Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read of that too. Many have been supervised by doctors.
There have been cases where doctors have signed off on it happening. At least one then I can think of off the top of my head. Blessed de costa I think. Not that you necessarily need Doctor to follow Miracle start to finish. But sometimes they do like Lourdes.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Factoid:

You have to eat to live. When Christ fed the 4000 he didn't say "You're all full now, yum" he actually made some food.
Jesus used mud and spit to heal a leper just by touching him (Matthew 8:1-4)
in the Old Testament Naaman was told by a Prophet to bathe 7 times in the Jordan river to be healed of lepersy

since miracles are not natural, their source is from outside of nature
we can not apply a direct cause and effect type thinking, atleast not like how we do with scientific things

Disagreeing is one thing; tinfoil hatting a claimed miracle of the Eucharist is another.
why would you expect any respect for the Eucharist from Protestants?

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus used mud and spit to heal a leper just by touching him (Matthew 8:1-4)
in the Old Testament Naaman was told by a Prophet to bathe 7 times in the Jordan river to be healed of lepersy

since miracles are not natural, their source is from outside of nature
we can not apply a direct cause and effect type thinking, at least not like how we do with scientific things

I had really, really long response written to this but, too long is too long.

People think if I don't buy the "miraculous" part of these stories somehow I'm just, well, you what you think of me.

But the truth is I like my Saints like a like my whiskey (sour, mashed and young - no, wait) straight and cold. Just tell me the story. These are human beings, they did stuff, they got to heaven. Maybe you have a shot too if you just try a little.

Dispite and in addition to anything else they might have done:

Padre Pio may have been the biggest jerk of the 20th Century.

Father Damian may or may not have been a religious/racial/ignorant bigot who may or may not have been so careless as to have caught a disease that
1) takes some effort to catch and
2) 9 out 10 humans have a natural immunity to.

Mother Teresa had personal and professional issues I don't even want to think about let alone address.

John Bosco wasn't called "The Don" for nothing. He had some shady shakedown / intimidation stuff going on.

Now, Don Bosco and some guy you never heard of named Baden Powell did more to help youth, especially boys, successfully transition to the industrial age as good, faithful men than anyone.

I think Father Damian my be one of the coolest people ever.

Ok, I have my issue with Mother Teresa and Padre Pio, but not primarily for the reasons listed above.

TL/DR: I think it unfair to come after us guys who don't buy the miracles as interlopers and naysayers, it's assuming facts not in evidence. Where just not made to ignore stuff others are willing to let go of.

Upvote 0