Married by spouse gone away

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I was probably wrong in using this term but I don't know which one is appropriate. English is only my third language.

Wow! English is your third language, that is impressive.

I'm taking English as my 2nd language, I had to much trouble with it the first time:D

Ok bad joke..
Sadly it is really the only language I know...

Seriously, though, "GOD hates divorce" is often preached.
But the context would be the same as why you and I hate divorce too.

I would never teach my sons, that divorce is an option when you get older.

No!
We hate it too.
We hate it because it destroys people, it harms homes and children and extended families, it brings out the worst in us, and not the best.
So GOD 'hating it' is really us no different then HIM.

We love the people though, they (the divorced) are just like us (married folk) with us having different labels of sin.

But GOD condemns nobody, but rather, came to save them! john 3:17
Praise JESUS!

-eric

the-exchanged-life.blogspot.com/

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is it also a sin to exchange emails with a married man? We never met and never had even a sexual talk but just simple conversation to get to know each other. Can you explain me what biblical view forbid that?

In the context of a dating site, yes. That's adultery.

What I find amazing is this man (supposedly) had a scam marriage with a woman from another country, and he's looking for another woman from yet another country. I actually know a victim of a scam marriage where she was from another country. She was a real person and all that, but she left him after a year. He won't have anything to do with that stuff now, the mention of her home country makes him cringe. This guy you are "seeing" online is either a scamster or a fool.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I don't see this as adultery, especially since you have just had conversations, and his wife has presumably abandoned them.

The Bible has allowances for divorce, so there is no evidence that God will shun you for getting involved with a man who has an estranged wife. But be smart. Ask yourself why a man living in a state with a population of 19 million people hasn't found a woman there who trusts and understands him.

The Bible mentions the ability of a man to send off his wife with a written announcement that it's over. Basically that's what you are looking at. In the US, the signed paperwork needs to be filed with the town of residence.

This man is an american and I'm in a very far country from his, so I don't know the laws out there. And as a christian, I also want to know what I can do and cannot do. As for him, he says he fears God but I'm not sure he's born again.
A practicing Christian usually says they love God.

People who claim they are God-fearing can be Muslims, Hindi, Baha'ii...any religion using a generic term for their higher power. In American-influenced countries, anyway. If you believe it is important for you to marry a Christian, try to pray with him and see what his approach is.

I know that you are asking a question on divorce and remarriage, but reallyreally listen to what others are saying. No one can get a feel for what life will be like with someone until they spend some time with them. Do they watch TV 24 hour hours a day, do they show up late for work, do they work at all, do they get so absorbed online that they have no social life or exercise, does he mistreat his child.

He can say whatever he wants online to get what he wants, but if you are going to sign on to a partnership, know what you're getting into.

To me, it sounds like he wants a woman who will watch his baby and cook for him ... and he knows American women don't readily agree to that. Especially in New York, lol. They would consider a man like that lazy and insulting.

Women in certain countries sometimes want to marry their way out, so he might look for one that might see him as having something they need -- the citizenship. That might not be on your mind.

Be very, very careful.

Upvote 0

true2theword

Nov 8, 2012
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(Sorry the title should be "Married BUT spouse gone away", I don't know how to edit it)

Hi all,

I'm dating (online) a man who has been married (I've just learnt it) to a woman and had a child with her. This woman didn't want to have a baby and told him that she was not supposed to get pregnant because it restrained her from going to club. He begged her to stop being such a kind of woman but when the baby was 9 months, she went away (probably back to her country), leaving the child with him and never returned. Broken-hearted and deceived, he didn't try to find her anymore and now doesn't want to even talk about her.

I told him I was not okay with that situation and cannot have any relationship with him as long as he's legally married. He told me that he'd divorce at the very time the woman shows up but she's missing.

This man is an american and I'm in a very far country from his, so I don't know the laws out there. And as a christian, I also want to know what I can do and cannot do. As for him, he says he fears God but I'm not sure he's born again.

Any advice appreciated, thank you.

he is not God's choice for you, keep your eyes on the Lord and the man He brings you will meet all your expectations and more!

Upvote 0

nyar

Feb 8, 2010
✟15,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Parsley,
Thank you, your post is the most helpful for me until now. Like you, I wonder why he hasn't yet found someone who matches his needs there until now, though there can be many reasons. And you're right that the best way to know someone is to spend time with him but it's difficult in my case. I know his job and his need for love but my biggest threat is to become his cook and baby-sitter :D in a country where I know nothing and no one.

Upvote 0