• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Marriage in the age to come

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Dkh587, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Dkh587

Dkh587 David דויד Supporter

+833
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    This is a hard teaching for me. If I take it at face value, it seems that people will not be husband and wife in heaven, that we will be like the angels, who don’t procreate, and who aren’t in relationships, and that we will all exist as children of God. This only makes sense since God is our father & Messiah is our brother, and we are “the sons of God” through the Messiah.

What are your thoughts?

Luke 20:27-40 NIV

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. salt-n-light

salt-n-light Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,310
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Not a hard teaching for me.

3. Dkh587

Dkh587 David דויד Supporter

+833
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    So what do you think? Is he saying that the concept of husband and wives don’t exist in the resurrection? It seems to me that he is, but I am open to others interpretation. I would love to know what @gadar perets thinks regarding this subject and Messiah’s response

What will the relationship be like between former husbands and wives?

I say it’s hard because for me, I don’t fully understand, but it’s something I accept, and want to understand better...

4. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+979
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    When you die you will see how Jesus is your best friend and will talk to you and laugh with you and have many fun real adventures with you, you will not have time for a wife or children in heaven nor will you want them.

5. salt-n-light

salt-n-light Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,310
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    They will just be brothers and sisters.

6. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,314
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    What would the children of those humans now in heaven be, they would not be Born Again.
    Would they be a race unto themselves, only Spiritual beings, but not Angels?

Nah we don't need marriage, we Got Jesus.:clap:

7. Noxot

Noxot tohu and bohu Supporter

+1,929
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    heaven is heaven because we are married to God. I think creature-procreation is done away with, which is what those laws were about. what marriage is to an earthly person and what it is to a heavenly one are very different things. I doubt that many understand angels very well.

John 3:12 (ESV2011)
    If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

8. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+4,965
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    So married life is that good?
    I was thinking it was more of a challenge and
    opportunity for personal growth. Less than perfect.

9. Eloy Craft

Eloy Craft Myth only points, Truth happened! Supporter

+553
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    We have sex because we die. If you no longer die there will be no urge whatsoever for sex.

But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels.