Married Teacher Fired Over Premarital Sex

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
I understand peoples oppinions on premarital sex, and living together, IMO its up to the two people and the god they believe in to decide if its right for them.
I also believe if you work for an organization that prides itself on being moral and following the beliefs set forth in the bible, that you should attempt to live up to those expectations. She did something that could not be concealed, and someone pointed out the immorality of her actions, thus the organization had to fire her, because she dealt directly with impressionable kids. All sin is equal, would you want an alcoholic teaching children morals? Would you want an unrepentant thief teaching morals to kids? She is a proven adulterer(biblical definition*, not legal), thus she has sinned while teaching children morals.
*having sex outside of wedlock, having sex with someone that you are not married too being the definition I am using. as opposed to the legal definition of having sex with someone while married to someone else, or having sex with someone that is married to somone else.

That isn't the Biblical definition. Adultery was punished by death. But sex between two unmarried people was punished by them being married. Clearly, sex between two unmarried people is not normal Biblical adultery.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
It is certainly valid, because there was speculation around Jesus' birth, which Josephus is well aware of. Not everyone believed that he was conceived by the Holy Spirit; there were other versions, which I am not about to repeat here, but some even said who the 'real' father was, and it wasn't God, nor Joseph.

And even if that were not the case, we are told that inasmuch as we do something to anyone, we do it to the Lord.

Therefore, the analogy stands, on both historic and theological grounds.

I think the biggest part we can draw from this is what Joseph planned to do before God told him about what happened. He planned to make the divorce quiet, so that Mary would not be punished (killed for adultery, being they were engaged, which counted close enough to marriage for her to be killed over it). He was being forgiving of such an act, even if he was wrong about what actually happened.

Upvote 0