Martin Luther identifies the Antichrist over 500 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:D I wonder what the ration is of Roman catholics to non-Roman catholics being reported.
I never called the Pope the anti-christ yet I got reported for it :)

LLOJ....... Does not view the Roman Pontif or his denomination in revelation.

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Luke 23:13 And Pilate having called together the chief priests, and the rulers, and the people,
14 Said toward them "ye toward-carry to Me the man, this, as turning away the people, and behold I before of ye examiningnothing found in the man, this, cause of which ye are accusing/kathgoreite <2723> (5719) against Him".

Reve 12:10 And I hear great voice saying in the Heaven: "Now became the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of the God of us, and the authority of the Christ of Him, that was cast the Accuser of the brothersof us, the accusing/kathgorwn <2723> (5723) them in sight of the God of us, of day and of night.

You almost seem Catholic (RCC) at times. :D

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:D How many non-Roman Christians were persecuted under the authority of the Pontif and his Court?

Matt 10:23 "Whenever yet they [the Papacy] may be chasing/pursuing/persecuting/diwkwsin <1377> (5725) ye [Protestants]in the city, this, be fleeing/ into the other.
For Amen I am saying to ye, not no ye should be finishing the cities of the Israel till ever may be coming/elqh <2064> (5632) the Son of the Man".

No way to know...

But since Jesus gave the authority to Peter and also all of his successors I would argue that it was God that allowed his Shephard, his steward of the kingdom, to do these things. You mind as well ask why God allowed New Orleans to be destroyed by water.

Upvote 0

Catholic Christian

May 12, 2007
United States
✟5,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:D How many non-Roman Christians were persecuted under the authority of the Pontif and his Court?.

How many witches were condemned in Salem?
How many Catholics were killed by Henry VIII?
Why are the English still in Ireland?

Man has a bloody history: Catholic, Protestant, Jew, Muslim, black, white, yellow..... We can point fingers until the cows come home. What's the point?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You almost seem Catholic (RCC) at times. :D
Hey, it was the Romans that set the OC Judeans and Israelites free from the "Temple of Serpents"

John 11:48 "Ifever we may be letting Him thus, all shall be believing into Him, and shall be coming the Romans and they shall be taking-away/arousin <142> (5692) of Us and the Place/topon <5117> and the Nation."

Deut 28:67 in the morning thou sayest, O that it were evening! and in the evening thou sayest, O that it were morning! from the fear of thy heart, with which thou art afraid, and from the sight of thine eyes which thou seest.

http://www.davieapostolicchurch.com/studies/destuct/

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover. At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival and the city was at this time crowded with Jewish strangers, and foreigners from all parts, so that the whole nation may be considered as having been shut up in one prison,..........

.......The Temple now presented little more than a heap of ruins

Menorah12.gif

Upvote 0

Catholic Christian

May 12, 2007
United States
✟5,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder what the ration is of Roman catholics to non-Roman catholics being reported.
I never called the Pope the anti-christ yet I got reported for it

LLOJ....... Does not view the Roman Pontif or his denomination in revelation..

okay

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, it was the Romans that set the OC Judeans and Israelites free from the "Temple of Serpents"

John 11:48 "Ifever we may be letting Him thus, all shall be believing into Him, and shall be coming the Romans and they shall be taking-away/arousin <142> (5692) of Us and the Place/topon <5117> and the Nation."

Deut 28:67 in the morning thou sayest, O that it were evening! and in the evening thou sayest, O that it were morning! from the fear of thy heart, with which thou art afraid, and from the sight of thine eyes which thou seest.

http://www.davieapostolicchurch.com/studies/destuct/

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover. At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival and the city was at this time crowded with Jewish strangers, and foreigners from all parts, so that the whole nation may be considered as having been shut up in one prison,..........

.......The Temple now presented little more than a heap of ruins

Menorah12.gif

If Rome gives a bad taste to your palette then maybe EOC or OOC?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If Rome gives a bad taste to your palette then maybe EOC or OOC?
That is not my point.
I view Revelation differently than they do and the fact the Roman catholics and their Pontif believe they are in the Millinnium is, in my view, "heretical".

The Romans probably are in Revelation but it appears YWHW is using them and their army to liberate the OC Israelites from the bondage of the "Temple of Serpents". Just depends on how one views it I suppose. :wave:

Matt 23:34 `Because of this, lo!, I am Commissioning toward ye Prophets and Wisemen and Scribes, out of Them Ye shall be Killing/apokteneite <615> (5692) and ye shall be Crucifying/staurwsete <4717>(5692),...............

Reve 11:7 `And whenever they should be finishing/teleswsin <5055> (5661) the testimony/witness of them, the wild-beast, the one ascending out of the Abyss, shall be doing with them, battle, and shall be conquering them, and shall be Killing/apoktenei <615> (5692) Them

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is not my point.
I view Revelation differently than they do and the fact the Roman catholics and their Pontif believe they are in the Millinnium is, in my view, "heretical".

The Romans probably are in Revelation but it appears YWHW is using them and their army to liberate the OC Israelites from the bondage of the "Temple of Serpents". Just depends on how one views it I suppose. :wave:

Matt 23:34 `Because of this, lo!, I am Commissioning toward ye Prophets and Wisemen and Scribes, out of Them Ye shall be Killing/apokteneite <615> (5692) and ye shall be Crucifying/staurwsete <4717>(5692),...............

Reve 11:7 `And whenever they should be finishing/teleswsin <5055> (5661) the testimony/witness of them, the wild-beast, the one ascending out of the Abyss, shall be doing with them, battle, and shall be conquering them, and shall be Killing/apoktenei <615> (5692) Them

You should start a thread on what you see heretical in the RCC. I think it is appropriate to address things that one finds at fault with someone's relationship with God to help them have a good relationship with God.

But either way... whether you post a thread or not I am going to try and convert ya to Catholicism. :D

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You should start a thread on what you see heretical in the RCC. I think it is appropriate to address things that one finds at fault with someone's relationship with God to help them have a good relationship with God.

But either way... whether you post a thread or not I am going to try and convert ya to Catholicism. :D
You mean convert me back. I was Roman catholic for 16 yrs and found their teaching of the Scriptures "lacking" and still do to this day.
But then again, I don't think any denomination has the Full Truth though all may hold part of the Truth. I will remain non-denominational in the Body of Christ.

Btw, can you vote on my poll at the link below and I even put an option "doesn't matter"? Thanks

Matt 24:9 then they shall be delivering ye up into tribulation, and They shall be Killing/apoktenousin <615> (5692) Ye, and ye shall be being hated by all of the nations thru/because-of the Name of Me;

http://christianforums.com/t6813701-question-time-jesus-returns-before-or-after-1000yrs.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trento

Senior Veteran
Apr 12, 2002
AZ. Between the Holy Cross river and the Saint Rit
Visit site
✟22,534.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The quote copied below is from one of Martin Luther's last books. It was titled: "A Prelude by Martin Luther on the Babylonian Captivity of the Church". The Web link for the complete text of the book is at the end of the article.

Page 536, chapter 3.

"Nevertheless, since few know this glory of baptism and the blessedness of Christian liberty, and cannot know them because of the tyranny of the pope, I for one will walk away from it all and redeem my conscience by bringing this charge against the pope and all his papists: Unless they will abolish their laws and traditions, and restore to Christ's churches their liberty and have it taught among them, they are guilty of all the souls that perish under this miserable captivity, and the papacy is truly the kingdom of Babylon, yes, the kingdom of the real Antichrist! For who is " the man of sin" and "the son of perdition" but he that with his doctrines and his laws increases sins and the perdition of souls in the Church, while he sits in the Church as if he were God? All this the papal tyranny has fulfilled, and more than fulfilled, these many centuries. It has extinguished faith, obscured the sacraments and oppressed the Gospel."

Which proves the true agenda of the Reformers.

Martin Luther's Sermon for the Sunday after Christ&#8217;s Ascension; John 15:26-16:4 (2nd sermon), page 265, paragraph 28, 1522.
Accordingly, we concede to the papacy that they sit in the true Church, possessing the office instituted by Christ and inherited from the apostles, to teach, baptize, administer the sacrament, absolve, ordain, etc., just as the Jews sat in their synagogues or assemblies and were the regularly established priesthood and authority of the Church. We admit all this and do not attack the office, although they are not willing to admit as much for us; yea, we confess that we have received these things from them, even as Christ by birth descended from the Jews and the apostles obtained the Scriptures from them."
Sermon for the Sunday after Christ&#8217;s Ascension; John 15:26-16:4 (2nd sermon), page 265, paragraph 28, 1522.

Upvote 0

Catholic Christian

May 12, 2007
United States
✟5,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Which proves the true agenda of the Reformers.

Martin Luther's Sermon for the Sunday after Christ’s Ascension; John 15:26-16:4 (2nd sermon), page 265, paragraph 28, 1522.
Accordingly, we concede to the papacy that they sit in the true Church, possessing the office instituted by Christ and inherited from the apostles, to teach, baptize, administer the sacrament, absolve, ordain, etc., just as the Jews sat in their synagogues or assemblies and were the regularly established priesthood and authority of the Church. We admit all this and do not attack the office, although they are not willing to admit as much for us; yea, we confess that we have received these things from them, even as Christ by birth descended from the Jews and the apostles obtained the Scriptures from them."
Sermon for the Sunday after Christ’s Ascension; John 15:26-16:4 (2nd sermon), page 265, paragraph 28, 1522.
Bullseye!!
images

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I find it interesting to look at the writings of the two parties. Check out the dates.

Mindful of the compassion of God Who desires not the death of a sinner, but that he be converted and live, we are ready to forget the injury done to us and to the Holy See. We have decided to exercise the greatest possible indulgence and , so far as in our power lies, to seek to induce the sinner to enter into himself and to renounce the errors we have enumerated, so that we may see him return to the bosom of the Church and receive him with kindness, like the prodigal son in the Gospel. We therefore exhort him and his followers through the love and mercy of our God and the Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the human race was redeemed and the Church founded, and adjure them that they cease from troubling with their deadly errors the peace, unity and truth of the Church for which the Saviour prayed so fervently to His Father. They will then, if they prove obedient, find us full of fatherly love and be received with open arms. (Pope Leo X on Martin Luther in the bull Exsurge domine, June 15, 1520)

Now farewell, you unhappy, lost, and blasphemous Rome; the wrath of God has come upon you at last, as you have merited, for in spite of all the prayers that have been said for you, you have become worse each day. We would have healed Babylon but she is not healed. Let us forsake her than to become a dwelling place of dragons, evil spirits, goblins and witches, and her name an eternal confusion, filled to the brim as she is with the idols of greed, with traitors, apostates, beasts, lechers, thieves, and simoners, and an infinity of other monsters, something new in the way of a pantheon of iniquity! . . . If we punish thieves with the gallows, robbers with the sword, and heretics with fire, why should we not all the more assail with arms these masters of perdition, these cardinals, these Popes, the whole dregs of the Roman Sodom, who have been corrupting the Church of God without intermission and wash our hands in their blood? (Martin Luther, “On the Papacy at Rome,” June 25, 1520 and “To the Christian Nobility of the German Nation.”)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Martin Luther's Sermon for the Sunday after Christ’s Ascension; John 15:26-16:4 (2nd sermon), page 265, paragraph 28, 1522.Accordingly, we concede to the papacy that they sit in the true Church, possessing the office instituted by Christ
I don't follow Luther's views either but why would he say the Latins drink out of the puddle shown in my siggy. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because the Church didn't bow down to him.
:)
Actually I also am studying the Hebrew more deeply so I can better harmonize it with the NC/NT, especially the Jewish/Hebrew book of Revelation.

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore let us also, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud/nefoV <3509> of witnesses, lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Reve 1:7 Behold! He is coming with the clouds, and shall be seeing Him every eye, even who any Him they pierce. And shall be bewailing over Him all the tribes of the Land. Yea Amen. [Jeremiah 4:13/Zech 12:10/Daniel 7:13]

Reve 19:11 And I perceived the heaven having be opened and Lo! A horse, white and the One sitting on it/him being called Faithful-one and True-one and in justice He is judging and is battling.
14 And the armies, the in the heaven, followed to him on horses, white, having been inslipped/dressed linen, white clean,

http://www.glaird.com/luth-heb.htm

Luther's involvement with the Hebrew language was to continue throughout his career, especially in his translations of the Bible. Luther constantly strove to find the original meaning - he was always seeking the source of the biblical materials. That meant that he needed to find the most original, the most reliable Hebrew source for his Old Testament. This quotation from his "Table Talk" is revealing about his passion:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:) Saul/Paul was no "slouch" either despite what the Muslims and some Messianics say about him :thumbsup:

1 Thessalonians 3:13 Into the stand-fast of ye, the hearts/kardiaV blamebless in together-holiness before the God and Father of us in the Parousia <3952> of the Lord of us, Jesus Christ, with all of the holy-ones of Him.

Reve 19:11 And I perceived the heaven having be opened and Lo! A horse, white and the One sitting on it/him being called Faithful-one and True-one and in justice He is judging and is battling.
14 And the armies, the in the heaven, followed to him on horses, white, having been

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it is comes from an original work of Martin Luther. The sad fact is that the majority of Protestant and Evangelical Christians don't even know that Luther ID'd the Antichrist long before Futuristic and Preteristic theological deceptions evolved. Its time to go "back to the future" to gain understanding of prophecy.

I read the writings where Luther said the Pope was the antiChrist. It seems logical to deduce that he was talking about the times when the reformation was occuring and deemed necessary and the history before it.

The reformation having occured, and the Roman Catholic church like so many institutions and people having changed for the better (protestant denoms included), make it illogical to apply what was said back then regarding those circumstances to now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.