• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Marriage for a companionship and no kids??

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by gospels, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Lady Bug

Lady Bug Let's get real Supporter

+7,721
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I have a question, are you referring to the "fruitful and multiply" commandment to people already married, or do you think that people who do not have children in general are committing sin? That commandment was given to Adam and Eve specifically, not to everyone in the human race.

2. HisGraceAbounds

HisGraceAbounds Member Supporter

+89
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Ask forgiveness for what? I was not at fault for what happened, and i will not ask for forgiveness for not polluting the gene pool with my filth. The human race is not going to suffer by my staying away from breeding. If He wanted me to breed, then it would have happened and i wouldnt have had to learn a hard lesson with a woman lacking morals who treated me like dog poop stuck to the bottom of her shoe.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  3. Aabbie James

Aabbie James A Slave of Christ Jesus

+266
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    We're nearly the same age and this describes my current situation too.
    Pray for God's will be done. And should marriage be His plan for us, that He put a God fearing man in our path, a man who places the LORD above all else in his life.
    Marriage and children are the capstone of the family in society. However, by God's will and providence, not all people will marry, not all people will have children.
    We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps. Seek His will through prayer.
    That presents a real challenge, to find a husband who is equally yoked.
    Not all people will marry, in some cases it is better not to marry. When it comes to marriage, are we willingly going to daily clothe ourselves in these things in order to have a healthy, holy marriage? It's something our Heavenly Father commands we do.

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

4. gennypearl

gennypearl ... Supporter

+43,526
    Philippines
    Catholic
    Single
    I know of people who feels the same way like you do. Praying you'll find the guy you're looking for.

5. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,977
    Christian
    Married
    in 1 Corinthians, Paul spoke directly to couples who chose to have no children in order to better dedicate themselves to the Lord. He told them it was not a problem.