Martin Luther identifies the Antichrist over 500 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
constantine?

Your Eastern Rites may disagree with you on that point.

Constantine was venerated as a Saint when the Church was united. It's a mystery to my why Rome chooses not to venerate a Saint that was held in common during the early times.

Upvote 0
S

SpiritDriven

The Anti Christ will be the leader of the as yet to come one world government.

That would be the only logical place he could be, that way he could be sure that his policies are enforced globaly.

Like recieve the mark, if you refuse to receive the mark, nobody will buy trade or sell to you, to do so would mean certain death for them, so those who refuse to recieve the mark would starve out in the open, where it is easy for the authorities to detect you.

You are arrested and given two options, receive the mark or Death..beheaded.

It wont be done in the open...no way.... they attempt to call the sinner to repentance to recieve the mark.

This Beast will demand worship remember.......

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a theory...

The number of the beast is 666 and if we read the 6th chapter and 66th verse of John we will see who the antichrist(s) are.

[bible]john 6:66[/bible]

Maybe antichrist are all those that turn away from Jesus after he has shown them the truth?

Interestingly enough Jesus was also speaking of his flesh being true food and his blood true drink... Eucharist anyone?

He he he. :D

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Didn't the papacy regard Luther as the anti-Christ too? (Imagine the scenario!) Interesting though. I probably would've too in those days. But oh well, less concern of the anti-Christ and more concern on preparing and being "ready". :D

Upvote 0

winsome

English, not British
Dec 15, 2005
England
✟19,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your Eastern Rites may disagree with you on that point.

Constantine was venerated as a Saint when the Church was united. It's a mystery to my why Rome chooses not to venerate a Saint that was held in common during the early times.

I don't think he was ever regarded as a saint in the Western Church because he was baptised (finally when he was dying) by a heretical (Arian) bishop. Or that's the story I've read.

Upvote 0

winsome

English, not British
Dec 15, 2005
England
✟19,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The quote copied below is from one of Martin Luther's last books. It was titled: "A Prelude by Martin Luther on the Babylonian Captivity of the Church". The Web link for the complete text of the book is at the end of the article.

Page 536, chapter 3.

"Nevertheless, since few know this glory of baptism and the blessedness of Christian liberty, and cannot know them because of the tyranny of the pope, I for one will walk away from it all and redeem my conscience by bringing this charge against the pope and all his papists: Unless they will abolish their laws and traditions, and restore to Christ's churches their liberty and have it taught among them, they are guilty of all the souls that perish under this miserable captivity, and the papacy is truly the kingdom of Babylon, yes, the kingdom of the real Antichrist! For who is " the man of sin" and "the son of perdition" but he that with his doctrines and his laws increases sins and the perdition of souls in the Church, while he sits in the Church as if he were God? All this the papal tyranny has fulfilled, and more than fulfilled, these many centuries. It has extinguished faith, obscured the sacraments and oppressed the Gospel."

http://www.ctsfw.edu/etext/luther/babylonian/babylonian.htm#9

Obscured the sacraments? Didn't Luther abolish many of them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catholic Christian

May 12, 2007
United States
✟5,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
and the papacy is truly the kingdom of Babylon, yes, the kingdom of the real Antichrist! For who is " the man of sin" and "the son of perdition" but he that with his doctrines and his laws increases sins and the perdition of souls in the Church...

1 John 2:22: "Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist..."

1 John 4:3: "and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist..."

First, the pope does not deny the Father nor the Son, so the pope is not the antichrist. You quote Luther: I quote the Bible.

Second, you were warned about this inflammatory language here:
http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=43246588&postcount=234

..and then you got the thread shut down here:
http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=43247308&postcount=244

...because you refused to heed the warning.

What you are saying is extremely offensive, not to mention the fact that its just plain untrue that the pope is the antichrist. Try "living" the Gospel, instead pointing fingers and throwing out accusations.

Reactions: winsome
Upvote 0

Catholic Christian

May 12, 2007
United States
✟5,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, it is comes from an original work of Martin Luther..
I can quote Martin Luther saying that Mary is sinless AFTER he broke with the Church. Do you believe that too?
I can quote Martin Luther on "Consubstantiation". Do you accept Consubstantiation? Or do you just accept the things he says that suit your anti-catholic predjudices?
The sad fact is that the majority of Protestant and Evangelical Christians don't even know that Luther ID'd the Antichrist long before....
I'll tell you what the sad fact is: Its that people like you spread your hate around under the disguise of being a Christian. There's nothing more sad than that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, Catholics attack other folks all the time (although I've gotten used to being called a heretic by now...). Equal-opportunity bashing...

Actually it was the Father's of the church dealing with herecies up until 700 to 800 AD that covered most all herecies (I think).

Protestants just tend to fall in one or more of the old herecies by accident or intent.

Upvote 0

Catholic Christian

May 12, 2007
United States
✟5,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
[I said:
Melethiel[/I];43257441]Hey, Catholics attack other folks all the time (although I've gotten used to being called a heretic by now...). Equal-opportunity bashing...
Ah, so a moderator is giving the okay to bashing? Please remember that next time one of my posts is reported.

(...and I don't remember calling you a heretic...)

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, so a moderator is giving the okay to bashing? Please remember that next time one of my posts is reported.

Did I mention the secret cowardly snoop in GT is also ANTI-CATHOLIC.

But be glad because Jesus said we would be persecuted.

Praise the Lord! :clap:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

:D I wonder what the ration is of Roman catholics to non-Roman catholics being reported.
I never called the Pope the anti-christ yet I got reported for it :)

LLOJ....... Does not view the Roman Pontif or his denomination in revelation.

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Luke 23:13 And Pilate having called together the chief priests, and the rulers, and the people,
14 Said toward them "ye toward-carry to Me the man, this, as turning away the people, and behold I before of ye examining nothing found in the man, this, cause of which ye are accusing/kathgoreite <2723> (5719) against Him".

Reve 12:10 And I hear great voice saying in the Heaven: "Now became the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of the God of us, and the authority of the Christ of Him, that was cast the Accuser of the brothers of us, the accusing/kathgorwn <2723> (5723) them in sight of the God of us, of day and of night.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did I mention the secret cowardly snoop in GT is also ANTI-CATHOLIC.

But be glad because Jesus said we would be persecuted.
Praise the Lord! :clap:
:D How many non-Roman Christians were persecuted under the authority of the Pontif and his Court?

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Matt 10:23 "Whenever yet they [the Papacy] may be chasing/pursuing/persecuting/diwkwsin <1377> (5725) ye [Protestants]in the city, this, be fleeing/ into the other.
For Amen I am saying to ye, not no ye should be finishing the cities of the Israel till ever may be coming/elqh <2064> (5632) the Son of the Man".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.