone once said..beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Matt 23:27 "Woe to ye scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
That ye are liken to tombs having been whitewashed who any outside indeed are appearing beautiful, inside yet are being crammed of bones of dead-ones and of every uncleaness.
28 Thus also ye outside indeed are appearing to the men righteous, inside yet, ye are distended of hypocisy and of lawlessness"

Reve 18:13 and cinnamon and incenses and attars and frankincense and wine and oil and flour and grain and beasts and flocks and of horses and of chariots and of bodies and souls of men.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, it's the office, not the person.

^_^

This seems to be a really hard concept for people to understand. Let's see if we can simplify it.

A lot of people really can't stand the bureaucracy of, say, the unemployment line. They will say that unemployment office stinks, the rigamarole that one must go through stinks, and that the entire system is flawed. Does this mean that the person thinks the individual person working the counter stinks?

Of course not. However, the person at the counter IS part of the problem simply because they work for a system that is inherently screwed up.

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Or...

Catholics love God so very much and that God gave us Jesus that we worship and adore everything that is God. In so doing we love all His children. We especially love the woman He chose to bear Him in her womb and to breast feed Him as he grew and to teach Him to walk and to hold Him and give Him motherly love. Maybe it is out of such a great Love for Jesus that Catholics also love Mary His mother?

How is it that the RCC and the recent Popes in particular have exalted Mary way more than Jesus ever did while she was alive as his Mother in the 1st century? There is not one instance when Jesus exalted Mary among the throngs of people following Him. Jesus exalted God the Father, the Holy Spirit, and most importantly the OT Scriptures.

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah, it's the office, not the person.

^_^

Bro Otto: I differ slightly with you in your view of the Papacy. I see both the office and the person as being Antichrist. Why do I say that? Because, any person who takes that office knows full well what are its claims and its history. The Popes are highly educated men, they know full well what Pontifex Maximus and Vicar of the Son of God stand for.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is it that the RCC and the recent Popes in particular have exalted Mary way more than Jesus ever did while she was alive as his Mother in the 1st century? There is not one instance when Jesus exalted Mary among the throngs of people following Him. Jesus exalted God the Father, the Holy Spirit, and most importantly the OT Scriptures.

Good morning.

You write as though you were with Jesus His whole life.

Who here can say what Jesus did His whole life or how He was with His fleshly mother?

Not one, of course. :)

However, there is an area for Mariology and some who will like answering this.

Mariology & Hagiography - Christian Forums :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bro Otto: I differ slightly with you in your view of the Papacy. I see both the office and the person as being Antichrist. Why do I say that? Because, any person who takes that office knows full well what are its claims and its history. The Popes are highly educated men, they know full well what Pontifex Maximus and Vicar of the Son of God stand for.
And that has been discussed ad-nauseum on the GT board ;)

http://www.christianforums.com/t7483370/
Holy Father, Vicar of Christ, Head of the Church

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's why I laughed. It's only half the truth.
No office is unaffected by the type of person running it.

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning.

You write as though you were with Jesus His whole life.

Who here can say what Jesus did His whole life or how He was with His fleshly mother?

Not one, of course. :)

However, there is an area for Mariology and some who will like answering this.

Mariology & Hagiography - Christian Forums :)

Good evening. I come to my conclusions simply on the basis of what I read in Gospels and the other books that make up the NT, and the exaltation of Mary as the Co-Mediator is just not there. Paul, the most likely author of the book of Hebrews exalts Jesus as the only Mediator between God and man, WHY NO MENTION OF MARY AS A CO-MEDIATOR?!

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat

MOD HAT ON
After review by staff it has been determined through consensus that this thread will be permanently closed.
Staff wishes to bring to the attention of all the following rule:

Flaming
You will not insult, belittle, mock, or personally attack other members or groups of members. Use of derogatory nicknames in reference to other members is prohibited. Don't goad another member or start call-out threads. Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian; using sarcasm to attempt any of the above. This flaming rule also applies to public religious figures.

If you are flamed, don't respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.