Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rather, those who are born again have their sins forgiven. All are sinners still. Even you, friend, still sin. In fact, ONLY sinners are Saved.

According to the scriptures; we are all sinners in need of a Savior *MATTHEW 9:12-13. The good news of the gospel is that we have a Savior that has power to save us from our sins *JOHN 8:32-36 and frees us to walk in His Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16. Those who have been born again to love in the new covenant promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12 do not practice sin according to the scriptures *1 JOHN 3:6-9 as those who practice known sin have neither seen him or know him. According to God's Word (not mine) sin (breaking anyone of God's commandments and not believing his Word - JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 14:23) is the difference between the children of God and the Children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:9-10; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; REVELATION 12:17; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God according to the scriptures * ROMANS 3:4; ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 5:29; MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Now... help the rest of us understand how, with ZERO scriptural verses citing ROME explicitly as a Harlot, and with the MYRIAD of scriptural verses citing Jerusalem/Israel EXPLICITLY as a Harlot, you still insist Rome, or the Vatican, is the scriptural Harlot, and we should all take a sharpie and redact the above scriptures, positively identifying Jerusalem as the Harlot, and render them as irrelevant and meaningless - needing to be removed from our Bibles?

Any view that insists we flatly deny or ignore this much SPECIFIC scripture, is a view I will always encourage every honest Christian to reject outright.

No problem. In the new testament (covenant) only those who believe and follow Gods' Word are God's true ISRAEL. That is those of ISRAEL in the flesh that denied JESUS as the promised Messiah are no longer Gods' people. God's people today are all those who through faith accept JESUS as the promised Messiah representing Christianity. Those who through faith be it JEW or Gentile believers are now all one in Christ *EPHESIANS 2:11-13; GALATIANS 3:28-29; ROMANS 9:6-8; ROMANS 2:28-29; COLOSSIANS 3:11; ROMANS 10:11-13.

REVELATION 14:8 [8], And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

NOTE: BABYLON is being portrayed here in REVELATION 14:8 as an UNFAITHFUL WOMAN.

Similar warnings and scriptures are also found in REVELATIONS 17:1-5 where BABYLON is described as an UNFAITHFUL WOMAN [HARLOT] sitting on the SCARLET COLORED BEAST which is connected to those receiving the MARK OF THE BEAST in REVELATIONS 14:9-10. While REVELATIONS 18:1-10 is a call for God’s people to come out of BABYLON that they do not receive the judgments of God which are connected to the BEASTS MARK. Let’s look at some of these scriptures.

REVELATIONS 17:1-5
[1], And there came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls, and talked with me, saying unto me, come here; I will show unto you the judgment of the GREAT HARLOT THAT SITS ON MANY WATERS:
[2], With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3], So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4], And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5], And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

NOTE: Here we have the WOMAN who is said to be a HARLOT that sits on many waters also a scarlot colored BEAST. This WOMEN HARLOT is named BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. These scriptures link directly to

REVELATION 14:8 [8], And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

NOTE: BABYLON therefore in REVELATIONS represents a WOMAN that is the MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

A WOMAN in bible prophecy represents God’s professed people. A PURE WOMAN representing God’s faithful true Church *JEREMIAH 6:2; 2 CORINTHIANS 11:2; EPHESIANS 5:23-27, while an UNFAITHFUL WOMAN or HARLOT represents an APOSTATE CHURCH that is UNFAITHFUL to GOD who have departed his WORD *EZEKIEL 16:15-58; 23:2-21; HOSEA 2:5; 3:1; REVELATION 14:4.

Let’s look at the scriptures. Therefore, BABYLON that is connected that sits on the BEAST represents a CORRUPT RELIGIOUS POLITICAL POWER. It sits on many WATERS *REVELATION 17:1 which is symbolic of this CORRUPT RELIGIOUS POLITICAL POWER having influence over many people…

REVELATION 17:15, And he said unto me, The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

She commits FORNICATION with the KINGS of the EARTH which means this is as WORLD-WIDE RELIGIOUS movement *REVELATIONS 17:2

This WORLD-WIDE CORRUPT RELIGIOUS POWER IS ALSO SAID TO BE THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS. This is meaning that CORRUPT RELIGIOUS CHURCHES have come out of BABYLON. Now BABYLON represents confusion it is a world-wide corrupt religious political Church that has influence with all the kings of the earth.

IMPORTANT NOTE: We need to stop here to make something clear before proceeding further in identifying who BABYLON represents. These scriptures are NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THESE CHURCHES! God has many of his people inside these corrupt Churches. How do we know this? Please pay attention to the following scriptures.

REVELATIONS 18:1-10
[1], And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was made bright with his glory.
[2], And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of demons, and the haunt of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
[3], For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich through the abundance of her luxury.
[4], And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, THAT YOU BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER SINS, AND THAT YOU RECEIVE NOT OF HER PLAGUES.
[5], For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

God has his people in BABYLON which represents CORRUPT APOSTATE CHRISTIANITY. God’s WORD goes on to say…

JOHN 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one-fold, and one shepherd.

JOHN 4:21-24
[21], Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when you shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
[22], You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
[23], But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him.
[24], God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

CONCLUSION
: God has his people in EVERY CHURCH. Not all these Churches are following God or his WORD. Not all these Churches are faithful to God or his WORD. It is not the people in these Churches that God hates and will send judgements to it is the Churches that lead his people away from his WORD to break his commandments. God has his people in all these Churches and is calling his true people out of these Churches to worship him and follow him in Spirit and in truth according to the WORD of GOD. It is because of his great love to us that before the judgments of God fall on these Churches, GOD will call his true followers OUT of these corrupt unfaithful Churches to follow him according to his WORD. BABYLON represents the Mother Church; the Roman Catholic Church (not the people in it) and the fallen Protestant Churches (not the people). God has his people in every Church and loves them all. He is calling them out to worship him in Spirit and in truth according to his Word.

God bless...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If they do not practice sin, why would they loose it at the last minute?
They (the believers and followers of God's Word) don't. Only those who were once believers and depart the faith and do not resist temptation to the end and fall back into known unrepentant sin do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
They (the believers and followers of God's Word) don't. Only those who depart the faith and do not resist temptation to the end and fall back into known unrepentant sin do.
In other words, they never had it to start with.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In other words, they never had it to start with.
Nope, people can have salvation and then choose to depart the faith according to the scriptures. Please read the scriptures in HEBREWS 6:4-8 and HEBREWS 10:26-39

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to the scriptures; we are all sinners in need of a Savior *MATTHEW 9:12-13. The good news of the gospel is that we have a Savior that has power to save us from our sins *JOHN 8:32-36 and frees us to walk in His Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16. Those who have been born again to love in the new covenant promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12 do not practice sin according to the scriptures *1 JOHN 3:6-9 as those who practice known sin have neither seen him or know him. According to God's Word (not mine) sin (breaking anyone of God's commandments and not believing his Word - JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 14:23) is the difference between the children of God and the Children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:9-10; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; REVELATION 12:17; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God according to the scriptures * ROMANS 3:4; ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 5:29; MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Can you prove to the Forum you Don't sin?
We must assume you still do, unless you can prove otherwise.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Can you prove to the Forum you Don't sin? We must assume you still do, unless you can prove otherwise.
I do not need to prove anything to anyone as my salvation is between me and God and I have only provided God's Word and God's Word is not my words but Gods. We are not to judge others according to the scriptures but to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. JESUS came into the world to save sinners of whom I am chief. What is it in the scriptures that have been shared with you dear friend that you do not believe? God's salvation is from sin not to continue in sin. If we continue in known unrepentant sin we will die according to the scriptures. Truly I say unto you, unless we are born again we will not see God's Kingdom. Those who are born again do not practice known unrepentant sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a mental issue that no one has any control over.
Sorry not sure what your talking about. Did you want to explain yourself a little further? I am not sure what your meaning is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry not sure what your talking about. Did you want to explain yourself a little further? I am not sure what your meaning is.
You seem pretty sure in your doctrinal stance. You have not provided that view yet.

In practice, I am sure your doctrine has no substance, since Salvation is still a personal choice and reading people's minds is not an exact science.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not need to prove anything to anyone as my salvation is between me and God and I have only provided God's Word and God's Word is not my words but Gods. We are not to judge others according to the scriptures but to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. JESUS came into the world to save sinners of whom I am chief. What is it in the scriptures that have been shared with you dear friend that you do not believe? God's salvation is from sin not to continue in sin. If we continue in known unrepentant sin we will die according to the scriptures. Truly I say unto you, unless we are born again we will not see God's Kingdom. Those who are born again do not practice known unrepentant sin.

What does scripture say Sin gets it's Power From?

What does scripture say Sin does not get imputed against us if there is no ____?

(Hint: its the same answer to both questions!)

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those who are born again do not practice known unrepentant sin.

I see you've added the Caveat: "known, unrepentant"

Those were absent in your original proclamation.

I'm glad you saw to correct your previous comment, as it is now much more in line with scriptural truth than the original proclamation you made..

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No problem. In the new testament (covenant) only those who believe and follow Gods' Word are God's true ISRAEL. That is those of ISRAEL in the flesh that denied JESUS as the promised Messiah are no longer Gods' people. God's people today are all those who through faith accept JESUS as the promised Messiah representing Christianity. Those who through faith be it JEW or Gentile believers are now all one in Christ *EPHESIANS 2:11-13; GALATIANS 3:28-29; ROMANS 9:6-8; ROMANS 2:28-29; COLOSSIANS 3:11; ROMANS 10:11-13.

NOTE: BABYLON is being portrayed here in REVELATION 14:8 as an UNFAITHFUL WOMAN.

Similar warnings and scriptures are also found in REVELATIONS 17:1-5 where BABYLON is described as an UNFAITHFUL WOMAN [HARLOT] sitting on the SCARLET COLORED BEAST which is connected to those receiving the MARK OF THE BEAST in REVELATIONS 14:9-10. While REVELATIONS 18:1-10 is a call for God’s people to come out of BABYLON that they do not receive the judgments of God which are connected to the BEASTS MARK. Let’s look at some of these scriptures.

REVELATIONS 17:1-5
[1], And there came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls, and talked with me, saying unto me, come here; I will show unto you the judgment of the GREAT HARLOT THAT SITS ON MANY WATERS:
[2], With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3], So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4], And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5], And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

NOTE: Here we have the WOMAN who is said to be a HARLOT that sits on many waters also a scarlot colored BEAST. This WOMEN HARLOT is named BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. These scriptures link directly to

NOTE: BABYLON therefore in REVELATIONS represents a WOMAN that is the MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

A WOMAN in bible prophecy represents God’s professed people. A PURE WOMAN representing God’s faithful true Church *JEREMIAH 6:2; 2 CORINTHIANS 11:2; EPHESIANS 5:23-27, while an UNFAITHFUL WOMAN or HARLOT represents an APOSTATE CHURCH that is UNFAITHFUL to GOD who have departed his WORD *EZEKIEL 16:15-58; 23:2-21; HOSEA 2:5; 3:1; REVELATION 14:4.

Let’s look at the scriptures. Therefore, BABYLON that is connected that sits on the BEAST represents a CORRUPT RELIGIOUS POLITICAL POWER. It sits on many WATERS *REVELATION 17:1 which is symbolic of this CORRUPT RELIGIOUS POLITICAL POWER having influence over many people…

REVELATION 17:15, And he said unto me, The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

She commits FORNICATION with the KINGS of the EARTH which means this is as WORLD-WIDE RELIGIOUS movement *REVELATIONS 17:2

This WORLD-WIDE CORRUPT RELIGIOUS POWER IS ALSO SAID TO BE THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS. This is meaning that CORRUPT RELIGIOUS CHURCHES have come out of BABYLON. Now BABYLON represents confusion it is a world-wide corrupt religious political Church that has influence with all the kings of the earth.

IMPORTANT NOTE: We need to stop here to make something clear before proceeding further in identifying who BABYLON represents. These scriptures are NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THESE CHURCHES! God has many of his people inside these corrupt Churches. How do we know this? Please pay attention to the following scriptures.

REVELATIONS 18:1-10
[1], And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was made bright with his glory.
[2], And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of demons, and the haunt of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
[3], For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich through the abundance of her luxury.
[4], And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, THAT YOU BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER SINS, AND THAT YOU RECEIVE NOT OF HER PLAGUES.
[5], For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

God has his people in BABYLON which represents CORRUPT APOSTATE CHRISTIANITY. God’s WORD goes on to say…

JOHN 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one-fold, and one shepherd.

JOHN 4:21-24
[21], Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when you shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
[22], You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
[23], But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him.
[24], God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

CONCLUSION
: God has his people in EVERY CHURCH. Not all these Churches are following God or his WORD. Not all these Churches are faithful to God or his WORD. It is not the people in these Churches that God hates and will send judgements to it is the Churches that lead his people away from his WORD to break his commandments. God has his people in all these Churches and is calling his true people out of these Churches to worship him and follow him in Spirit and in truth according to the WORD of GOD. It is because of his great love to us that before the judgments of God fall on these Churches, GOD will call his true followers OUT of these corrupt unfaithful Churches to follow him according to his WORD. BABYLON represents the Mother Church; the Roman Catholic Church (not the people in it) and the fallen Protestant Churches (not the people). God has his people in every Church and loves them all. He is calling them out to worship him in Spirit and in truth according to his Word.

God bless...

You didn't provide one single scripture that directly calls the "apostate Church" the Harlot, you have only provided Inference and specualtion, and very weak speculation at best.

In contrast, I provided OVER 30 scriptures Directly, precisely, POSITIVELY identifying Apostate ISRAEL/Jerusalem as the Harlot.

Why should I Ignore, throw away those 30+ scriptures, and rip them from the pages of My bible as Meaningless in identifying the scriptural Harlot City???

And instead adopt your view that can only be arrived at by weak speculation and inference?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You seem pretty sure in your doctrinal stance. You have not provided that view yet.
Yes Tim I have faith in God's Word as that is my doctrinal stance and I am only seeking to provide that view. What is it that you would like to know?
In practice, I am sure your doctrine has no substance, since Salvation is still a personal choice and reading people's minds is not an exact science.
I have only provided God's Word and God's Word is not mine but Gods. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What does scripture say Sin gets it's Power From?

What does scripture say Sin does not get imputed against us if there is no ____?

(Hint: its the same answer to both questions!)

A sinful heart. That is why we need to be born again. Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking any one of God's 10 commandments and not believing and following God's Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I see you've added the Caveat: "known, unrepentant"

Those were absent in your original proclamation.

I'm glad you saw to correct your previous comment, as it is now much more in line with scriptural truth than the original proclamation you made..

I have not added anything. The first post statement was a quote from scripture *1 JOHN 3:9. Adding "known sin" in other posts is also quoting scripture, see *JAMES 4:17; ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 17:30-31; HEBREWS 10:26-27

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You didn't provide one single scripture that directly calls the "apostate Church" the Harlot, you have only provided Inference and specualtion, and very weak speculation at best.

In contrast, I provided OVER 30 scriptures Directly, precisely, POSITIVELY identifying Apostate ISRAEL/Jerusalem as the Harlot.

Why should I Ignore, throw away those 30+ scriptures, and rip them from the pages of My bible as Meaningless in identifying the scriptural Harlot City???

And instead adopt your view that can only be arrived at by weak speculation and inference?

Well if we want to get technical I did post OVER 107 scripture directly defining who God's ISRAEL are in the new covenant linking these to Christianity in the book of Revelations who have fallen away from God and his Word but who's counting? I can post more if you like?

You see the scriptures you provided only support what I am sharing with you. They are not in contradiction to what is being shared with you. That is why I provided the new testament scriptures that define who God's ISRAEL is in the new covenant. According to the scriptures, God's ISRAEL in the new covenant are all those who believe and follow God's Word. The scriptures provided earlier to you prove that God's ISRAEL in the new covenant are no longer those in the flesh but in the Spirit.

In the old covenant in the flesh this was physical ISRAEL from the seed of Abraham. When they were faithful scripture likens God's people to a fair and comely chaste woman married to God. When they depart from God's Word they are likened unto an unfaithful adulterous woman or a harlot.

In the new covenant God's ISRAEL are not longer those of the flesh but of the Spirit. God's ISRAEL are all those who believe and follow Gods' Word. Those who reject Christ are no longer a part of God's ISRAEL and gentile believers are grafted in with Jewish believers and we are all one in Christ.

The BOOK of revelation and the book of Daniel show that just like in the days of the JEWS, the Mother church will fall away from God's Word and become the mother of Harlots (other unfaithful church's will spawn from her). God's people are in every church and he is calling us back to believe and follow his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A sinful heart. That is why we need to be born again. Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking any one of God's 10 commandments and not believing and following God's Word.

Let's stick to Scripture, shall we?
I asked, What does scripture say gets its strength from:
Scripture Answers:
1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Next I asked, What does scripture say about Sin not being imputed against us when there is no ____?

Again, Scripture Answers:
Romans 5:13
13 For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Before the Law was Given, Adam's Sin was imputed unto all, and as such Death reigned over all, regardless of whether or not people sinned...ALL were condemned... even if you did not sin, Death reigned over you.

Then The Law was given and gave indivudal's sins the strength to condemn them.

Now that Christ has fulfilled the law, there are two realities:

1) You are either IN ADAM, condemned whether you sin or not (as it was before the law)

OR

2)You are IN CHRIST, saved even though you sin.

Our Sins are no longer the measuring stick God uses to determine our salvation status.

Sin is now powerless to prevent anyone from Salvation.

In fact, ONLY sinners get saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well if we want to get technical I did post OVER 107 scripture directly defining who God's ISRAEL are in the new covenant

I AGREE!!
Biblical New Covenant Israel is: Jesus Christ, His Jewish Followers, and grafted in gentiles.
Correct.

linking these to Christianity in the book of Revelations

1) It's the Book of RevelatioN.. Singular...
Not RevelationS, Plural.

2) you have shown no such scriptural Link, direct or inferred, that "links" the Mystery Babylon, the Great City of RevelatioN to Apostate Christianity... Scripture Does DIRECTLY Link it to 1st Century Jerusalem:

Peter wrote his first epistle from Jerusalem in about A.D. 65, calling her "Babylon." Peter was a "pillar" at Jerusalem (Gal. 1:18; 2:9; Acts 15:7). He was the Apostle of the Circumcision (Gal. 2:7-9).

"By Silvanus, ...I have written you. ...The Church in Babylon ...sends you her greeting, and Mark my son." (I Peter 5:12,13)
"Babylon" was Jerusalem. Jerusalem was where both "Mark" and "Silvanus" lived (Acts 12:12; 15:22-40).

John likewise confirms 1st century Jerusalem is the Great Harlot City Babylon:

Jerusalem is the Great City in the book of Revelation (Revelation 11:8). She is Babylon (1 Peter 5:12-13), the Harlot that rode on the Beast's back (her alliance with Ancient Rome) before the Beast turned on her and made her desolate and burned her with fire (Revelation 17:16; Luke 21:20).

May he do the same for you Friend!

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0