Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You rejoice over the deaths of the unvaccinated? And "Those prominent vaccinated people who die from Covid are mourned".

Wow, did you really just write that out loud?

We know who would have gloated over incarcerating others today in ghettos and later camps (and are saying these things now in Australia). They say things like you just said.
It’s was sarcasm

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Since they don't die ......

Did I tell you about the unvaccinated 30-ish guy I know that was training for a marathon when he contracted COVID? After six months, he can't walk more than twenty feet without resting due to the scarring in his lungs. Then there's his heart failure. He can't work and is applying for SSDI. But, hey, the guy didn't die, so no worries. BTW, he now recommends everyone get vaccinated. He hadn't been vaccinated because he was young and in peak physical condition and "never got sick".
Have I told you about all the people I know who have gotten Covid and recovered completely?

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,107.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What was the point of denial in this case? I think it might have been a posture for the sake of keeping his 'church' before the public eye.

Pfizer bad: ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine good. Is there any logic in there?

Was he a rich man?

Did he make a lot of money from preaching?

Does the 'church' make appeals for money when it broadcasts?

Who owns Daystar?

Why should I think he was not a complete fraud?

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What was the point of denial in this case? I think it might have been a posture for the sake of keeping his 'church' before the public eye.

Pfizer bad: ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine good. Is there any logic in there?

Was he a rich man?

Who owns Daystar?

Bolding mine.

Because Jesus said there would not be any wolves in sheep's clothing or tares among the wheat in His Church?

Oh wait!

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have I told you about all the people I know who have gotten Covid and recovered completely?
Please start a thread on that. No names, just as much detail as possible. With your expert analysis.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Please start a thread on that. No names, just as much detail as possible. With your expert analysis.
So your anecdote is okay, but not mine. Got it.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Friendly
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I provided what I have. Just as much as he did.

That's fine, but you don't have any basis for implying that he has dismissed your allusion to people you know. We all know many people have cases of relatively minor severity.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said "Don't cast your pearls before swine, and don't give what is holy to dogs".

Compassion is going to be wasted on some people, and we'ld all be better off spending our limited resources more fruitfully, where it will do more good in the world (Luke 16).

"And because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will become cold." ---Matthew 24:12

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
"And because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will become cold." ---Matthew 24:12

Is it loving for a pastor to encourage people to reject medically approved vaccines in the middle of a pandemic? I think not.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Was he a rich man?

Who owns Daystar?

Half the stuff evangelicals do is about keeping their religion in the public eye. It's been a modus operandi since the 19th century.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,107.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Half the stuff evangelicals do is about keeping their religion in the public eye. It's been a modus operandi since the 19th century.

As I remember, there is an evangelical in Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn who was a hustler. I read it as a lad, so my memory may be faulty; I tend to think of them all as from that same mould.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That's fine, but you don't have any basis for implying that he has dismissed your allusion to people you know. We all know many people have cases of relatively minor severity.
I never made that point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I remember, there is an evangelical in Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn who was a hustler. I read it as a lad, so my memory may be faulty; I tend to think of them all as from that same mould.

Hello! Not all Christians and evangelicals are of this ilk. It's sad that the bad eggs sometimes give the whole basket a bad name. It's a shame that Christians don't always follow the bible's advice:

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody (1 Thessalonians 4:11-12)

Certainly having a TV channel which broadcasts falsehoods about the Covid vaccine is not living a quiet life, minding one's own business or winning the respect of outsiders.

God Bless :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.