Visit site
✟674,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some traditions are based upon human opinion and bias. Its cruel. The Bible teaches that the marriage bed is undefiled. Hebrews 13:4 What a man and the wife mutually agree to is no one's business. If they truly love each other and are one in mind, its determined by themselves as one. Marriage- like Christianity - is for adults.

I was once told Hebrews 13:4 meant anything goes in the marriage bed, but some interpret it to me 'don't do anything to defile the marriage bed. ' If you read it in context the latter interpretation also checks out. Right or wrong, some Christians are expressly told what they can and cannot do in the marriage bed.

Here's the full verse : [Let] marriage [be] had in honor among all, and [let] the bed [be] undefiled: for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

Upvote 0

Goose0612

May 6, 2015
✟8,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I’m 31, never married and never been in a relationship. I keeping celibate because I’m not wanting to have children. I love kids but I’m not too passionate about bearing children. I still desire for a companion with whom I can grow as a Christian. I’m very passionate about God and want to invest my time in prayer, worship, bible study, and helping others. Marriage and Children are a great blessing but I might get busy and have very less personal time with God. That’s another reason I like about remaining single. I will marry if and only when I find a man who is a passionate Christian and is okay with having no kids. But there are very very few men who also do not want kids and too difficult to find one, he could be in another country. I keep trying online but found none like that. And, the few men who do not want children are not passionate Christians. So I might end up unmarried for my lifetime. Are there anyone in same situation? What are your thoughts?

Upvote 0

Goose0612

May 6, 2015
✟8,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I’m 31, never married and never been in a relationship. I keeping celibate because I’m not wanting to have children. I love kids but I’m not too passionate about bearing children. I still desire for a companion with whom I can grow as a Christian. I’m very passionate about God and want to invest my time in prayer, worship, bible study, and helping others. Marriage and Children are a great blessing but I might get busy and have very less personal time with God. That’s another reason I like about remaining single. I will marry if and only when I find a man who is a passionate Christian and is okay with having no kids. But there are very very few men who also do not want kids and too difficult to find one, he could be in another country. I keep trying online but found none like that. And, the few men who do not want children are not passionate Christians. So I might end up unmarried for my lifetime. Are there anyone in same situation? What are your thoughts?

Upvote 0

Goose0612

May 6, 2015
✟8,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Loneliness is one of the sufferings that born again Christians learn to endure in Satan's wicked world system. We must always remember that we are foreigners and strangers in this world, and that our citizenship is in heaven. The answer to all of your questions is actually a very simple one, although our flesh may not like the answer.
As a born again christian, who have received God's holy spirit, our challenge is to leave all things in Christ's hands, knowing that he will guide and lead us to what is best for us (God's will for us). We try to work these things out at our own peril. Matthew 6:33 is a great passage that instructs us to seek god and his kingdom first, and everything you need will be given you.
As for marriage, Matthew 19:11-12 is very clear that marriage is not for everyone. Christ is our all and always has a unique and solid plan for us as individuals. It is always unwise to take a human opinion poll and ask others what they would do or have done as far as marriage or any other life event or circumstance. God's promise to us is not that we will not have problems and/or sufferrings, that is a given for everyone on earth. Christ's promise is that if we surrender our life and heart to him, then we will always receive whatever outcome we receive with thanksgiving, knowing that all things, even sufferings work together for good, to transform us to conform more and more to the image of Jesus.(Romans 8:28).
Loneliness is a device of Satan that will test your patience and trust in Jesus. Pray to the holy spirit incesscessantly, and seek God' perspective, power, and guidance. Resist the urge to figure things out yourself as best you can.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It’s not about loneliness, rather more about experiencing this special connection, to know what it is like to receive and give such love and experience the love and beauty of God that can be understood only through a marriage. Also its about studying the scriptures and praying together with my husband that excites me and is what I’m hoping for. Though singleness is also great for a Christian.
You need a very good pastor-teacher if you have not found one yet. We are all to limited in study without having this gift... with training. Most pastors shoot from the hip and the congregations are at his mercy. Very few are capable of being fluent in the Hebrew and Greek as to teach with accuracy. There are many things that English translations must miss in order to keep the Bible the size as we see it. One Greek word might take a paragraph to clarify its meaning. God has provided for those who crave to know truth. Other crave to have something that sounds like truth, but its not what God's Word tells us. Its a spiritual battle. I would rather be at the mercy of God, than the mercy of men. And, demons. God wants us to know His Word above all else. There would be no God if He had not provided at least some men who can competently teach. Teaching that sits deep and satisfies your soul. Because the Holy Spirit will be one with you when its sound teaching. Not something to stimulate and entertain. The emotional believers who live by their emotions keep those teachers coming along.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope you two get together, it seems like you both got a lot in common
That is not enough in itself. It could be from God. But this has now turned into a dating service. It has a cheapened feel to it that way.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope you two get together, it seems like you both got a lot in common
What if you and I had a lot in common? :scratch: Many people have things in common.

One thing many have in common today is mediocre, or bad marriages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was once told Hebrews 13:4 meant anything goes in the marriage bed, but some interpret it to me 'don't do anything to defile the marriage bed. ' If you read it in context the latter interpretation also checks out. Right or wrong, some Christians are expressly told what they can and cannot do in the marriage bed.

Here's the full verse : [Let] marriage [be] had in honor among all, and [let] the bed [be] undefiled: for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
It says that the marriage bed is undefiled. Its also saying not to commit adultery. Fornicators refers to the phallic cults common in the world at that time.

Many in the Roman culture treated casual sex as if they were simply eating food. Do you have any moral compunction when ordering a slice of pizza? The Greek culture that permeated the Roman world saw sex as just another normal physical function like eating food ... Having no more a moral attachment to it than going out to eat steak.

Promiscuity (what we would call it today) was an unquestioned norm to them. That is why some get confused about Paul's writings to the gentiles. Paul was not a prude. He did not hate sex. He was trying to reign in the amoral norms that gentile believers were accustomed to. They were accustomed to going to the pagan temples to have a good meal.. and maybe have sex with either a male prostitute.. female prostitute... child prostitute.. and for some, even animals. The sex was seen as a religious obligation. The pagan temple sex is what the word fornication meant to them back then.

It was a weird amoral world before God began moving in the gentile nations of the Roman Empire.

You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food,
and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is
not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the
Lord for the body."
1 Cor 6:13​

Paul needed to write that because that was the attitude they held before they believed in Christ. Sex with any one they wished to them was like going to a McDonald's to get a hamburger. What we call infidelity today, to them was simply an accepted a way of life.

There divorce rate was very low because almost no one married for love. They married to keep their race going. Sex outside of marriage was their accepted life style. Rome was almost totally decadent.. and there comes along the Church to knock it on its rear!

Regeneration introduced these gentile believers to knowing love for the first time. That is why the NT speaks so much about love to the pagan world. The Holy Spirit was being transformational to the world. The indwelling Holy Spirit being spread with the Church as it was taking back from Satan God's creation of man.

God created man for love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me... its written.. God said "As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it." So.. to NOT do that so I might get closer to God.. sorry.. God didnt suggest or hint.. it was a command.

Now.. that being said.. if its hard for you.. looking at men/women.. hard to control..its best to be married. But to give ones self to Him and only Him.. YES praise GOD!

Interesting. So God would want you to do something you feel you cannot physically or emotionally handle because He wants you to?

I have a disability. I cannot physically handle the demands of children. Nor am I equipped emotionally to deal with the stress of having children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need a very good pastor-teacher if you have not found one yet. We are all to limited in study without having this gift... with training. Most pastors shoot from the hip and the congregations are at his mercy. Very few are capable of being fluent in the Hebrew and Greek as to teach with accuracy. There are many things that English translations must miss in order to keep the Bible the size as we see it. One Greek word might take a paragraph to clarify its meaning. God has provided for those who crave to know truth. Other crave to have something that sounds like truth, but its not what God's Word tells us. Its a spiritual battle. I would rather be at the mercy of God, than the mercy of men. And, demons. God wants us to know His Word above all else. There would be no God if He had not provided at least some men who can competently teach. Teaching that sits deep and satisfies your soul. Because the Holy Spirit will be one with you when its sound teaching. Not something to stimulate and entertain. The emotional believers who live by their emotions keep those teachers coming along.

To understand the original Hebrew texts I listen to Messianic Jew Rabbi’s who are devoted believers led by the Holy Spirit. A husband is not a replacement for a good pastor/teacher or Holy Spirit. That’s not what I’m after. There is nothing wrong in desiring to study bible, pray and worship with a husband. It’s a great happiness and an excitment in my spirit to be able to do my most favorite and important activities along with my partner. Just as any fellowships with other believers. That doesn’t mean I’m led by emotions and looking to entertain myself. It is possible to study bible, pray and worship with a husband in truth and in spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To understand the original Hebrew texts I listen to Messianic Jew Rabbi’s who are devoted believers led by the Holy Spirit. A husband is not a replacement for a good pastor/teacher or Holy Spirit. That’s not what I’m after. There is nothing wrong in desiring to study bible, pray and worship with a husband. It’s a great happiness and an excitment in my spirit to be able to do my most favorite and important activities along with my partner. Just as any fellowships with other believers. That doesn’t mean I’m led by emotions and looking to entertain myself. It is possible to study bible, pray and worship with a husband in truth and in spirit.

I wish you well.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Haven't read all the posts.

Yes, there are sometimes marriages where the couple essentially live as brother and sister, and this of course needs to be agreed upon in advance by both. (Sometimes called "white marriages".) And it is a very rare situation. There should be mature spiritual oversight. Especially care needs to be taken that they don't begin to think of themselves as "more spiritual" or otherwise advanced above those who have a typical marriage.

There are also in some traditions a history of monastic life for those who feel called to chastity. Orthodoxy certainly, and most people are familiar with Catholic monastics. I have heard of Lutheran, but I'm not sure if women are included. There may be others.

If you are unsure of your life path, I would be very careful and take time discerning it. Some mistakes that could be made could be serious (i.e. you don't want to marry and have it end up being incompatible on such foundational things).

God be with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.