Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has on occasion assigned me to minister to people in public places. That is, outside the church. What I am calling in the title to this topic, "the marketplace". Whether it is out shopping or in the work environment, or wherever, outside the church walls.

And, of course, we are always to be prepared to share, with others, the hope that we possess.

Testimony was given at church on Sunday of a man that works as a truck driver, who makes crosses in the dirt on the back of the trucks with his finger as he prays over the trucks and the drivers. Someone at work finally "caught" him in the act and said he wondered who was doing that. Which led to a conversation about spiritual things.

What's your story?

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Over the years I've passed out tracts, visited jails and a local prison witnessing for Christ. Helped with music in tent meetings a couple of times. Also witnessing on the factory floor and other jobs. Donating books in place of tracts. etc... Today mostly internet forum contributions.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Over the years I've passed out tracts, visited jails and a local prison witnessing for Christ. Helped with music in tent meetings a couple of times. Also witnessing on the factory floor and other jobs. Donating books in place of tracts. etc... Today mostly internet forum contributions.
Thanks, Dave.
That reminds me of the prison ministry I used to be involved in many years ago.
I oftentimes got more out of our Friday night Bible study than I did in church on Sunday.

Do you have any testimonies of "unscheduled" divine appointments?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Dave.
That reminds me of the prison ministry I used to be involved in many years ago.
I oftentimes got more out of our Friday night Bible study than I did in church on Sunday.

Do you have any testimonies of "unscheduled" divine appointments?
I think most of my on the job witnessing was spontaneous. Mostly but not always responsive instead of aggressive.

Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
God has on occasion assigned me to minister to people in public places. That is, outside the church. What I am calling in the title to this topic, "the marketplace". Whether it is out shopping or in the work environment, or wherever, outside the church walls.

And, of course, we are always to be prepared to share, with others, the hope that we possess.

Testimony was given at church on Sunday of a man that works as a truck driver, who makes crosses in the dirt on the back of the trucks with his finger as he prays over the trucks and the drivers. Someone at work finally "caught" him in the act and said he wondered who was doing that. Which led to a conversation about spiritual things.

What's your story?
I have been doing market place ministry for the last 2 years. I do it in public transportation places (called taxis and boda-bodas in Uganda). I also go to remote villages with a group of 5 other evangelists on mission trips. We don't earn much but we pool some money together, clothing, food and give to the poor and needy. We also equip the local churches in those areas to teach the Word of God and do evangelism. I have witnessed people get healed of sicknesses, and a witch doctor get saved among many testimonies. We are believing God to provide a car for easier transportation and He will do it. Thank you for sharing

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was in full-time ministry for a number of years and then became a postman,continuing also with ministry in churches,but also being a witness in the work place and on my post rounds. Several came to know the Lord that we know of,but who knows but God what gospel seeds were sown to be reaped by others!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have stood in the open air near the market and preached the Word of God. I have given out tracts and ministered in old people's homes. We are to sow the Word of God and reap what we can,but God gives the increase!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Let the song go 'round the earth,Jesus Christ is Lord. Sound His praises tell His worth,by His name adored. Every clime and every tongue,join the grand,the glorious song' (Sarah G Stock)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Out for coffee Saturday morning with my best friend, who happens to be agnostic, and he asked me about the book of Timothy. I gave him a quick overview of author, recipient, and explained that it was a letter (epistle) written to Timothy a young leader in the early church. Even used the "epistle is the wife of an apostle" joke. I had to tell him it was a joke. lol

So much biblical illiteracy these days. I use my marketplace ministry time to reverse the problem. Often bringing biblical truths into the discussion.

My friend wanted to know why Timothy wasn't included in the Bible. Say what? I assured him that it was in fact in the Bible. Considered a minor epistle and placed in the NT accordingly.

I encouraged him to read it. (it's short) Interestingly, he said he had not been able to locate his Bible since he moved his residence. (more typical for him to show disinterest) I emailed him a link to 1 Timothy so he could read it.

I would appreciate prayer from whoever reads this post for Terry. That God's word would come alive for him. And that he would be hungry for more. And more importantly for a restored relationship with God.

He is just one of many divorced men God has given me to befriend. Although I already knew Terry prior. My posture with these men has been to be a friend they can hang out with that will not lecture or criticize them, or offer advice unless they ask for it. A friend they can count on to just be there as positive support.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
he asked me about the book of Timothy, , wanted to know why Timothy wasn't included in the Bible"
Did someone drop it on his ear? :) I mean, , where did he think it originated from? Curious.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did someone drop it on his ear? :) I mean, , where did he think it originated from? Curious.
The next day I sent a follow-up email to ask him why he was interested.
I haven't got a reply. I'm supposed to see him again next Saturday.
I'll ask him then if I don't hear anything back.

He grew up Lutheran, but has no memory of the Timothy books in the Bible.
Then again, he has been through a lot. The divorce put him in a mental ward more than once. And he is on a lot of meds. Twenty pills a day at last count.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The next day I sent a follow-up email to ask him why he was interested.
I haven't got a reply. I'm supposed to see him again next Saturday.
I'll ask him then if I don't hear anything back.

He grew up Lutheran, but has no memory of the Timothy books in the Bible.
Then again, he has been through a lot. The divorce put him in a mental ward more than once. And he is on a lot of meds. Twenty pills a day at last count.
Praying for Terry

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for Terry
Thanks. I'll see Terry today. I am expecting a miracle.

I just watched this incredible movie about marketplace ministry.

The Last Reformation - The Beginning (2016) - FULL MOVIE

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Testimony. (divine appointment)

Yesterday morning I headed out the door with my wife to go to the Social Security office to help with some paperwork. We talked all about healing on the way there. I had been sharing some links with her. She saw the Last Reformation movie number one. (the beginning)

We arrived at the location at opening and there was long line outside already. So we waited in the car and talked some more until we saw the initial line go in. Then we started to make our way to the building to get in line as more were showing up.

No sooner did we get in line than a man was making his way to the back of the line where we were coming to us with a walker, struggling to make his way, but seeming friendly and polite. As soon as he found his spot behind me he began talking to me. lol

It was obvious to my wife and I that this was a divine appointment. So I engaged with him about his difficulties. He shared readily the whole situation with me. I asked about what the condition prevented him from doing. (I wanted a way to measure progress while we prayed) So I asked him if he had ever received prayer for his condition. He said he had, and asked if I wanted to pray for him too. I asked him if he was a believer (yes he was) and began to pray for him as we moved through the line.

He said he had a plate and screws in his back that needed to be removed. When I put a hand in that area I could feel heat. I asked him if he felt anything. (nothing to report) I informed him later of the Bethel church in Redding CA, where they had good success with metal disappearing when they prayed. We didn't see any progress on the spot, but my wife was good to assure him that the process was just beginning and that he would see results later in the day. My wife has prophetic abilities, so we'll go with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Testimony. (divine appointment)

Yesterday morning I headed out the door with my wife to go to the Social Security office to help with some paperwork. We talked about all healing on the way there. I had been sharing some links with her. She saw the Last Reformation movie number one. (the beginning)

We arrived at the location at opening and there was long line outside already. So we waited in the car and talked some more until we saw the initial line go in. Then we started to make our way to the building to get in line as more were showing up.

No sooner did we get in line than a man was making his way to the back of the line where we were coming to us with a walker, struggling to make his way, but seeming friendly and polite. As soon as he found his spot behind me he began talking to me. lol

It was obvious to my wife and I that this was a divine appointment. So I engaged with him about his difficulties. He shared readily the whole situation with me. I asked about what the condition prevented him from doing. (I wanted a way to measure progress while we prayed) So I asked him if he had ever received prayer for his condition. He said he had, and asked if I wanted to pray for him too. I asked him if he was a believer (yes he was) and began to pray for him as we moved through the line.

He said he had a plate and screws in his back that needed to be removed. When I put a hand in that area I could feel heat. I asked him if he felt anything. (nothing to report) I informed him later of the Bethel church in Redding CA, where they had good success with metal disappearing when they prayed. We didn't see any progress on the spot, but my wife was good to assure him that the process was just beginning and that he would see results later in the day. My wife has prophetic abilities, so we'll go with that.
So appreciated your testimony of a divine appointment
'To be used of God is my desire!'

Upvote 0