Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have a particular love song that expresses most clearly how you feel about your wife or husband? Mine has always been Seal’s “Waiting For You.” My wife came to me at a time when I was involved in a long failed relationship with a woman God never intended me to be with. Long story short, finally a woman arrived in my life who loved me, genuinely loved me. Where I would be today without her, I have no idea, but as the song goes, “How am I supposed to be the king without you?” No one will ever be as accepting and understanding of me as the woman God gave me, possibly because He knew she was what I needed more than anything else in this world.

Annabella, if you ever read these words…. give me a long look in my eyes, and let me figure out what it means… and be on guard if I do. :sparklingheart:

Waiting For You (Video) - Seal

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:holdinghands:, How sweet, I am in the same boat, brother. Without my wife, I wouldn't be where I am in my walk with the Lord ! I know she is the one He had planned for me all along. I do like that song. Mine is Don Williams' You're my best friend
I always tell her that too, I don't know where I would be without you.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always tell her that too, I don't know where I would be without you.

While I was never into country music, I could see how a woman would definitely be comfortable hearing a song like that for the rest of her life. :)

Thank you for sharing, HML. I appreciate it. :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sweet thread. "Annie's Song" and "It Had to Be You" were the main songs at our wedding.

I remember listening to John Denver's music when I was a kid. I guess I wasn't old enough to appreciate just how beautiful the words to Annie's Song really were. Thanks for posting. If it's alright with you I'll post that one below. To anyone else who posts on this thread, please take the time if you can to find a good Youtube video you like of your song and post it, if you can find one. I would have posted a direct link to Youtube video for mine, but apparently that particular song, i.e. the official video release, has come under so much copyright violation that it is no longer accessible anywhere accept on corporate websites with the rights to it.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I asked my wife and she loves the Don Williams song, she said this is the song she likes about me, Martina McBride "There You Are"
God I thank you for bringing this woman into my life

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I asked my wife and she loves the Don Williams song, she said this is the song she likes about me, Martina McBride "There You Are"
God I thank you for bringing this woman into my life

I'll be watching your wife's later this evening. Thought I'd thank you for asking her, because it got me to thinking that I've never asked my wife what song most came to mind when she thought of me. I'll explain in my next post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... I was utterly shocked. Asked her just as second ago when she came home from work and she said, "Indescribable" (Chris Tomlin). I said, "What?... that's a worship song." She said "I told you that a long time ago." I used to play this song a lot for worship, especially at home, and I knew she always loved it because she kept requesting it over and over and over until I got sick of singing it. I had no idea she was thinking of me...

It is a worship song, so I'm having to take a sec and figure out exactly what it means to her specifically, but I'm guessing it's because I always seek to be a vessel of my God to her continually, and to everyone else in my life wherever possible. An unbelievable honor to me that she would see me in such a way. I'm amazed and stunned. <tears>

Upvote 0

little1

Apr 18, 2017
melbourne
✟9,926.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh this is such a cute thread. I love it

My husband and I are newly weds we don't have any songs yet. I just asked him and he said "I want to grow old with you" from the wedding singer .. not sure I've seen it
I'll look it up now
:)
I haven't been into music except worship for so long now. I want to find a song
I'll start my searching
:)
I need a song where a guy helps and loves a girl even though she is not very good girl. And I do the same he's hopeless too ha and I still love and help him. But we know we can't rescue each other really because altimatley only God can fix the pain of life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I are approaching our 40th anniversary (this September) but we never had our own song.

I have written 2 "wedding songs" - one for couple getting married and one for a couple restating their vows on their 10th anniversary.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need a song where a guy helps and loves a girl even though she is not very good girl. And I do the same he's hopeless too ha and I still love and help him. But we know we can't rescue each other really because altimatley only God can fix the pain of life.

My advice: Each of you pray regularly to become a manifestation of Christ's love to one another, in your daily activities together, in your quiet times together, and maybe especially in your intimate times together. You'll rescue each other so completely that you'll be lost in each other continually (and lost in your Father's love as well).

Upvote 0

OceanPoet87

Husband 'N Wifi
Feb 7, 2012
Near Lewiston, ID
✟13,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have been married for three years and our anniversary song is "We will dance" by Stephen Curtis Chapman. We only listen to it on our anniversary and by tradition we slow dance to the song together. In our first few months we always listened to it together but then we stopped and it has become a yearly thing. It makes the moment special.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have been married for three years and our anniversary song is "We will dance" by Stephen Curtis Chapman.
Never heard that before. Very nice.

It reminded me of this (If you like to waltz):

Might be a good follow up. (If you wanted to keep dancing)

Upvote 0