Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Getting divorced here. It's a fact of life. Part of our human ways. God does not like it, according to the Bible, but, God understands our weak human nature.

God is all mercy and all love. He will guide those that need guidance. I put all my faith in God at this difficult time of divorce I am going through.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,370.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF :wave:

Perhaps this area Christian Advice might be a better place for a discussion than this thread which is intended for a brief introduction about yourself

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As my brother in Christ @Goatee has stepped up and stated that he is getting divorced I feel compelled to 'confess' that I too am divorced. I am re-married. It is easy to hide behind a status of 'married' and keep quiet but heyho, according to most (?) Christians I am living in adultery by being re-married. I was really sad to divorce my first husband after only a few years of marriage but he was a danger to our son due to mental health issues. I love him still, as a person, although he chooses to have no contact with me. Nobody gets married with the plan to get divorced, it is heart breaking to see one's dreams and hopes destroyed. I pray the Holy Spirit be with you, whichever path you choose.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. I'm New and would like to discuss God's view on seperation and divorce.
I think it may depend on the reason you seperate or divorce. I am strongly of the view, that if you marry, knowing God does not want you to marry the person you marry, divorce is certainly permissable. Otherwise, you can deliberately go against what God wants you to do, and then take the view God will just have to accept it
God does not have to accept what is not his will for your life

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I'm New and would like to discuss God's view on seperation and divorce.
Welcome to the forums. I hope you find support, fellowship and good discussion here.

Upvote 0
Aug 17, 2017
Essex, Uk
✟19,304.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't believe in divorce. But after being born again almost 7yrs, I married a man who turned out to be a false, troubled, hard hearted confessed believer, and who withdrew his belief because he found that his own expectations weren't being met as he thought they should be.

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

“Paisios”

Sinner
Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe in divorce. But after being born again almost 7yrs, I married a man who turned out to be a false, troubled, hard hearted confessed believer, and who withdrew his belief because he found that his own expectations weren't being met as he thought they should be.
I'm sorry for your pain BEARDEDDARNELL, and I will pray for you, your husband, your relationship, and that God will give you guidance and clarity, and that He would surround you with loving and wise people who will give you the love, support and wisdom that you need to navigate this time of trial. Not knowing your specific circumstances I have no specific advice (and of what worth is my opinion anyway?). God doesn't like divorce, but there are circumstances in the Bible where it is lawful, and God certainly understands and forgives our weaknesses and sins, if we were to divorce outside of those (not that we shouldn't make the effort to reconcile and heal the divisions first - but He knows that we are sometimes weak and overwhelmed). Be comforted that He will not leave you, and that He loves you.

Upvote 0
Aug 17, 2017
Essex, Uk
✟19,304.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm sorry for your pain BEARDEDDARNELL, and I will pray for you, your husband, your relationship, and that God will give you guidance and clarity, and that He would surround you with loving and wise people who will give you the love, support and wisdom that you need to navigate this time of trial. Not knowing your specific circumstances I have no specific advice (and of what worth is my opinion anyway?). God doesn't like divorce, but there are circumstances in the Bible where it is lawful, and God certainly understands and forgives our weaknesses and sins, if we were to divorce outside of those (not that we shouldn't make the effort to reconcile and heal the divisions first - but He knows that we are sometimes weak and overwhelmed). Be comforted that He will not leave you, and that He loves you.[/

Upvote 0
Aug 17, 2017
Essex, Uk
✟19,304.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thank you. My husband is a man under the Spirit of fear, anxiety, and strongholds that have him entangled since birth....
He is very well versed in the Bible, chapter and verse, but he s NOT born of Spirit in what seems now to have been a shallow confession, not rooted deep within his hearts soil..

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0