✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
*You are in the Catholic forum*

In the past, the tobacco industry reaped enormous profits while denying the harm of cigarettes. History must not repeat itself with a powerful cannabis lobby.

Continued below.
Marijuana: A wolf in sheep’s clothing – Catholic World Report

From your link

"The use of marijuana has been identified in numerous other international studies as a major cause of psychosis, violence, and crime."

I would think aspirin are dangerous and could be associated with many things also. Coffee and alcohol, and the medical system, and prescription drugs too. Cars also. Ever hear of a getaway car? Ha. A major part of legalizing pot seems to be related to the medical aspects...creams for pain and etc. I do not see it as any different from other meds. (although I try to avoid all of them if possible anyhow). I would consider the Ritalin and similar drugs passed out in schools far more dangerous. (not to mention godless education/values as far far far far far far more dangerous).

While I would have some concerns with massive over use of the drug, I would not think moderate use causes psychosis. As far as crime goes, we may have said alcohol in the Prohibition era was associated with crime. Much of that was probably because it was illegal! I don't recall being attacked by a pot head lately.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I, too, have concerns about cannabis.

Yes, there are safe and valid ways to use it as medicine. There are also many, many ways to abuse it, become ill, develop awful mental health problems, and deaden one's personality. It's a drug. It does hurt people.

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I, too, have concerns about cannabis.

Yes, there are safe and valid ways to use it as medicine. There are also many, many ways to abuse it, become ill, develop awful mental health problems, and deaden one's personality. It's a drug. It does hurt people.

I agree. I also think it's addictive. I see people "needing a smoke" just as much with weed as with cigarettes. (This is people with medical cards too.) It's joint after joint, like a chain smoker.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0