Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you get married, you might change your mind.

However, there are many worse things than being unmarried. One of them is marrying the wrong person.
Even if you marry supposedly the wrong person God can work that out too.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟449,558.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just really like solitude....I like being alone. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Forever solitude? So not even friends and no fellowship? I hope not. Heaven is not a place where you can keep solitude.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟76,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God will make a way.
Are we forgetting? If it is not according to sound doctrine?

We reap what we sow.

If we have our mind transformed by the regular intake of sound doctrine?

We then reap what God sows.

Too many are quick to conform and compromise and go along with the approved thinking of well intentioned men.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟449,558.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just really like solitude....I like being alone. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Is there any specific reason why you like being alone. I like solitude as well. I mean I like the benefits of being single. I love my personal time with God. However, there are still times I long for a social connection, a sense of belonging and a passion to love someone and feel loved. Paul said each one has been given their gift. Some people just need lot of personal time to themselves. It’s a personality type (INTJ personality type). Sometimes it’s a passing phase. It’s results due to certain upbringing and life experiences. Sometimes it could be selfishness. Sometimes when I’m trying to keep to myself, I hear God telling me to reach out to people and learn to deny myself and give away my time for others regardless of what I like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stranger36147

Mar 17, 2015
✟25,403.00
Faith
Other Religion
Is there any specific reason why you like being alone. I like solitude as well. I mean I like the benefits of being single. I love my personal time with God. However, there are still times I long for a social connection, a sense of belonging and a passion to love someone and feel loved. Paul said each one has been given their gift. Some people just need lot of personal time to themselves. It’s a personality type (INTJ personality type). Sometimes it’s a passing phase. It’s results due to certain upbringing and life experiences. Sometimes it could be selfishness. Sometimes when I’m trying to keep to myself, I hear God telling me to reach out to people and learn to deny myself and give away my time for others though I don’t like it very much.
I'm just not a people person. And people have never been fond of me either. So it works out good. By living a reclusive life, I don't have to deal with people....and they don't have to deal with me. Everyone's happy. Well, sort of.

Plus too....I just feel the most comfortable when I'm alone. It's probably because of the life I've lived. I was never around people much and....as a result, it doesn't feel right when I AM around people, if that makes sense.

Be it one person or more than one....I just don't like it. And I'm happy and at peace when I'm by myself.

So....it is what it is, I guess.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟449,558.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm just not a people person. And people have never been fond of me either. So it works out good. By living a reclusive life, I don't have to deal with people....and they don't have to deal with me. Everyone's happy. Well, sort of.

Plus too....I just feel the most comfortable when I'm alone. It's probably because of the life I've lived. I was never around people much and....as a result, it doesn't feel right when I AM around people, if that makes sense.

Be it one person or more than one....I just don't like it. And I'm happy and at peace when I'm by myself.

So....it is what it is, I guess.

It makes sense because I have been through similar experience. I understand. People were not fond of you and you have settled for it. I wish people were not like that to you. I guess any amount of discussions and replies won’t be of much use unless someone comes along and loves you like crazy. Only such love will be able to touch and soften your heart. I hope that right people come into your life and that you experience love by connecting with others.

Love is worth all the pain. Love is a greater place than your comfort place. You may have found peace and happiness in your comfort zone but have you evaluated what is the right thing to do. God said “it’s not good for mankind to be alone”. If He said so, then it is not good for us to be all alone forever. He created and kept us here for love and fellowship with each other. Love reached out and came down for you from heaven. Jesus left His comfort place knowing His own people won’t like Him and reject Him. Love is worth the sacrifice and dying for. To love is to be vulnerable. (I'm not specifically talking of a romantic love, just asking to consider making some friends, brothers and sisters in Christ).

I’m reminded of the demon possessed man that Jesus heals in Mark 5. He lived among tombs away from everyone and found his place of comfort. No one could do anything about him. May be I can’t say or do much. I pray and hope that the Lord gives you a new heart.

Ezekiel 36:26- And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cclun

cclun
Mar 19, 2019
OH
✟9,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I’m 31, never married and never been in a relationship. I keeping celibate because I’m not wanting to have children. I love kids but I’m not too passionate about bearing children. I still desire for a companion with whom I can grow as a Christian. I’m very passionate about God and want to invest my time in prayer, worship, bible study, and helping others. Marriage and children are a great blessing but I might get busy and have very less personal time with God. That’s another reason I like about remaining single. I will marry if and only when I find a man who is a passionate Christian and is okay with having no kids. But there are very very few men who also do not want kids. And, the few men who do not want children are not passionate Christians. So I might end up unmarried for my lifetime, which is fine. Are there anyone in same situation?
Sounds like you really want to service God with your life, but as a mother myself, I firmly believe in God's call for married women to have children. While raising our kids, we have the first and foremost responsibility to raise human beings (future generation) to impact the kingdom. That is really the greatest call for married women and I believe It is in God's design for us (if we are married). I know or myself my greatest mission field is within my family.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do seem as a lady who have this all well thought through. You are also open for if you may become unexpectantly pregnant, and will ask God for His help in this.

The wisest choice to make is that you put this all before God, letting Him know about your wishes but at the same time asking Him what He has in mind for you. As He knows what's best for you, and sometimes it can be in ways which we may not consider as best for us when looking at our own will.

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aleph Ayin-Ar

Jun 27, 2019
Oslo
✟8,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Haven't read all the posts.

There are also in some traditions a history of monastic life for those who feel called to chastity. Orthodoxy certainly, and most people are familiar with Catholic monasti

Not sure if I would go to the lutheran church when looking for good practices regarding holy matrimony, they marry men to men and women to women there, which I believe is pretty much against Scripture..
I was sad when I saw a rainbow flag flying from the Church of St Paul in Oslo :(

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,449,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I’m 31, never married and never been in a relationship. I keeping celibate because I’m not wanting to have children. I love kids but I’m not too passionate about bearing children. I still desire for a companion with whom I can grow as a Christian. I’m very passionate about God and want to invest my time in prayer, worship, bible study, and helping others. Marriage and children are a great blessing but I might get busy and have very less personal time with God. That’s another reason I like about remaining single. I will marry if and only when I find a man who is a passionate Christian and is okay with having no kids. But there are very very few men who also do not want kids. And, the few men who do not want children are not passionate Christians. So I might end up unmarried for my lifetime, which is fine. Are there anyone in same situation?

2 Corinthians 7:36-38 speaks of this.

It's not clear because certain concepts have changed. First, in the 1st century, "marriage" explicitly meant "getting the wife pregnant." By "marriage" Paul is talking specifically about having children.

In fact, the Latin (which Paul's audience spoke) phrase for "to marry" is "in matrimonium ducere" which literally means "to lead into motherhood."

Nevertheless, he who purposes surely in his heart, having no need, but has power over his own will, and has thus determined in his heart that he will keep his virgin, does well.

Paul is talking about a couple that does not intend to have children. Given the lack of birth control and the Christian aversion to abortion that existed even then (which pagan Roman women did use, both surgical and chemical), avoiding pregnancy essentially meant abstinence between the betrothed.

However, Paul is also talking about such a decision being made for the purpose of the couple giving maximum effort to the Great Commission, not for selfish reasons.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aleph Ayin-Ar

Jun 27, 2019
Oslo
✟8,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is there any specific reason why you like being alone. I like solitude as well. I mean I like the benefits of being single. I love my personal time with God. However, there are still times I long for a social connection, a sense of belonging and a passion to love someone and feel loved. Paul said each one has been given their gift. Some people just need lot of personal time to themselves. It’s a personality type (INTJ personality type). Sometimes it’s a passing phase. It’s results due to certain upbringing and life experiences. Sometimes it could be selfishness. Sometimes when I’m trying to keep to myself, I hear God telling me to reach out to people and learn to deny myself and give away my time for others regardless of what I like.
heyyyyy! fellow INTJ'er! Suuuup? Havent done the test since before I was born-again though, I probably should, because I do feel like my personality has.. if not changed, then been restored.. Like I no longer like the things I had to learn to like, cus theyre wholly unholy and wicked and worldly haha. Im starting to think I may do want kids after all, though.. I dunno, I let God guide me through Scripture and through The Holy Spirit.
ONe thing I have learned, though. And that is that GOD does not make suggestions, even if it may appear as a choice - When tells you to do something, that is a commandment. And we're not to be disobedient. I dont know exactly why I wrote that, but yeah, there ya go :)
Hope you find a man who wants the same as you :) God bless!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if I would go to the lutheran church when looking for good practices regarding holy matrimony, they marry men to men and women to women there, which I believe is pretty much against Scripture..
I was sad when I saw a rainbow flag flying from the Church of St Paul in Oslo :(
That is sad.

And actually, I was talking about not marrying ...

The Lutherans I know (admittedly not many) are mostly very conservative. But I know there is some variation especially between synods.

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aleph Ayin-Ar

Jun 27, 2019
Oslo
✟8,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is sad.

And actually, I was talking about not marrying ...

The Lutherans I know (admittedly not many) are mostly very conservative. But I know there is some variation especially between synods.

Welcome to CF!

Yeah its pretty horrible. People in my country don't even view a fetus as life at all, they are wicked, wicked people.. SO Im joyous about my salvation! And I thank you for the welcome :)

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟449,558.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
" 4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. "

The prosperity ages are gone where God gave His people whatever they wanted, lands, riches, and what not. Finally, God gave us His only son Jesus and done with it. We live in different times where we don't belong anymore. Now, God's work is to prepare us for His coming and even if it takes us to suffer loneliness, He will do it and i must learn to accept and endure it and be thankful to Him for my suffering. He still grants the desires of my heart whichever He decides in His wisdom but not all that i desire, He instead tells that His grace is sufficient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aleph Ayin-Ar

Jun 27, 2019
Oslo
✟8,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thats kinda my views on things too. FOr a long time, I didnt want kids. THen now I have a warmer feeling about, BUT I'm pretty sure there's a lot of tribulation coming this way, and well, if God tells me to bring a child into this world, I would oblige, and happily so, but not everyone are to be saved, while we are to share the Gospel with all of creation, we also have the commandment to let what is unholy remain unholy. I dunno, a kid these days would 100% have to be homeschooled. The sick things I was taught at school, the freaks I had to be around.. They gave me hardcore inappropriate contentography when I was 8 or 9!
WHether you have one or not, one thing is for certain, this world is certainly no place for children.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟76,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible teaches that some of Davids best soldiers were loners.

God designs some animals to travel in packs. Others, by design will live alone. Likewise for men/ Many of the prophets were alone. Nothing wrong with either as long as its God's design for you. I love my solitude as well.

Upvote 0